Sign in to follow this  
Otter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Matsui is making hard for the Yankees not to re-sign him in the off-season. Great series for him.

:cheers:

Matsui is making hard for the Yankees not to re-sign him in the off-season. Great series for him.

:cheers:

I was thinking the same thing. All he does is come up clutch and produce from the DH spot. At this point I'm all for bringing back Damon and Hideki for at least next year.

I was thinking the same thing. All he does is come up clutch and produce from the DH spot. At this point I'm all for bringing back Damon and Hideki for at least next year.

I'm all for the Yankees bringing them back too.

:yawn:

They'll both be 36. Neither one is a good fielder. They're going to fall off sooner than later hitting. They'll have to pay each a decent amount of money. I say go for it. Sign them both!

I'm all for the Yankees bringing them back too.

In all seriousness, do you wear pants or a skirt?

In all seriousness, do you wear pants or a skirt?

Oh JonE. Someday you won't have to resort to acting 12 when the grown ups are trying to have real baseball discussion. Someday you'll show up on days Yankees lose. Someday.

They'll both be 36. Neither one is a good fielder. They're going to fall off sooner than later hitting. They'll have to pay each a decent amount of money. I say go for it. Sign them both!

They've shown NO signs of slowing down at the plate. Yanks should sign them to a one year deal each. Go get a LF in free agency and have a DH rotation of some sort next year with Damon, Posada, and Matsui DH'ing most of the time. If we let them go, we are losing a lot of offensive production in one offseason.

So Steve Phillips is saying that the Red Sox might trade Papelbon in the offseason? Why would the Red Sox trade a very good reliever, who's money in the playoffs, and replace him with Billy Wagner or a very young Daniel Bard?

They've shown NO signs of slowing down at the plate. Yanks should sign them to a one year deal each. Go get a LF in free agency and have a DH rotation of some sort next year with Damon, Posada, and Matsui DH'ing most of the time. If we let them go, we are losing a lot of offensive production in one offseason.

Damon is a product of the new Yankee stadium. Check his splits. Matsui you would be ok signing to a 1 year deal because he actually hits on the road better than he does in your new bandbox. He still can't play the field. Neither can Damon. It doesn't make baseball sense to bring both of them back.

They'll sign one and let the other walk.

So Steve Phillips is saying that the Red Sox might trade Papelbon in the offseason? Why would the Red Sox trade a very good reliever, who's money in the playoffs, and replace him with Billy Wagner or a very young Daniel Bard?

The only reason I can figure is that Papelbon doesn't want to sign a long term deal like Lester, Pedroia, Youks, etc have done and he is going to be looking for a big pay day soon. He has been happy to take one year deals year after year for whatever reason. He would bring in a solid haul in a trade though.

Damon is a product of the new Yankee stadium. Check his splits. Matsui you would be ok signing to a 1 year deal because he actually hits on the road better than he does in your new bandbox. He still can't play the field. Neither can Damon. It doesn't make baseball sense to bring both of them back.

Makes sense, good post.

BTW. Does Jon Miller ever shut the **** up? Ever?

The only reason I can figure is that Papelbon doesn't want to sign a long term deal like Lester, Pedroia, Youks, etc have done and he is going to be looking for a big pay day soon. He has been happy to take one year deals year after year for whatever reason. He would bring in a solid haul in a trade though.

I'm not sure that Red Sox should trust turning over the ninth inning to either Billy Wagner or Daniel Bard. Closers like Papelbon don't come around all the time.

Then sign Mauer the year after that! ;)

Although it would be one hell of a bidding war between the Sox and Yanks, I think depending on what Minnesota does between now and then, he has a pretty good chance of re-signing with the Twins.

I don't think Theo will get outbid for Mauer. Especially after missing out on Teixeira.

How funny is it to here a sawx fan talk about another stadium, when they play in the most gimmickiest building in all of sports.

Stadiums built on 1 block went out of style with Ebbet's field!

Although it would be one hell of a bidding war between the Sox and Yanks, I think depending on what Minnesota does between now and then, he has a pretty good chance of re-signing with the Twins.
Nobody can out bid the evil empire! :character0282:

K Zone does not like this umpire.

K-Zone doesn't call the strikes. ;) This ump has been calling the outside strike all night.