Rotoworld's QB rating tiers (Clemens not so good)

Greenseed3

:Typotux:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=77&articleid=33477&pg=2

I know it is ff ratings, and neither of our quarterbacks are good bets given our lack of WRs and explicit desire to be a running team.

But it is pretty lame that after one preseason game, our player who is vying for the starting QB position is ranked in tier eight with "the best of the clear backups"

I think he's so low simply because it is widely accepted that Sanchez will win the starting job at sometime this season, meaning that having Clemens on your fantasy team is not a good idea considering he may not even play to start off the season.

Plus I think you are underestimating the point that these are fantasy ratings. I would have Ryan much higher if it was just based on QB skill. It even says that the conservative system will lower his stats, but he is a great QB nonetheless.

I also, if just talking pure skill, would have Garrard nowhere as high as he is.

Why would anyone that has any desire to win want Clemens or Sanchez on their fantasy team?

I can understand the want for Sanchez, especially following the amount of rookie success QB's had last year. With guys like Flacco and Ryan making an impact, however limited it may be, people will want these quarterbacks.

Getting someone with such large upside as a free-agent, or even a very late round draft pick has value.

Add to that the fact that Ryan came from Baltimore, where Flacco started, and people see upside. Even knowing this will be a run-first offense, if Sanchez comes in and shines, it would be hard to keep the ball out of his hands and keep with the run.

I can understand the want for Sanchez, especially following the amount of rookie success QB's had last year. With guys like Flacco and Ryan making an impact, however limited it may be, people will want these quarterbacks.

Getting someone with such large upside as a free-agent, or even a very late round draft pick has value.

Add to that the fact that Ryan came from Baltimore, where Flacco started, and people see upside. Even knowing this will be a run-first offense, if Sanchez comes in and shines, it would be hard to keep the ball out of his hands and keep with the run.

I don't think anyone that started Joe Flacco on their fantasy team made the playoffs, unless they also happened to draft Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Tony Gonzalez, and Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't think anyone that started Joe Flacco on their fantasy team made the playoffs, unless they also happened to draft Michael Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Tony Gonzalez, and Larry Fitzgerald.

Well maybe not Flacco, but I think the trend is success with rookie QB's. Plus, it's not like they were ranked very highly, just recognizing that there is a chance for success.

Archived