New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Otter

The Yankees end their road trip in Fenway with three games against the Red Sox.

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park

(August 21, 22, 23)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Friday

7:10 YES

3171.jpg vs. 4115.jpg

LHP Andy Pettitte (9-6, 4.09) RHP Brad Penny (7-7, 5.22)

Saturday

4:10 FOX

4153.jpg vs. 30095.jpg

RHP A.J. Burnett (10-6, 3.69) RHP Junichi Tazawa (1-2, 5.40)

Sunday

8:05 ESPN

4553.jpg vs. 4242.jpg

LHP CC Sabathia (14-7, 3.58) RHP Josh Beckett (14-4, 3.38)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sawx are playing well

Sawx take 2 of 3

You know who is pitching Fri. & Sat. for Boston? Yanks will be well rested and they will take care of business. 2 of 3 the minimum, but I see a sweep, just like I saw last series. ;)

This will be a good test to see what the Red Sox really have. They're at home, but without the pitching match-ups in their favor for sure. Should be entertaining to say the least.

True. The matchups pitching wise aren't great for the Sox. But in Fenway that has a habit of not mattering more times than not.

The lead is pretty big though right now for the Yankees. I know the superstitious fans get mad at this but the Sox need to worry more about the Rangers than the Yankees right now. That is the crazy dynamic that the wild card introduced.

True. The matchups pitching wise aren't great for the Sox. But in Fenway that has a habit of not mattering more times than not.

The lead is pretty big though right now for the Yankees. I know the superstitious fans get mad at this but the Sox need to worry more about the Rangers than the Yankees right now. That is the crazy dynamic that the wild card introduced.

True, but usually the Sox do not have 4 guys hitting in the .250 neighnorhood or lower. :bag:

They way this season has played out, this weekend looks like a typical Sox/Yanks series from a decade ago. All things being what they are, the Yanks have the rotation set-up in their favor and should win 2 of 3.

Tonight's lineups. No surprises for the Yankees. Martinez catching for the Sox, Lowell at third, Papi DH.

YANKEES (76-45)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Swisher RF

Cabrera CF

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (9-6, 4.09).

RED SOX (69-51)

Ellsbury CF

Pedroia 2B

Martinez C

Youkilis 1B

Bay LF

Ortiz DH

Lowell 3B

Drew RF

Gonzalez SS

Pitching: RHP Brad Penny (7-7, 5.22).

I'm thinking that tonight we'll see a typical Red Sox-Yankees 4.5 hour long slugfest. Lots of pitches taken, hitters stepping out of the box and plenty of pitching changes. It'll come down to the bullpens.

First pitch is at 7:05 or something close to that. This game will go until at least 11:00 regardless of the score.

It doesn't help that Penny is pitching. I'm sure the Yankees will steal at least 5 bases tonight as he sucks, or doesn't even try, to keep runners from stealing.

Here's to a good game :cheers:

From Mark Feinsand's Twitter page...

Apparently, math isn't a big thing at Mississippi State. Papelbon on Yanks: "We're 8-4 against them this season. We beat them half the time"

Papelbon is on Comcast Sports Net's "Sports Tonight" show up here. He is the stereotypical southern hick. He probably has a confederate flag bumper sticker on his car.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

2-0 Yanks!

Penny and Smoltz = Theo's Cash for Klunkers!!!:rl:

Smoltz didn't pan out, but he was worth the chance. Penny is making 5 million. He hasn't been bad for the 5th starter he was supposed to be, but he's been forced to be relied on more than he should have been because of injuries.

Smoltz didn't pan out, but he was worth the chance. Penny is making 5 million. He hasn't been bad for the 5th starter he was supposed to be, but he's been forced to be relied on more than he should have been because of injuries.
Yeah that's some rotation you guys got... on the DL.

And we should be ashamed of the money we spent on pitching.:rl:

I think I asked you this during the last series, but do you the timetables for Dice and Wakefield? I remember him making a rehab start in Pawtucket, but that seems like a while ago.

Archived