RIP Ted

Gainzo

Edward M. Kennedy passed away tonight. He will always have a place in my heart for the work he did getting federal funds for Lowell and all the other work he did for the Commonwealth.

Love him or hate him, he always put Massachusetts first.

RIP, wherever you are :confused:

The End of Camelot

You have to give him cred, he knew how to work the Senate:

A 2009 survey by The Hill, a Capitol Hill publication, found that Senate Republicans believed Kennedy was the chamber's easiest Democrat to work with and most bipartisan.

Republican Senator John McCain called Kennedy "the single most effective member of the Senate if you want to get results."

I was never a big fan of the man - but he did a lot for Massachusetts and for that I thank him.

That said, however, I find it classless that people think this a great opportunity to mention his shady past. Bust on him when he's alive - not when he's dead. If you have nothing but bad things to say about someone who passed, say nothing. I'm sure Ted Kennedy has some explaining to do if this afterlife/heaven or hell thing is for real.

I was never a big fan of the man - but he did a lot for Massachusetts and for that I thank him.

That said, however, I find it classless that people think this a great opportunity to mention his shady past. Bust on him when he's alive - not when he's dead. If you have nothing but bad things to say about someone who passed, say nothing. I'm sure Ted Kennedy has some explaining to do if this afterlife/heaven or hell thing is for real.

Well said, regardless where you stand politically.

R.I.P.

Garb, go get laid. enough with the holier-than-thou crap. The guy was a deadbeat. I'm not perfect, no one is. Call me classless if you like, I could care less.

Garb, go get laid. enough with the holier-than-thou crap. The guy was a deadbeat. I'm not perfect, no one is. Call me classless if you like, I could care less.

I'm just stating my opinion - I find it classsless. Which obviously tweaked you enough that you had to respond. Therefore you could care less.

I never liked the guy.

I disagreed with his politics.

I never understood the fascination the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts had with him. Now we can finally move on.

If there is a heaven and hell, I know where he ended up.

A Kennedy has held that U.S. Senate seat for 55 of the last 57 years. The only reason there was a 2 year gap was because Ted was too young to be appointed when Jack was elected President in 1960.

I'm just stating my opinion - I find it classsless. Which obviously tweaked you enough that you had to respond. Therefore you could care less.

so was the douche able to reverse his own change of the law into allowing the Governor to pick the replacement Senator?

sad day for me...one of the most profound times of my life was as an 8 year old boy having to go through the JFK assination-I'll never forget so many things about that day, where I was what Mrs. larson did-running and crying down the hall, who I played with that day-what we talked about. Rest in peace Teddy and say hi to Jack and Bobby for us

so was the douche able to reverse his own change of the law into allowing the Governor to pick the replacement Senator?

...I assume he wanted to wait 'till a democrat was in office to have that happen. :) I think he's been too sick to pursue it though. The on-going debate 'round here (since last week) was whether there should be an election, should doofus Deval Patrick appoint someone or should the seat be vacant 'till the next scheduled election.

...I assume he wanted to wait 'till a democrat was in office to have that happen. :) I think he's been too sick to pursue it though. The on-going debate 'round here (since last week) was whether there should be an election, should doofus Deval Patrick appoint someone or should the seat be vacant 'till the next scheduled election.

your state's laws mandate a special election G-no appointments anymore-the Romney rule

Archived