Trade Leon Washington

Favorite_Toon

His trade Value I believe will never be as high as it is right now... Why not trade him for a Marshall or a Bowe or even a Braylon edwards? I mean we can go with greene and jones at rb... and have danny be the third stringer... we need a reciever and 5 million dollars for leon washington sounds ridiculous to me

Dude what?? we have to give more for one of those recivers... ok I would.... Leon washington? cmon bro...wake up....

We need a reciever... cotchery is not enough... stuckey? clowney? nah... time is now...

5 million for washington? really?

Time is not now, we got a rookie QB and new Head Coach.

That mentality will get both of them run out of town before they can show us what they got.

Dude what?? we have to give more for one of those recivers... ok I would.... Leon washington? cmon bro...wake up....

We need a reciever... cotchery is not enough... stuckey? clowney? nah... time is now...

5 million for washington? really?

Bro? Im female.

Leon Washington is our best player. Why offer more than you have to in a trade? You'd suck as a GM.

Dude. :face:

Bro? Im female.

Leon Washington is our best player. Why offer more than you have to in a trade? You'd suck as a GM.

Wait.. what the hell are you talking about? i didnt say who i would trade or what i would...all i know is this guy is a special teams star and not a rb... and he asking for top 10 rb money.... enough with him....

GO GET WHAT WE REALLY NEED... A WIDE RECIEVER SO WE CAN HELP OUR ROOKIE QB... WE WOULDNT BE STARVING WITHOUT NO WASHINGTON..

WE HAVE THOMAS JONES AND A ROOKIE WE DRAFTED..GREENE

Wait.. what the hell are you talking about? i didnt say who i would trade or what i would...all i know is this guy is a special teams star and not a rb... and he asking for top 10 rb money.... enough with him....

GO GET WHAT WE REALLY NEED... A WIDE RECIEVER SO WE CAN HELP OUR ROOKIE QB... WE WOULDNT BE STARVING WITHOUT NO WASHINGTON..

We can get a WR without trading our BEST OFFENSIVE WEAPON is my point.

I am just saying... leon can become a big problem with this contract crap... we need a reciever...
The Jets have Leon over a barrel, he's not going to sit out, he can't afford to.

I don't blame him for trying to get all he can, he will sign eventually, the only way I would trade him is if I knew he was gonna leave as a free agent.

I'd rather get something for him then to lose him for nothing.

Insanity.

How long has it been since we had a real playmaker on offense?

Santana Moss? Who we also foolishly traded, just because our QB's arm was too weak to allow his talent to shine?

Good deal. Every time we get a playmaker, let's trade them, because our GM is too ****ty to fill the other positions on the team properly.

You don't think dumping the ball off to Leon is going to help? As a safety valve, default type receiver?

Thats a bold statement.

We'll see what DMC does this year.

It's really not, Leon has proven over his career he is a dangerous offensive weapon when he actually gets the ball in his hands. If he finally gets the touches he deserves he will be considered top 10 in the league. He could be a healthy Brian Westbrook and that is in no way a far off comparison.

His trade Value I believe will never be as high as it is right now... Why not trade him for a Marshall or a Bowe or even a Braylon edwards? I mean we can go with greene and jones at rb... and have danny be the third stringer... we need a reciever and 5 million dollars for leon washington sounds ridiculous to me

The Broncos do not need another RB. The person that would be the best value would be Jericho Cotchery. We can trade him with 2 second round picks and we should be good. I think Clowney is the real deal and with Marshall as teh legit #1 then that would mean that we really can trade Cotch because we have a solid #3 in Stuckey and #4 in Smith.

My opinion.

Boy, you must be on the pipe.

It's really not, Leon has proven over his career he is a dangerous offensive weapon when he actually gets the ball in his hands. If he finally gets the touches he deserves he will be considered top 10 in the league. He could be a healthy Brian Westbrook and that is in no way a far off comparison.

Your not smart. Thats the nicest way I could say it.

Leon is a playmaker and Westbrook is a playmaker. That doesn't mean they're the same type of player.

Leon shouldn't touch the ball that much more then he did last year. He should, but not that much more. If he carried Jones' load you'd all consider him in a fraction of the light you do.

If he touched the ball as much as Westbrook did, healthy would be the last word to describe. He'd be broken in two.

Your not smart. Thats the nicest way I could say it.

Leon is a playmaker and Westbrook is a playmaker. That doesn't mean they're the same type of player.

Leon shouldn't touch the ball that much more then he did last year. He should, but not that much more. If he carried Jones' load you'd all consider him in a fraction of the light you do.

How can they not be similar they have the same build and the same playing style. They are both dangerous receivers out of the back field and quick shifty backs.

Why do you think Leon can't carry the load? His size? He came into the league at 5'8" and 195 so he probably has gained muscle since than and would be somewhere around 200.

Some comparisons...

Brian Westbrook: 5'10" 203

Tiki Barber: 5'10" 205

Warrick Dunn: 5'9" 187

Curtis Martin: 5"11" 210

Chris Johnson 5"11 200

All of these backs are small and had or look like they will have extremely productive careers. With the salary cap only getting higher or disappearing 5 million really isn't that much. Leon is probably the only offensive player we have that a defense actually has to game plan for and is extremely valuable to us.

How can they not be similar they have the same build and the same playing style. They are both dangerous receivers out of the back field and quick shifty backs.

Why do you think Leon can't carry the load? His size? He came into the league at 5'8" and 195 so he probably has gained muscle since than and would be somewhere around 200.

Some comparisons...

Brian Westbrook: 5'10" 203

Tiki Barber: 5'10" 205

Warrick Dunn: 5'9" 187

Curtis Martin: 5"11" 210

Chris Johnson 5"11 200

All of these backs are small and had or look like they will have extremely productive careers. With the salary cap only getting higher or disappearing 5 million really isn't that much. Leon is probably the only offensive player we have that a defense actually has to game plan for and is extremely valuable to us.

You really think after 5 years none of the 3 coaches has realized what 3 Jets message boards think they know. If the guy was cut out to be an every down back, he wouldn't be returning kicks.

Do you really think this guy would have been an all time runningback? You really think he's gonna take it to the house every time he gets a touch. The more touches he gets the less YPG he gets.

You really think after 5 years none of the 3 coaches has realized what 3 Jets message boards think they know. If the guy was cut out to be an every down back, he wouldn't be returning kicks.

Do you really think this guy would have been an all time runningback? You really think he's gonna take it to the house every time he gets a touch. The more touches he gets the less YPG he gets.

5 years? He's been in the league 3 seasons and considering he was coached by Mangini all that time I really don't care what the coach thought. He's never been given a chance to get 20 touches a game. I'm not saying he needs to run the ball 20 times but between catches, returns and runs he should be close to that and he would be worth 5 mil. If he can get those touches I bet he would average at least 1 TD a game and that would easily be worth it.

I don't think he's going to be an all time RB, one cause he's not what I would consider a normal RB, thats why Shonne Greene was drafted. But also this is the modern NFL and it costs a lot more to keep players now that the cap is constantly rising significantly. Why do you think any time any well known player signs a new contract it seems to be one of the largest ever at their position? Times are changing, players are getting paid more, 5 million isn't so absurd. I'd have preferred for the Jets to get him at 4.5 and I don't think he deserves 6 but 5 really isn't that ridiculous.

He touched the ball 195 times as a rookie and about 200 times last year. He hasn't had a hint of an injury in 3 years. You haters really think he couldn't touch the ball around 240 times, without worry, especially now that he's not returning punts this year? He scored once every 15 times he touched the ball from scrimmage last year.

Child please. :rolleyes:

:rim:

Archived