qb play tonight...

TNJet

Just a question and i'm open for all opinions. What if Clemens plays much better than does Sanchez tonight? Does Rex hold off on naming Mark the starter? Also will both Clemens and Sanchez see time with some #1's? Or only Clemens with 2s?

What if Clemens plays much better than does Sanchez tonight? Does Rex hold off on naming Mark the starter?

This would be a very disappointing development but, yes, I'm sure he'd hold off on naming a starter.

Also will both Clemens and Sanchez see time with some #1's? Or only Clemens with 2s?

I expect them both to get time with the ones. At the very least, the starting OL should still be in for Kellen. I don't think the coaches would strip him of both Keller and Cotch, either. At least one of them should be in there. Sanchez might get Clowney while Clemens gets Stuckey, maybe Greene comes in for TJ, but there should be no serious handicap.

The bigger question is whether Kellen will be playing against the Raven's ones.

I expect Sanchez to be absolutely destroyed tonight. Seriously, I love the guy but I fear the worst tonight. I can't understand the logic which involves putting a Rookie QB with 16 college starts behind a decimated offensive line against the starting Baltimore Ravens defense.

I'm very concerned about how tonight will play out, right now I just hope the kid stays healthy.

As a former believer in Clemens, the time for Sanchez is now. Any tie in the competition goes to Sanchez, and hate to say it but Sanchez is head and shoulders above Clemens...forget the jargon and "well its an even race", Clemens hasn't done anything thus far to prove he deserves this job. IMO Ryan is saying that its an open competition but its all but over after last week. I'm a firm believer in keeping a rookie on the bench and not throw him in the fire, but the only chance Clemens is starting is if Sanchez injured (knocking on wood he stays healthy)

I expect Sanchez to be absolutely destroyed tonight. Seriously, I love the guy but I fear the worst tonight. I can't understand the logic which involves putting a Rookie QB with 16 college starts behind a decimated offensive line against the starting Baltimore Ravens defense.

I'm very concerned about how tonight will play out, right now I just hope the kid stays healthy.

Got to disagree with you Irish.

It is very unfortunate that the OL is banged up for Sanchez, but the regular season starts Sept 13th OL or not. The first 5 games of the year are going to be critical for the season. They have to find out now if Sanchez is ready to play under pressure. His inexperience is what makes this game a must play for him.. Even under these conditions.

Much like the regular season, I don

Huh ? Like you'd know. :roll:

What are you talking about? TNJet has started about eighteen Kellen Clemens threads, Clemens hasn't made any progress whatsoever. It is clear that Mark Sanchez should be the starter, even some of the Jets players are saying that.

Just a question and i'm open for all opinions. What if Clemens plays much better than does Sanchez tonight? Does Rex hold off on naming Mark the starter? Also will both Clemens and Sanchez see time with some #1's? Or only Clemens with 2s?

I would think so TNJ. He's certainly under no pressure to name a starter after tonite. Clemens 11 picks in TC certainly isn't helping his cause. Reminds me of his TC battles with Penny. Clemens never could rise up and grab the lead. Most disappointing.

Archived