Sign in to follow this  
Otter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

I think I asked you this during the last series, but do you the timetables for Dice and Wakefield? I remember him making a rehab start in Pawtucket, but that seems like a while ago.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (shoulder) is scheduled for a bullpen session Friday before embarking on a rehab assignment.

He will throw two or three innings on Monday in a Gulf Coast League game. Matsuzaka is scheduled to pitch for Double-A Portland on August 29 and Triple-A Pawtucket on September 3. Dice-K could return to the Red Sox on Sept. 8.

Tim Wakefield (calf) is set to make another rehab start for Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday.

If all goes well, he could be back in the starting rotation in place of Junichi Tazawa on Aug. 27. Sidelined since July 9, the 43-year-old is 11-3 with a 4.31 ERA and 1.38 WHIP this season.

• Upvote 1

Wanna see real depth, Carl?

Halladay

Marcum

Litsch

Tallet

Ricky Romero

Rzepczynski

Cecil

Robert Ray

David Purcey

Brad Mills

That's real depth. A team that can fill the holes despite injuries. Injuries happen, depth means that those injured starters are replaceable. The Sox can't replace their injured players. Therefore talks of their "depth" is, get ready for it, overrated.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (shoulder) is scheduled for a bullpen session Friday before embarking on a rehab assignment.

He will throw two or three innings on Monday in a Gulf Coast League game. Matsuzaka is scheduled to pitch for Double-A Portland on August 29 and Triple-A Pawtucket on September 3. Dice-K could return to the Red Sox on Sept. 8.

Tim Wakefield (calf) is set to make another rehab start for Triple-A Pawtucket on Friday.

If all goes well, he could be back in the starting rotation in place of Junichi Tazawa on Aug. 27. Sidelined since July 9, the 43-year-old is 11-3 with a 4.31 ERA and 1.38 WHIP this season.

Good, you're gonna need them for that wild card race.

Wanna see real depth, Carl?

Halladay

Marcum

Litsch

Tallet

Ricky Romero

Rzepczynski

Cecil

Robert Ray

David Purcey

Brad Mills

That's real depth. A team that can fill the holes despite injuries. Injuries happen, depth means that those injured starters are replaceable. The Sox can't replace their injured players. Therefore talks of their "depth" is, get ready for it, overrated.

I'm sorry. Isn't that a 4th place team? A team that just gave out 24 runs or so in the sweep to the Red Sox? Good try.

It looks like it's time for Papi to make a phone call for the team.

Since the hired/family dealers have been busted.

RE-UP!!!

Edited by Jaded Green

I'm not too sure of what you're even talking about. When was Brad Penny ever supposed to be the #3 pitcher? Want to try and at least explain your comment?

he's their #3 right now and you're bragging about depth

Baseball package is forcing me to watch the NESN feed and they got those assheads Henry and Lucchino in the booth now. :puke2:

evil 1 and evil 2

Baseball package is forcing me to watch the NESN feed and they got those assheads Henry and Lucchino in the booth now. :puke2:

Is Henry complaining about Yankees signing Teixeira?

Is Henry complaining about Yankees signing Teixeira?

They were saying something about how they like to blow each other. I wasn't listening.

Who said he was the best #3 ever though? He was supposed to be the #5. Now he's forced to be the #3, which he definitely is not the best. he's probably the worst. Decent #5 though.

As an aside. Did you know Brad Penny has as many quality start as Joba? That's interesting.

Yeah, let's compare ages. :baby:

Is there a link/site where I can watch the game live for free? I hate following a stupid gamecast.

What was Pedroia thinking? Oh yeah, I did the same thing during a softball game earlier this year.

Is there a link/site where I can watch the game live for free? I hate following a stupid gamecast.

I think if you have Cablevision at home you can stream the games for free. I'm not sure of a link though.

Ok Yanks are kicking ass, off to watch Brett Favre stink up the joint.

He looks like **** so far.

Who said he was the best #3 ever though? He was supposed to be the #5. Now he's forced to be the #3, which he definitely is not the best. he's probably the worst. Decent #5 though.

As an aside. Did you know Brad Penny has as many quality start as Joba? That's interesting.

joba: 3.98 ERA, 112 ERA+, 126.2 IP, 109 K, 23 GS, 1.461 WHIP. and he makes what, 400,000???

penny: 5.22 ERA, 91 ERA+, 127.2 IP, 85 K, 23 GS, 1.496 WHIP, 5 million a year

I know you LOVE instigating, but stop making yourself look retarded here, ok?

Edited by Blackout

LOL

i know you think being the instigater of the group is "cute" and all, but even comparing Brad Penny to Joba Jesus Chamberlain is wrong. unless saying Brad Penny is a better judgement maker because he's not a drunk driver.

Matsui!!!!

Nice to see him hit that off Bowden who shut us down in May.

bowdens a lil bitch