Venus & Serena Williams Buy Stake in the Dolphins ... Wow

Joke.

Williams sisters buy stake in the Dolphins

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 19, 2009 7:29 PM ET

The Dolphins never-ending quest to find celebrity owners who want a small stake in the team rolled on Wednesday.

And this time, they found someone actually near the peak of their career. Or careers, in this case.

Venus and Serena Williams were the latest public figures to jump on board with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Marc Anthony and Gloria Estefan previously bought stakes in the team, and Jimmy Buffet bought the naming rights to the team's stadium for 2009.

The Williams sisters grew up in Los Angeles, but now live in Palm Beach Gardens, about an hour from where the Dolphins play.

as if jason taylor and the incredibly gay colors weren't bad enough........

they should just change the uniforms to assless rainbow pants and pink belly shirts with that cute little knot above their bellybuttons. (coudl someone photoshop that for me so i can use it as a sig?)

but i love it...nothing is too humiliating for dolphags fans to have to put up with for rooting for that homosexual franchise.

as if jason taylor and the incredibly gay colors weren't bad enough........

they should just change the uniforms to assless rainbow pants and pink belly shirts with that cute little knot above their bellybuttons. (coudl someone photoshop that for me so i can use it as a sig?)

but i love it...nothing is too humiliating for dolphags fans to have to put up with for rooting for that homosexual franchise.

I'm have the photoshop skills to pull that off, but I don't really like you that much.

that's pretty funny since i can't remember ever having much, if any, interaction with you on this site. but whatever.............. .

Whatever is right. I don't know where that dude was coming from with that comment. As you said....whatever...:biggrin:

this is why Jon Bon Jovi wisely bowed out of buying in.

He was told it was just he and other owner. Then the owner said he wanted lots of celebrity owners. The owner is a celebrity sniffer it appears.

This will not bode well for Fish in long run.

this is why Jon Bon Jovi wisely bowed out of buying in.

He was told it was just he and other owner. Then the owner said he wanted lots of celebrity owners. The owner is a celebrity sniffer it appears.

This will not bode well for Fish in long run.

Why? They're not majority shareholders and they have zero say in the daily running of the franchise. They don't write checks, hire or fire any personel. They are being used as marketing tools for us. Hispanic, black and white people are owners now. We are well divesified.

Why? They're not majority shareholders and they have zero say in the daily running of the franchise. They don't write checks, hire or fire any personel. They are being used as marketing tools for us. Hispanic, black and white people are owners now. We are well divesified.

Trust me, its always bad when the focus is like this..

You will see.. Marketing tool??? No fan pays for seats based on owners diversity..pleaseeeeeeeeeee, its all about product on field. They could care less if the owner was Martian...

Tuna will not like in long run.

I can see him now after he leaves: "It became a freakin circus, I couldnt tell if i was in Hollywood or a NFL stadium"

Trust me, its always bad when the focus is like this..

You will see.. Marketing tool??? No fan pays for seats based on owners diversity..pleaseeeeeeeeeee, its all about product on field. They could care less if the owner was Martian...

Tuna will not like in long run.

I can see him now after he leaves: "It became a freakin circus, I couldnt tell if i was in Hollywood or a NFL stadium"

Trust you? Why? Do you have a masters in pro team marketing? Didn't think so.

Parcells may not like it, but the majority owner of our team has done nothing as far as messing with the FOOTBALL side of the team. Parcells is the only one that has say in the way football operations are run.

Trust you? Why? Do you have a masters in pro team marketing? Didn't think so.

Parcells may not like it, but the majority owner of our team has done nothing as far as messing with the FOOTBALL side of the team. Parcells is the only one that has say in the way football operations are run.

again, explain how diversified owners will sell more tickets??? You REALLY think football fans in Miami have been saying " I would buy tickets IF ONLY they had a Cuban/Mexican/Black owner" :rl:

u r kiddin right..if not, u r kiddin yourself

BULL****!

again, explain how diversified owners will sell more tickets??? You REALLY think football fans in Miami have been saying " I would buy tickets IF ONLY they had a Cuban/Mexican/Black owner" :rl:

u r kiddin right..if not, u r kiddin yourself

BULL****!

I don't have time to explain the Value of marketing to different segments of society, especially in a place as divesified as Miami.

Anyways, enjoy your psl's jets fans bwhahaha.

As a Jet fan, I would've been more concerned if Venus and Serena were platooning at free safety for the fish.

Who gives a crap who buys a stake in the team? Eh... I gotta admit that the Jimmy Buffet thing does bother me a little bit. I, for one, will never smoke pot wearing a parrot hat again. Take that, Jimmy! You can eat your cheeseburger in Hell for all I care!

Dolphins are now the laughing stock of the NFL.

So they have hispanics and African Americans, lets try to guess who they sell to next...

Steve Job so they can get the Mac geeks?

Jackie Chan so they can get the Chinese and Asian influence?

How about Sarah Palin to get the Alaskan viewsers..

BZ

So they have hispanics and African Americans, lets try to guess who they sell to next...

BZ

silly you.

Crashing says Its a Marketing strategy. :rl:

that's pretty funny since i can't remember ever having much, if any, interaction with you on this site. but whatever...............

You actually happen to be one of my all time favorite posters, providing you're the same neckdemon from JI. If your not, I don;t like you that much either.

BZ

No way. Betta that's not gonnah happin'.

907-SarahPalin011.23025.original.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg

Marketing? You have to be kidding me with this...you actually think that the Williams sisters getting partial ownership to your homogheyfag team is going to draw more interest?

You guys couldnt sell out if you brought back Marino, had the Ravens 2000 D, and had Walter Peyton in your backfield.

I think this latest move now makes us front runners to win the Bowl..

LOL...Honeslty, you cant tell me you guys arent embarrassed about this...your team is an absolute joke.

Marketing? You have to be kidding me with this...you actually think that the Williams sisters getting partial ownership to your homogheyfag team is going to draw more interest?

Actually it might. Most folks who watch NFLN already have a favorite team. The Dolphins will be the most discussed football team on the tennis channel. I bet most tennis fans turned football fans will be dolphin fans.

When the Jets want to make the news Rex Ryan makes a comment about the Patriots or picks a fight with the Dolphins linebacker corp. When the Dolphins want to make the news they sell part of the team.

You guys couldnt sell out if you brought back Marino, had the Ravens 2000 D, and had Walter Peyton in your backfield.

LOL...Honeslty, you cant tell me you guys arent embarrassed about this...your team is an absolute joke.

Yes, marketing.

Ross has said he wants the ownership group to reflect South Florida's ethnic diversity and glamour

As Ross is conscious of the Miami Dolphins name as a brand, Venus and Serena are conscious of their names as brands.

`OPPORTUNITIES'

``There's always so many opportunities out there, and Venus and I are always trying to expand our brand and do the best that we can do,'' Serena said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/tennis/story/1193815.html

It's understandable that the Jets don't have to be creative in their attempts at expanding their fanbase like Miami does, NY has thousands of underachieving, drunken citizens that will blindly follow whatever homogonized product is force fed to them.

Archived