It's Official: Kazmir to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim County of Los Angeles

PS17

I'm a Jets/Sox fan, too. Guess I'm a joke. That's what my girlfriend says anyway.

Maybe the Sox don't want another Lefty in their rotation? Especially one that's not pitching all that well?

Please don't try to show any logic with them. It flies right over their heads. ;)

idk...i think teams put alot of players on waivers to try and push the ones they may want to trade through. anyway...it does seem odd, but that's the way it works. so i guess he either cleared waivers or the angels were the worst team or only team to claim him.

Said team has to be able to afford his contract. Thats how the whole Rios thing went down.

If it was only as simplistic as that.

All owners are rich, but not all teams are.

Giving the Royals 15-25 million every year is not going to put a dent in the fact that teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs own their own TV stations and make 100-200x more TV revenue then the Royals.

That's why I feel bad for teams like the Pirates. With a small TV market they just can't compete.

The Angels and Rays were talking about this trade well before the original trade deadline.

It's a great move for the Angels. Kazmir usually pitches well against the Red Sox. He might be the one that helps them finally beat Boston in the playoffs.

Archived