Maybin, Bills agree on 5 year deal via Adam Schefter

:Typotux:

Source: Maybin, Bills agree

ESPN.com news services

The Buffalo Bills and first-round pick Aaron Maybin have reached agreeement on a five-year deal, according to a team source, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports.

Maybin is expected to arrive at the Bills training facility in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Friday to sign the deal. He will not travel with the team to this weekend's preseason game at Green Bay.

Maybin, a defensive end from Penn State and the No. 11 pick overall in this year's draft, missed all of training camp. The Bills are counting on him to shore up a defense that tied for the fifth-fewest sacks in the NFL last season, with 24.

The agreement leaves two unsigned first-round picks: Offensive tackle Andre Smith, who was taken at No. 6 by the Cincinnati Bengals, and wide receiver Michael Crabtree, the No. 10 pick ofthe San Francisco 49ers.

I always thought Maybin was WAY overrated coming out of PSU. Still can't believe he was drated #11. He'll contribute nothing to the Bills this year. Much like Gholsten didn't last year.

Agreed. Maybin is the second coming of Gholston.

Maybin will be a very good player. Comparing him to VG isnt fair. VG sucks. He is a bust.

I see Maybin being a dangerous pass rusher ala Javon Kearse. Maybe even better.

I couldn't disagree more. Meet you back here in 2 years to discuss further. :biggrin:

Archived