Camp Cortland (Day 16) Rod Boone

flgreen

2934128506.JPG

1:49 PM By Roderick Boone

After watching this morning's practice and seeing how Mark Sanchez handles things compared to Kellen Clemens, I'm even more convinced now that Mark Sanchez will be the starter come the Sept. 13 opener in Houston than I already was last week or even a month ago.

Granted, if you've been reading over the last four or five days, Sanchez hasn't looked as good as he has at times previously. He missed a few throws and his accuracy wasn't there the way it had been.

All that said, Sanchez just knows how to make plays.

Example: At the end of this morning's practice, when they were running end-of-game situations and it was fouth-and-long on the last play of the game inside the 20-yard line, Sanchez used his legs to keep the play alive. He scrambled on fourth-and-5 and completed a nice touchdown pass to Brad Smith just behind the front left pylon.

Sanchez also connected with Smith on fourth-and-15, finding him in the middle of the end zone for another touchdown. He's liking the way things have gone for him of late.

"The first two weeks, my completion percentage was down," said Sanchez, who was was running with the first team today. "This week, it

Damn, not good to hear that Woody wont play.

I love what I'm hearing from Sanchez though, the guys just seems to be getting it. It will be a tough one against the Ravens though. He'll struggle badly IMO but I woudn't make too much of it, especially with the line he'll be playing behind.

Damn, not good to hear that Woody wont play.

I love what I'm hearing from Sanchez though, the guys just seems to be getting it. It will be a tough one against the Ravens though. He'll struggle badly IMO but I woudn't make too much of it, especially with the line he'll be playing behind.

I'm not so sure he will struggle badly.

Rex wants to win this game to show off his defense. Like Buddy, that is what he is all about.

He is going to ask Sanchez to manage the game, and let the Defense be ahead when the 1's leave the field. If Sanchez can do that it will be great for the Jets in general

Archived