ESPN to air English Premier League Games

Otter

ESPN will be televising EPL games this season. Here is the schedule thru November...

Saturday, August 15:

• Chelsea v Hull City, 7:45am, ESPN2

Monday, August 24:

• Liverpool v Aston Villa, 3pm, ESPN2

Saturday, August 29:

• Chelsea v Burnley, 7:45am, ESPN2

Saturday, September 19:

• Burnley v Sunderland, 7:45am, ESPN2

Saturday, September 26:

• Portsmouth v Everton, 7:45am, ESPN2

Monday, September 28:

• Manchester City v West Ham United, ESPN2

Monday, October 5:

• Aston Villa v Manchester City, 3pm, ESPN2

Saturday, October 17:

• Aston Villa v Chelsea, 7:45am, ESPN2

Monday, October 19:

• Fulham v Hull City, 3pm, ESPN2

Saturday, October 24:

• Wolves v Aston Villa, 7:45am, ESPN2

Saturday, October 31:

• Arsenal v Tottenham, 6:45am, ESPN2

Monday, November 9:

• Liverpool v Birmingham City, 3pm, ESPN2

Saturday, November 21:

• Liverpool v Manchester City, 7:45am, ESPN2

I wonder what the commentary situation is going to be. I hate when they use American to announce soccer here. Especially when they try to teach you the game. I understand they're trying to grow the audience here, but come on. Soccer is all that hard to understand, thats the beauty of it.

I'd settle for a compromise, one old british dude, and one American that teaches the sport.

I wonder what the commentary situation is going to be. I hate when they use American to announce soccer here. Especially when they try to teach you the game. I understand they're trying to grow the audience here, but come on. Soccer is all that hard to understand, thats the beauty of it.

I'd settle for a compromise, one old british dude, and one American that teaches the sport.

I'd rather they just use the British broadcasters like they do on Fox Soccer Channel. They know the league, the history and the intricacies of British soccer. It just makes for a better listen.

I wish they'd throw some Bundesliga on there too

ESPN Deportes has live Bundesliga games on Saturdays and replays them at 8:00 in the evening. I'm not sure if you have that out there though. I was able to watch the Bayern-Werder Bremen game the other night.

Does this mean you all have to sit through Tommy Smyth rambling on about absolutely nothing week after week?

I'm not sure about the Saturday games, but last night's game had British announcers. Much better than Tommy and J.P.

Archived