Sign in to follow this  
Otter

Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Stop being unrealistic

Still up 1

The Sox have alot of home games left.

Hairston looked safe at the end.

The Yankee organization is committed to making Joba a starter. I was never a big fan of the idea, since he was a dominant reliever who had the makeup of being the future closer after Mo retires.

At times this year he shown flashes of potential, but it has been mingled with some downright putrid performances. All of which is part of the learning process. Remember that this kid threw less than 80 innings as a starter in the minors. He is taking his knocks at the major league level.

The starter experiment will continue. I've read that this is the last year of pitch and inning counts for him. Frankly, I think the Yankees are babying him too much.

Makes sense to me (wasn't so hard was it other Yanks fans?). I think if the Sox were up 6 games and Joba threw the game he did tonight, he'd be under the microscope a little bit more. I think he's lucky the Yanks have the lead they do.

What's the plan for him in the playoffs?

For asking an honest question that no one has answered yet? I don't get it.

You won't because they're senseless. And Skankee fans wonder why the rest of the league looks at them as a bunch of arrogant pricks. I laugh at how all of them ran away from the baseball forum last year like a bunch of scalded dogs. when the Skanks went down the tubes. Nothing but fair weather fans. :biggrin:

Makes sense to me (wasn't so hard was it other Yanks fans?). I think if the Sox were up 6 games and Joba threw the game he did tonight, he'd be under the microscope a little bit more. I think he's lucky the Yanks have the lead they do.

I think the plan is for him to be the 4th starter. I think that's why their giving him all this time off between starts, which is probably to his detriment.

However, if in that first round series the Yankees go into game 4 down 2-1, there's no way he's pitching that game.

You two should get a room.

And your Yankees should get another SP to replace Joka. :biggrin:

I think the plan is for him to be the 4th starter. I think that's why their giving him all this time off between starts, which is probably to his detriment.

However, if in that first round series the Yankees go into game 4 down 2-1, there's no way he's pitching that game.

You're probably right Otter but that's gonna come back to bite them. He's been getting lit up like a Roman candle lately. I noticed they manuvered his starts so he avoided the Red Sox last weekend. I agree he's hot pitching if the Yanks are down 2 games to 1. Who starts then ?

You're probably right Otter but that's gonna come back to bite them. He's been getting lit up like a Roman candle lately. I noticed they manuvered his starts so he avoided the Red Sox last weekend. I agree he's hot pitching if the Yanks are down 2 games to 1. Who starts then ?

CC will start that game. He's their horse.

Joba's been inconsistent all season, but he has been better since the break. He's got good stuff he just needs to learn how get ahead of batter's and put them away. He throws way too many pitches. He'll start off a batter 1-2 and then start nibbling the corners next thing you know he's 3-2.

CC will start that game. He's their horse.

Joba's been inconsistent all season, but he has been better since the break. He's got good stuff he just needs to learn how get ahead of batter's and put them away. He throws way too many pitches. He'll start off a batter 1-2 and then start nibbling the corners next thing you know he's 3-2.

I've seen LOTS of pitchers doing that this year and it's aggrivating. KRod does it a lot for the Mets. He walks at least oneb guy every outing. I guess it beats being ahead 0-2 then giving up a crushing homer like they did to Jason Bay tonite. :biggrin:

You won't because they're senseless. And Skankee fans wonder why the rest of the league looks at them as a bunch of arrogant pricks. I laugh at how all of them ran away from the baseball forum last year like a bunch of scalded dogs. when the Skanks went down the tubes. Nothing but fair weather fans. :biggrin:

Hypocrisy at its finest. You call us a bunch of arrogant pricks yet refer to us as Skankee fans -- in the same damn sentence. Who looks arrogant there? Speaking of fair weather fans, I have been posting about the Yankees since they sucked in April, and probably haven't missed a series thread, even if they were getting their asses handed to them by the Red Sox. Meanwhile, I haven't seen you post nearly as much since the Yankees started beating up on Boston -- especially in the Yankees - Sox series threads. Think before you type, Thai.

Edited by PS17

If you ignore the red sock trolls they will go away. Don't respond to their low class insults and baiting. They'll eventually tire themselves out go get drunk, beat their wives and spend the night in jail. You knowBoston's second favorite sport behind football.

I never wanted Joba to come out of the bullpen, and the sooner he goes back the better!

I'd much rather see Hughes in his spot!

