New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Otter

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I asked you this during the last series, but do you the timetables for Dice and Wakefield? I remember him making a rehab start in Pawtucket, but that seems like a while ago.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (shoulder) is scheduled for a bullpen session Friday before embarking on a rehab assignment.

He will throw two or three innings on Monday in a Gulf Coast League game. Matsuzaka is scheduled to pitch for Double-A Portland on August 29 and Triple-A Pawtucket on September 3. Dice-K could return to the Red Sox on Sept. 8.

Tim Wakefield (calf) is set to make another rehab start for Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday.

If all goes well, he could be back in the starting rotation in place of Junichi Tazawa on Aug. 27. Sidelined since July 9, the 43-year-old is 11-3 with a 4.31 ERA and 1.38 WHIP this season.

Wanna see real depth, Carl?

Halladay

Marcum

Litsch

Tallet

Ricky Romero

Rzepczynski

Cecil

Robert Ray

David Purcey

Brad Mills

That's real depth. A team that can fill the holes despite injuries. Injuries happen, depth means that those injured starters are replaceable. The Sox can't replace their injured players. Therefore talks of their "depth" is, get ready for it, overrated.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (shoulder) is scheduled for a bullpen session Friday before embarking on a rehab assignment.

He will throw two or three innings on Monday in a Gulf Coast League game. Matsuzaka is scheduled to pitch for Double-A Portland on August 29 and Triple-A Pawtucket on September 3. Dice-K could return to the Red Sox on Sept. 8.

Tim Wakefield (calf) is set to make another rehab start for Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday.

If all goes well, he could be back in the starting rotation in place of Junichi Tazawa on Aug. 27. Sidelined since July 9, the 43-year-old is 11-3 with a 4.31 ERA and 1.38 WHIP this season.

Good, you're gonna need them for that wild card race.

Wanna see real depth, Carl?

Halladay

Marcum

Litsch

Tallet

Ricky Romero

Rzepczynski

Cecil

Robert Ray

David Purcey

Brad Mills

That's real depth. A team that can fill the holes despite injuries. Injuries happen, depth means that those injured starters are replaceable. The Sox can't replace their injured players. Therefore talks of their "depth" is, get ready for it, overrated.

I'm sorry. Isn't that a 4th place team? A team that just gave out 24 runs or so in the sweep to the Red Sox? Good try.

Who said he was the best #3 ever though? He was supposed to be the #5. Now he's forced to be the #3, which he definitely is not the best. he's probably the worst. Decent #5 though.

As an aside. Did you know Brad Penny has as many quality start as Joba? That's interesting.

Yeah, let's compare ages. :baby:

Who said he was the best #3 ever though? He was supposed to be the #5. Now he's forced to be the #3, which he definitely is not the best. he's probably the worst. Decent #5 though.

As an aside. Did you know Brad Penny has as many quality start as Joba? That's interesting.

joba: 3.98 ERA, 112 ERA+, 126.2 IP, 109 K, 23 GS, 1.461 WHIP. and he makes what, 400,000???

penny: 5.22 ERA, 91 ERA+, 127.2 IP, 85 K, 23 GS, 1.496 WHIP, 5 million a year

I know you LOVE instigating, but stop making yourself look retarded here, ok?

Archived