Where Are We All Gonna Post Now?

SoFlaJets

Guys I just posted in this thread, this site was not sold. Please don't go anywhere, nothing is changing here regardless of what happens with the jetsnation.com domain name.

We are JetNation.com and we leave off the S for Savings.

hey Thor remember when one day in 2000 we all went to our computers only to find our Jets Rivals board was gone? This is starting to feel like deja vu all over again.

Yeah, no warning whatsoever. Most of those guys ended up at Matt's Greenhouse or what became Jets Addicts.

Yeah, no warning whatsoever. Most of those guys ended up at Matt's Greenhouse or what became Jets Addicts.

yea the weird thing was Matt started that site like a week before it happened-good timing and a good board too-I kind of liked that format too. Does Jets addicts still use the same one where you can see who is responding to who? I can't find that board anymore.

yea the weird thing was Matt started that site like a week before it happened-good timing and a good board too-I kind of liked that format too. Does Jets addicts still use the same one where you can see who is responding to who? I can't find that board anymore.

I have no idea. Lefty Larry drove me nuts, I liked that place otherwise.

So are Lexis and Lexus, but they still sued.

I think it would be an expensive protracted battle that you may not win.

It sucks that they werent original enough to come up with a name thats original. I think that I would ask them to change it in writing and email. If that didnt work, I'd go nuke on them and hire Tex to blow the new board up.

http://www.bitlaw.com/internet/domain.html

The more general portion of the statute protects companies against persons who, in bad faith, register a domain name that is the same or confusingly similar to an existing trademark. The statute the lists the following factors as elements that a court can consider to determine whether the domain name was registered in bad faith.

• Does the domain name holder have trademark rights in the domain name?
  • Is the domain name the legal name of the domain name holder, or some other name that is otherwise commonly used to identify that person?
  • Has the domain name holder made use (prior to the dispute) of the domain name in connection with a bona fide sale of goods or services?
  • Is the domain name holder using the mark in a bona fide noncommercial or fair use way at a web site accessible at the domain name?
  • Is the domain name holder attempting to divert consumers from the trademark owner's web site in a confusing way, either for commercial gain or in an attempt to tarnish or disparage the trademark mark?
  • Has the domain name holder offered to sell the domain name to the trademark owner (or anyone else) for financial gain without having any intent to use the mark with the sale of goods or services?
  • Has the domain name holder behaved in a pattern of registering and selling domain names without intending to use them in connection with the sale of goods or services?
  • Did the domain name holder provide false information when applying for the registration of the domain name (or do so in connection with other domain names)?
  • Has the domain name holder registered domain names of other parties trademarks?; and
  • How distinctive and famous is the trademark owner's trademark?

It sucks that they werent original enough to come up with a name thats original. I think that I would ask them to change it in writing and email. If that didnt work, I'd go nuke on them and hire Tex to blow the new board up.

The more general portion of the statute protects companies against persons who, in bad faith, register a domain name that is the same or confusingly similar to an existing trademark. The statute the lists the following factors as elements that a court can consider to determine whether the domain name was registered in bad faith.

• Is the domain name the legal name of the domain name holder, or some other name that is otherwise commonly used to identify that person?
  • Has the domain name holder made use (prior to the dispute) of the domain name in connection with a bona fide sale of goods or services?
  • Is the domain name holder using the mark in a bona fide noncommercial or fair use way at a web site accessible at the domain name?
  • Is the domain name holder attempting to divert consumers from the trademark owner's web site in a confusing way, either for commercial gain or in an attempt to tarnish or disparage the trademark mark?
  • Has the domain name holder offered to sell the domain name to the trademark owner (or anyone else) for financial gain without having any intent to use the mark with the sale of goods or services?
  • Has the domain name holder behaved in a pattern of registering and selling domain names without intending to use them in connection with the sale of goods or services?
  • Did the domain name holder provide false information when applying for the registration of the domain name (or do so in connection with other domain names)?
  • Has the domain name holder registered domain names of other parties trademarks?; and

Of course. OTOH, aren't 99% of the threads here started as "extended protracted battles that you may not win"?

I would say if this site was clearly up before the tv show went on air and they put a message board on that new site then max has a very good case against them. Heck, I would think SNY would probaby settle at that point because if max won that case, the next case would be going after the tv show itself for their name.

This is great news.

I'm sure my good friend Bob will now let me post in the football forum. :cheers:

Of course I will. Max said it a hundred times before he sold out - TX is messageboard GOLD.

It's like the clown on the dunking booth. Gotta piss people off and make them spend those quarters.

Archived