Fanatic 'sports/Giants fan' film looks interesting

SouthernJet

Looks more to me like guy struggles with choice between what he loves (football team) and what is right/best for him (justice/lawsuit)

It's definitely NOT a comedy.

It has more to do with the fact that he's a loser. All he has in life is being a fan of team and then that gets "betrayed" when he's assaulted by the Giants player. I'm pretty sure the point of that is to kinda bring into question his loyalty and really what is his life about. When the one thing he loves turns out to be something that he can come to despise. I'm sure there are comedic "moments", but I wouldn't think this is any sort of comedy.

It's definitely NOT a comedy.

It has more to do with the fact that he's a loser. All he has in life is being a fan of team and then that gets "betrayed" when he's assaulted by the Giants player. I'm pretty sure the point of that is to kinda bring into question his loyalty and really what is his life about. When the one thing he loves turns out to be something that he can come to despise. I'm sure there are comedic "moments", but I wouldn't think this is any sort of comedy.

Agreed. I guess SJ may be right with 'VERY dark comedy', but the line on these things tend to be very blurred.

a viewer review

A Taxi Driver style moody yarn about your basic Big Apple bottom feeder schlemiel moping his way through existence, the film touches on the darker side of sports geekdom and living life as a spectator sport through others.

Agreed. I guess SJ may be right with 'VERY dark comedy', but the line on these things tend to be very blurred.

I have seen dark comedy several times,,here is one of them. But I think it probably borders more on drama with some sad comedic overtones..

http://www.thelmagazine.com/newyork/the-best-dark-comedy-about-a-new-york-football-team-obsessed-loser-since-buffalo-66/Content?oid=1251306

I think that's about right. It's more of a drama but not a stereotypical drama. As you mentioned SJ what might make it "funny" is actually something really sad. Like a guy who wastes all his time on messageboards and has 5,000+ posts. :bag::bag:

Archived