Seems like everyone has nothing but negatives....Any positives??

JonEJet

Shotty is still pretty hard to figure with his play call but we better get used to that as I don't know if that every gets any better till he's sheetcanned. Hey - we played one of the top 5 defenses in football and damn near beat them. Guys throw picks - HOF guys throw picks, Pro-bowlers throw picks, vets and rooks throw picks and 3rd stringers throw picks. We'll do better than a lot of folks are predicting this year. 8+ wins.

Seems like everyone has nothing but negatives....Any positives??

Hmmm.....The Jets season will be officially over in about 18 weeks.

:cheers:

.....or two weeks depending on how you want to look at it, or not look at it, whatever the case may be.

One huge positive everyone is overlooking....Rex Ryan's postgame press conference!

The man has swagger. Dispite his team being totally embarrassed on national TV, he came out with the pride and confidence that one would normally expect only from a superbowl winning coach.

This man oozes swagger. And that counts for a lot.

Baltimore may have won the game, but Harbaugh's post-game presser can't hold a candle to Ryan's. The Jets defininetly won the prize for best post-game pressers.

Hmmm.....The Jets season will be officially over in about 18 weeks.

:cheers:

.....or two weeks depending on how you want to look at it, or not look at it, whatever the case may be.

DOUCHE-

One huge positive everyone is overlooking....Rex Ryan's postgame press conference!

The man has swagger. Dispite his team being totally embarrassed on national TV, he came out with the pride and confidence that one would normally expect only from a superbowl winning coach.

Baltimore may have won the game, but Harbaugh's post-game presser can't hold a candle to Ryan's. The Jets defininetly won the prize for best post-game pressers.

BAGS

EFF U

I don't think he ran the 40 at the combine, I have to look it up but I think his 40 time was around a 4.8 or 4.9 in college.

The fastest time I seen was a 4.78, if VG tried he could have caught him.

I ****ing hate VG and the FO for drafting him. I wanted nothing to do with the **** and now I really don't.

I loved the way our D looked against a very good O-line with a great center

with no Kris Jenkins.

Throw in the big fella in there and I like what I see. For the first time in years I was on the edge of my seat looking at the D. Some crazy looks in there and I overall was very pleased with that.

Our run game seems like it will continue were it left off. Throwing in Washington more I think is going to help us get even better in that aspect.

Our ST looked pretty good as well, Leon will keep doing his thing.

I liked how Sanchez responded with the touchdown to Washington. He put points on the board when being behind 14-0

I liked the way we ran the ball for the most part, was happy to see Leon be successful in the running game.

Kellen responded after his interception too, was also nice to see him put 7 on the board.

Jenkins being out is a HUGE difference to our defense (which I'm sure we would all agree with), but I did like the way we pressured the QB. Our defense is going to be exciting to watch this season.

David Harris is going to have a breakout season, he is all over the place.

Lito made a great play for a smaller corner on the fade route that was broken up in the endzone.

Special Teams gave the offense good field position, no shocker there. Leon is great at what he does.

Clowney continues to be Mr. August, but it is great to see and makes it very exciting to see what he will bring to the WR group this season.

There were some negatives of course, just trying to take the positives out of it. Some negatives that stand out;

Sanchez's slow start, but I think that has more to do with the expectations of his play after the Ram's game.

The turnovers.

Brad Smith not stepping up and grabbing a role in this WR group.

Our secondary giving up big plays and letting Flacco pick it apart.

Obviously no QB seperating themselves.

I'm going to go with not being able to punch it in on the two point conversion late to win the game.

I would have liked to seen a lot more of Keller, with the WR group as is he will play a major role in the success of our passing game.

ALL in ALL wins and losses dont matter in the pre season, but you would like to take some positives out of each game which I think we can. I would like to see the first team put a whipping on the Giants Saturday when most of the 1st team guys are set to go a whole half.

i realize i am in the minority here but Clemens looked better than Sanchez. He looked like the pro and Sanches looked liked the rook. both had rocky starts (not sure if Clemens was hit as he threw although should have held the ball) but the only Sanchez drive was leon, Leon leon and more Leon and finished off wish LW catching a pas that should have been thrown a half second earlier. Clemen should have held his first throw but after that looked solid. I just want the QB who gives us the best chance to win this year and still believe it is Clemens. Sanchez is the future but for now Clemens should start and hopefully build up some value for trade.

