Mark Sanchez to be named starter: MERGED

CrazyCarl40

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9987476/Jets-to-name-Sanchez-winner-in-QB-battle

The future is now in New York.

The Jets have seen enough of rookie Mark Sanchez and Kellen Clemens to determine a starter.

Coach Rex Ryan has informed the QBs this morning that Sanchez will be the starter, FOXSports.com has learned.

Despite a rough start against the Ravens in his last preseason game, Sanchez never lost his cool and battled back. The team has been impressed with his command of the huddle and the offense. Sources say the team has been impressed with how much he has not looked like a rookie.

Drafted out of USC, Sanchez has gone 6-of-12 in two preseason games, with one touchdown pass and one interception.

Clemens, in his fourth season, is 9-of-14 for 84 yards in the preseason. He also has one score and one pick.

A former Ravens coordinator, Ryan took over as coach in the offseason after the departure of Eric Mangini.

Hmmmm.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree....no need to discuss, I have talked about why I disagree at length.

That said, lets bring it Mark. As I said in the game thread right before you threw your first pick 6. I believe. You've said and done all the right things since the draft. Granted I didnt want you, but you have made me believe. Now step it up and take charge of your team.

This will set the franchise back about five years.

He's not ready. And I don't think he's mentally tough enough to overcome what's going to happen to him from opening day forward.

I guess we'll see what happens. I think this will be disastrous.

He's not ready. And I don't think he's mentally tough enough to overcome what's going to happen to him from opening day forward.

You his shrink? How can you possibly know this?

I agree, but we have to be supportive of the kid. I know for one, that I am not going to be one of those fans screaming for Kellen when we start 0-4. And I wont be telling anyone I told you so when the Qb controversy begins. That said, I will stay optimistic and not be one of these Jets fans that dismiss him for a couple of bad games. I know its a process and will hold off judgment till I have a reasonable amount of time to make a solid assessment.

Lets go Mark!

Mort reported as well...done deal

thank gawd

u aint kidding..this was a no brainer from the day they moved up in draft..thank god we have a football coach who sees the long range goals and isnt willing to mortgage long range goals for a maybe 8/9 win season, then start over with The Kid in 2010..Get it over with now..

Kudos to Rex for cutting to the chase and willing to take the hits this year and maybe see 2010 as a breakout year..

Plus Mort said today that Jets will be smashmouth with heavy tilt towards running, so that is perfect for a young QB.

You his shrink? How can you possibly know this?

Because he has never had to deal with any football related adversity.

All he's ever done is win. In high school. In college.

And now, we are throwing him to the wolves from day one, and for the first time, the team around him isn't twice as talented as the opposing defense. In fact, our receivers are comparable to Southern Cal's.

How well is laid-back California kid Mark Sanchez, who, as far as I know, has lost one game in his entire life, going to handle the pressure of New York after a likely 0-4 start?

It's a recipe for disaster.

I agree, but we have to be supportive of the kid. I know for one, that I am not going to be one of those fans screaming for Kellen when we start 0-4. And I wont be telling anyone I told you so when the Qb controversy begins. That said, I will stay optimistic and not be one of these Jets fans that dismiss him for a couple of bad games. I know its a process and will hold off judgment till I have a reasonable amount of time to make a solid assessment.

Lets go Mark!

This is ridiculous. Not one player can set the franchise back 5 years. The Jets have a good core group of players. This isnt Alex Smith in SF or David Carr on an expansion team.

Sanchez is going to be handing the ball off to Jones and Washington. The defense will be asked to make plays.

You SEC guys hate USC, I get it, but the bias is extremely transparent.

Because he has never had to deal with any football related adversity.

All he's ever done is win. In high school. In college.

And now, we are throwing him to the wolves from day one, and for the first time, the team around him isn't twice as talented as the opposing defense. In fact, our receivers are comparable to Southern Cal's.

How well is laid-back California kid Mark Sanchez, who, as far as I know, has lost one game in his entire life, going to handle the pressure of New York after a likely 0-4 start?

It's a recipe for disaster.

Now were dissing him because all he's ever done is win?

I guess we should draft losing players.

This is ridiculous. Not one player can set the franchise back 5 years. The Jets have a good core group of players. This isnt Alex Smith in SF or David Carr on an expansion team.

Sanchez is going to be handing the ball off to Jones and Washington. The defense will be asked to make plays.

Is that the only ****ing argument you have against me?

That I'm an SEC homer? And that's the reason why I'm not sucking Mark Sanchez's dick like he has vanilla flavored semen? It couldn't possibly be because he's incredibly inexperienced, could it? To the point where his ****ing college coach told the entire world that he wasn't ready?

And you never responded to my post in the game thread the other night. If my opinions are based off of SEC ballwashing and blind USC hatred, then why is Rey Mualuga my pick for Defensive Rookie of the Year and why did I bash Stafford pre-draft just as much as Sanchez?

If only there had been a losing SEC quarterback on the market this offseason.

Lets go Mark!

:rl:

who cares if he is 0-4 and fans cry,,tuf shiit..you move on and are SMART enough to know 2009 is a learning year and hope for the best and hopefully see improvement over course of season. What extra 'veteran stuff' clemens brought wasnt that much more 'we may make Super Bowl' material to risk using 2009 as Sanchezs learning year.

fans were calling for peytons head when he was 1-15..

we will call for his head if he sucks in 2009 AND 2010..

I'm not "dissing" him. I'm concerned about how he'll handle adversity, because he's never faced it.

But, he will. And a ****load. Starting in 3 weeks.

Is that the only ****ing argument you have against me?

That I'm an SEC homer? And that's the reason why I'm not sucking Mark Sanchez's dick like he has vanilla flavored semen? It couldn't possibly be because he's incredibly inexperienced, could it? To the point where his ****ing college coach told the entire world that he wasn't ready?

And you never responded to my post in the game thread the other night. If my opinions are based off of SEC ballwashing and blind USC hatred, then why is Rey Mualuga my pick for Defensive Rookie of the Year and why did I bash Stafford pre-draft just as much as Sanchez?

You are a complete SEC homer. The conference isnt that great as you make it out to be. The conference produces just as many busts as everyone else.

Where am I sucking Sanches dick? You have hated him from day 1...refuse to give him a chance. Its ridiculous. If the kid was from LSU you'd be loving every second of it because he faced "tough defenses in college."

Give the kid a freakin chance.

Why do you think Stafford will suck? I actually think he'll be pretty good.

The SEC folks love their conference, I have no problem with that. But when you're a college fan first over the NFL its extremely difficult not to have bias regarding players outside if the conference.

I'm not "dissing" him. I'm concerned about how he'll handle adversity, because he's never faced it.

But, he will. And a ****load. Starting in 3 weeks.

Uh, dont you learn to face adversity by actually doing it????? :confused:

Thats what 2009 is for , to teach the kid the NFL ropes..

Clemens wasnt bringing us to SB anyways, so Rex is smart. Use 2009 as his learning year, hope for the best wit ha run oriented Offense, and in 2010 we have a experienced kid to hopefully make a SB run.

Archived