Good luck Jane McManus

Maxman

yea I saw her goodbye forever post yesterday-it seemed like she just up and quit on them.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like.

She said she was leaving ... and it was her last day. WTF? It seemed abrupt.

Anyway, the Journal was cheap. They didn't let her attend away games.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like.

She said she was leaving ... and it was her last day. WTF? It seemed abrupt.

Anyway, the Journal was cheap. They didn't let her attend away games.

it came out last week on Neil Best's newsday blog that Jane and the Giants beat writer decided to leave... i believe it was either quit or be fired scenario.

I liked Jane's work and commented a few times on her blog. Its sad to see people losing their jobs, especially when its someone you enjoy reading.

Tough times for newspapers, the herd is going to continue to get thinner and thinner.

it is... but how many beat writers do we really need? All the articles are almost exactly the same, the breaking news stuff is coming from national guys... mostly what we'll stop seeing is the fluff pieces... and luckily we have blogs and posters to fill in the gaps.

The news media needed a bigtime correction... yet it still seems they have no clue on how to move forward.

it is... but how many beat writers do we really need? All the articles are almost exactly the same, the breaking news stuff is coming from national guys... mostly what we'll stop seeing is the fluff pieces... and luckily we have blogs and posters to fill in the gaps.

The news media needed a bigtime correction... yet it still seems they have no clue on how to move forward.

Agreed, the national guys are still needed and there does need to be a group of beat reporters following the team. But I don't think they need quite as many. Sites like this and the blogs can never follow the team but we can fill in the cracks so to speak.

Yeah I said it, JetNation fills in the cracks. :-P

Agreed, the national guys are still needed and there does need to be a group of beat reporters following the team. But I don't think they need quite as many. Sites like this and the blogs can never follow the team but we can fill in the cracks so to speak.

Yeah I said it, JetNation fills in the cracks. :-P

i think you should angle for a press pass and hire jetsrule128 to be the on-the-scene reporter...

yea if that idiot Leberfeld can get access Max so should JetSnation

I requested press passes for camp for some SUNY Cortland students we had lined up. The Jets never responded. And I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. :-P

Archived