Unless it was predecided, Clemens should starts next week and let Sanches watch and learn. LW deserves all he can get.

Gholston needs a kick in the butt followed by a second and third. But D looked solid.

Allison looked like a receiver but can he catch like one?? Clowney is earning a startin spot and Smith looked like cow dung.

Like Gruden said, that was the best thing that could have happened to Sanchez. He got beat up, made mistakes, never got down on himself and came back with that TD drive. He will learn a lot more from this game than the Rams game where everything went well on the one drive he was in the game. I think this kid is going to be really good.

Leon Washington. What can you say. As good as he was last year, if they just give the guy the ball some more, he will be worth whatever it takes to get him signed. Make it happen, Mr. T!

David Harris. Not only is this guy going to be a beast in this defense next to Scott and behind Jenkins, I predict he will lead the Jets in sacks this year. He showed that ability when he started the second half of his rookie year. Then last year, when he wasn't hurt, Mangini had him chasing TEs and dropping in to zone coverage. This guy should always be around the LOS.

David Clowney. I know all he does is score long TDs against UPS drivers. :rolleyes: But he beats whoever he plays against. How about seeing what he can do with the first team against first teamers? I am still waiting for him to drop a pass like it has been reported that he has "bad" hands.

Calvin Pace. This guy is under-rated. He was not used properly in the second half of last year. He will thrive in this defense. Unfortunately, he will be sorely missed in the first 4 games.

James Wasserman. This is a football player. And a steal. He may make up for the bust that Gholston is, but although he is cheap, he would have to pay the Jets a lot of money to make up for Gholston's contract.

Marquiss Cole. This guy has reportedly been great all TC. He did get beat on that one long pass, but the pick was nice and he looks good. Fast. I think he is the 3rd best CB on the team and I hope he makes the roster.

i realize i am in the minority here but Clemens looked better than Sanchez. He looked like the pro and Sanches looked liked the rook. both had rocky starts (not sure if Clemens was hit as he threw although should have held the ball) but the only Sanchez drive was leon, Leon leon and more Leon and finished off wish LW catching a pas that should have been thrown a half second earlier. Clemen should have held his first throw but after that looked solid. I just want the QB who gives us the best chance to win this year and still believe it is Clemens. Sanchez is the future but for now Clemens should start and hopefully build up some value for trade.

Unless it was predecided, Clemens should starts next week and let Sanches watch and learn. LW deserves all he can get.

Gholston needs a kick in the butt followed by a second and third. But D looked solid.

Allison looked like a receiver but can he catch like one?? Clowney is earning a startin spot and Smith looked like cow dung.

Keep in mind Clemens' good plays were mostly against 2nd teamers. Sanchez had to face Lewis and Reed.

Few thoughts....

Gruden made a point early in the game that the Jets were going with alot of "Check with me", letting Sanchez look over the defense and make the call at the line. If that is what they were actually doing then I think this QB competition is pretty much over and that the Jets are going to go with Sanchez. Seems to me like they were giving him alot against a great defense to see how far along he really is.

The defense, once Pace comes back from his dumb@ss suspension and Revis getting some playing time is going to be real good by the end of the season. They will probably struggle early with assignments in this defense but if they stay healthy, by the end of the year they could be really good.

I have just about given up hope on Gholston. There just isn't anything there.

Few thoughts....

Gruden made a point early in the game that the Jets were going with alot of "Check with me", letting Sanchez look over the defense and make the call at the line. If that is what they were actually doing then I think this QB competition is pretty much over and that the Jets are going to go with Sanchez. Seems to me like they were giving him alot against a great defense to see how far along he really is.

The defense, once Pace comes back from his dumb@ss suspension and Revis getting some playing time is going to be real good by the end of the season. They will probably struggle early with assignments in this defense but if they stay healthy, by the end of the year they could be really good.

I have just about given up hope on Gholston. There just isn't anything there.

I saw the same thing. it was an audition. complaining about the playcalling last night is just silly.

in a real game I think they would have been happy to pound the rock and get the ball to keller

Archived