Is this a serious statement? Yeah. Let's pull the plug on a guy battling his way back from cancer and chemotherapy treatments and getting his strength back.

The two situations could not be further apart.

Joba is a very successful set up guy and I imagine would be a closer. As a starter he hasn't been as effective. When do you say when? No one has answered the question.

Joba was great as a reliever, but if that is so difficult then why is Hughes doing the same thing this year? Pitching the eighth might not be that hard. These guys are young and with a little luck can be anchoring the top of the rotation. Even without luck they'll probably end up with one solid starter our of it.

I think that you are right about "the microscope", but that's the problem of the press and the fans. The team shouldn't bow to that pressure. They could and they certainly might, but if they do, that's a bad sign.

As for the playoffs, I thought he had been pitching fairly well, but it's no shock he'd get lit up after 10 days off. I think you cross that bridge when you get to it. Go with the hot hand(s).

If you ignore the red sock trolls they will go away. Don't respond to their low class insults and baiting. They'll eventually tire themselves out go get drunk, beat their wives and spend the night in jail. You knowBoston's second favorite sport behind football.

I think that is a Mets troll.

OK stat boy, how many then?

Higher than 2. It is not my job to clean up your messes. Fix your own mistake.

I know of 2 this month, and when they got swept by the Red Sox, they certainly lost that opener.

Common sense tells me you are wrong

Higher than 2. It is not my job to clean up your messes. Fix your own mistake.

I know of 2 this month, and when they got swept by the Red Sox, they certainly lost that opener.

Common sense tells me you are wrong

So you know of 3 then, congratulations you got me! How will I live with the shame?

Hey muts fans are definitely better at keeping track of things, injuries, chokes, press conferences, etc.

So you know of 3 then, congratulations you got me! How will I live with the shame?

Hey muts fans are definitely better at keeping track of things, injuries, chokes, press conferences, etc.

That is just 3 that I know of.

You were WRONG. Admit your mistakes, be a man and move on without the name calling and insults that seem to be the signature of any discussion when you are backed into teh corner.

I can't imagine what you were banned for here before.

You were WRONG. Admit your mistakes, be a man and move on without the name calling and insults that seem to be the signature of any discussion when you are backed into teh corner.

I admitted I was wrong, and I called you nothing.

Drama anyone?

Sabathia, Melky, and Hairston are doing a meet 'n greet in the Great Hall today at 4 before the game. I'll try to get pix with them and post.

Hypocrisy at its finest. You call us a bunch of arrogant pricks yet refer to us as Skankee fans -- in the same damn sentence. Who looks arrogant there?

I actually agree with you, somewhat.

Calling them the Skankees or the Red Sux or the cute little nicknames that many posters like to use for the players diminishes any value on the conversation. It's childish.

He can't because he isn't. Shocking that he was banned. :biggrin:

Hypocrisy at its finest. You call us a bunch of arrogant pricks yet refer to us as Skankee fans -- in the same damn sentence. Who looks arrogant there? Speaking of fair weather fans, I have been posting about the Yankees since they sucked in April, and probably haven't missed a series thread, even if they were getting their asses handed to them by the Red Sox. .

Not talking about you kid. You weren't here last year . ;)

Not talking about you kid. You weren't here last year . ;)

Why don't you guys start a Red Sock game thread and follow your own team's games.

He can't because he isn't. Shocking that he was banned. :biggrin:
Do you ever take your head out of you ass?

Mr. Jet, Met, Sox, Lakers fan.

I basically asked Max to ban me last time, but you're ignoring me so you should not care anyway. :rolleyes:

Sabathia, Melky, and Hairston are doing a meet 'n greet in the Great Hall today at 4 before the game. I'll try to get pix with them and post.

Make sure you use a wide lens for the CC picture.

Tonight's lineup. Damon out, Hariston in left.

YANKEES (78-47)

Jeter SS

Swisher RF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Hairston LF

Melky CF

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (10-6, 4.25).

RANGERS (70-54)

Lineup TBA

Pitching: LHP Derek Holland (7-7, 4.72).

See this is why i only lurk in these threads because i will get banned in no time with all this name calling and bad mouthing going on..lol can we all just get along even if you roo tfor the stupidest team in baseball i.e. Red Sox :D

Nice hit jorge nice play Jeter... Now let's get to this bullpen I'm tried of watching Holland pitch he kinda has the face of a rat..... Arod is an ass