Broncos to entertain offers for Marshall: First and Fourth round picks

MikeJetsWord

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13204200?source=rss/

The Broncos would listen for trade offers for Marshall if they included first- and fourth-round draft picks. But the buzz among the league executives contacted this week was that they would want to see if Marshall is healthy after undergoing hip surgery in the offseason

I saw this on another forum and figured that you guys would find it interesting. Honestly I think the price is a bit high, but we should definitely make a play for him. With marshall in this offense, we have a legit #1 reciever, great #2, great slot, and decent #4 and 5. Add on a damn good receiving TE as well with the good o-line and powerful rushing attack. This season could actually be good.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little high but desperate times call for it. You trade a 1st and 5th, and if he plays all 14-16 games then make it the 4th and we get Denver's 5th next year. Similiar to the trade with Favre with the Pack last year because we have to be cautious considering Marshall is still hurt. Do this so we don't get the short end of the stick with a possibly But open up the wallet and pay this guy, so Sanchez has somebody to throw to for years to come

A little high but desperate times call for it. You trade a 1st and 5th, and if he plays all 14-16 games then make it the 4th and we get Denver's 5th next year. Similiar to the trade with Favre with the Pack last year because we have to be cautious considering Marshall is still hurt. Do this so we don't get the short end of the stick with a possibly But open up the wallet and pay this guy, so Sanchez has somebody to throw to for years to come

I'd offer a 2nd and 4th under the condition of having 48 hours to work out a deal with him .

I think some people are seriously under estimating Marshalls talent.

The best corner in football (Scrabble) called him the toughest receiver hes had to cover. Why anyone here would not want to add him to the offense is insane.. That being said a first and 4th would be perfectly fine with me. If we hammer out a deal for him, and he is healthy, we have a damn good offense for YEARS to come.

this is a no brainer.denvers seems to trade all there young pro bowl players.might as well take avantage.i would give a 1st and a 4th in a heart beat if his hip checks out

You put in the clause that he's gotta play x amount of games...either 8 or 10 whatever it is for the upgrade of the round so that we aren't getting the total screw job if he really is injured. A first and 1st and 4th are fine with me if he's healthy yes. If he's not a 1st and 5th is fair if we only have him for half the year

With or without Marshall, the Jets are likely to get a top-ten pick next year, in a QB-rich draft. I tell the Broncos they can have that pick and ONLY that pick. If they balk, screw em and take that same offer to Cleveland where they'd love the chance to give you Braylon Edwards for a high first.

With or without Marshall, the Jets are likely to get a top-ten pick next year, in a QB-rich draft. I tell the Broncos they can have that pick and ONLY that pick. If they balk, screw em and take that same offer to Cleveland where they'd love the chance to give you Braylon Edwards for a high first.

I actually think we can become atleast a borderline playoff team with Marshall.

I like your thinking.

Thanks.

We could overthink this until we're blue in the face--offer Denver a back-up QB with a WR4 and two picks that can turn into other picks (unless one falls in the top-10; in which case it is protected and slides that pick into another year) all of which is contingent upon the player's contract satisfaction, on-field performance, and health.

Or, we can just get a playmaker at a reasonable asking price and deal with the consequences.

Once they made Sanchez the QB, they practically guaranteed themselves a 3-6 win season, IMO.

Oh I agree with you on that. But with Marshall, even Schot couldn't f up this offense. Our WR's as they stand right now are not even formidable, they are an f'n joke. Cothery is a nice Derrick Mason type. Beyond that I see nothing but possible slot WR's and even that might be a push.

Without Marshall -- Jets 3-9 win team.

With Marshall -- Jets 5-10 win team.

He'll have a little bit of an effect on our offense and the W/L column, but even with Marshall we're going to have an ugly looking offense. Trading for Marshall will be a trade to set us up for 2010 after Sanchez learns the ropes.

Get Marshall and that may change.

He can be for Sanchez what Plaxico was for a young Roethlisberger and Eli.

Exactly what I was thinking Troll. A WR like that who can go up and get even an ugly duck of a pass can do wonders for a young QB.

This whole "just give him a new contract and he'll be happy" logic is kind of silly. We've seen it too many times with athletes, including our very own in Coles for several years. I can't imagine a guy like Marshall ever being happy with his contract. Every 2-3 years the dude's gonna be crying for a new deal. It's inevitable.

Without Marshall -- Jets 3-9 win team.

With Marshall -- Jets 5-10 win team.

He'll have a little bit of an effect on our offense and the W/L column, but even with Marshall we're going to have an ugly looking offense. Trading for Marshall will be a trade to set us up for 2010 after Sanchez learns the ropes.

With Marshall this team becomes an instant playoff contender.

The first and the fourth does not bother me at all. The cash that Marshall will demand, I think that is what will bother me. I like the idea of building in 48-72 hours to negotiate a deal with Marshall prior to completing the deal. If he wants a contract in the neighbourhood of Roddy White give it to him - a top ten pick will basically get that next year anyway and you have a known commodity with Marshall.

I'd be pissed off if I were him. First off, he's a top 5 WR and making 2.2 mil -- really?

Think about this too....he is looking for a payday to at least compensate for how bad its gonna be in Denver this year. His buddy and a great QB got into a squabble with this young turd coach and he was able to cry himself out of a Denver. He figures he could play hardball with them and do the same thing because Denver's FO gave into Cutler. I'm not Brandon Marshall but I bet ya he's thinking --- pay me now (so playing here isn't too terrible and because lets face after a year of great production and my value is high, because Orton isn't Cutler and will probably go down) or get me out of here, and then pay me. He doesn't like McDaniels much at all and probably figures that because he thinks he's a top tier reciever, that if a franchise is really serious about wanting him in their plans for the future then pay me. When he signs a deal he'll get a big ol' contract with about 6 or 7 years that'll tie him over until he's 32 or 33 and he'll shut up and play...unless he's in Denver because he probably still wouldn't think highly of McDaniels

Archived