Brady & Moss

Vudu

I would be shocked if the Jets weren't better in this regard with some of the new acquisitions. Whether they are good enough or not remains to be seen.

Besides you guys are referring to the old Brady. He has been injured in two of the last three games he played in I belive. Or 2 of 4, something like that.

Stop kissing his ring. This is the new post-injury Brady. :-P

Are you post-frontal-lobotomy? Brady has looked as good as ever. And, other than Bart Scott (who will help) the Jets didn't improve their athleticism on defnse at all. As much as I appreciate Leonhard, he's not covering a decent slot receiver down the field anytime soon. If Gholston continues to suck and nobody steps up to rush the passer, the middle of the field will continue to be an expressway fir other teams passing games.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be shocked if the Jets weren't better in this regard with some of the new acquisitions. Whether they are good enough or not remains to be seen.

Besides you guys are referring to the old Brady. He has been injured in two of the last three games he played in I belive. Or 2 of 4, something like that.

Stop kissing his ring. This is the new post-injury Brady. :-P

That;'s exactly what we'll be doing week 2. You know Belicheck is coming out guns a blazing to embarrass the big mouth coach of ours.

Are you post-frontal-lobotomy? Brady has looked as good as ever. And, other than Bart Scott (who will help) the Jets didn't improve their athleticism on defnse at all. As much as I appreciate Leonhard, he's not covering a decent slot receiver down the field anytime soon. If Gholston continues to suck and nobody steps up to rush the passer, the middle of the field will continue to be an expressway fir other teams passing games.

The one thing that everyone is not taking into consideration is Kris Jenkins. He makes everyone on defense better...everyone. We havent seen the half of what we will be seeing of the Scott/Harris combo because of his absence....and they have still looked like monsters.

Problem is our edge. Especially without Pace. You were saying B.Thomas was looking nasty in camp, hopefully he takes that into the season and really steps up for the first 4 weeks, but by no means am I holding out hope for that.

We are going to have to get creative. I would really like to see Ellis playing OLB ocassionally with Devito on the end. Or if Rex does what he says...lets see move Jenkins to the end occassionally with Ellis at OLB and let someone else take the middle.

The one thing that everyone is not taking into consideration is Kris Jenkins. He makes everyone on defense better...everyone. We havent seen the half of what we will be seeing of the Scott/Harris combo because of his absence....and they have still looked like monsters.

Problem is our edge. Especially without Pace. You were saying B.Thomas was looking nasty in camp, hopefully he takes that into the season and really steps up for the first 4 weeks, but by no means am I holding out hope for that.

We are going to have to get creative. I would really like to see Ellis playing OLB ocassionally with Devito on the end. Or if Rex does what he says...lets see move Jenkins to the end occassionally with Ellis at OLB and let someone else take the middle.

Word. The problem Im pointing to is specifically the speed of the LB corps. Pace and Thomas are both physical beasts on the edge, but neither is a good enough athlete to either go out and get 15 sacks OR cover a good TE off the line. IMO, your OLB's have to be able to rush or cover, and in Pace and Thomas they gave similarly limited players on the edges which leads to bad match-ups in the pass defense. They're nice when it comes to bottling up the run, but you're making a tradeoff by starting both of them because they're not helping you stop the pass.

You can use all the excuses you want, the fact still remains that team looked head and shoulders above ours.

All the delusions of grandeur I had for the JETS just got flushed down the ****ing toilet.

There offense looked head and shoulders above ours. However, did you see their defense?

Word. The problem Im pointing to is specifically the speed of the LB corps. Pace and Thomas are both physical beasts on the edge, but neither is a good enough athlete to either go out and get 15 sacks OR cover a good TE off the line. IMO, your OLB's have to be able to rush or cover, and in Pace and Thomas they gave similarly limited players on the edges which leads to bad match-ups in the pass defense. They're nice when it comes to bottling up the run, but you're making a tradeoff by starting both of them because they're not helping you stop the pass.

My point is more of trying to limit oppossing passing attacks by doing what Rex does best, pressuing the Qb.

Overall, I agree. They are not really made to cover. But this is Rex's speciality, hopefully he has some tricks up his sleeve.

I'm pretty sure you guys watched that game. Did you see Brady and Randy F^cking Moss last night?

No ****ing way the JETS beat the Patriots this season with our dubious WR corps. Tannenbaum needs to go get Sanchez a weapon or we're gonna get embarrassed by the Pats twice this season.

Shaort and sweet and very much to the point .

Get Brandon Marshall on this team now. If you guys remember Moss was a disaster and about to go postal in Oakland as well.

My point is more of trying to limit oppossing passing attacks by doing what Rex does best, pressuing the Qb.

Overall, I agree. They are not really made to cover. But this is Rex's speciality, hopefully he has some tricks up his sleeve.

JIF Pressuring Tom Brady works for the moment but hes the type of guy who does not get rattled like say a Peyton Manning would. You cant sack him every play so eventually hes going to get to you if you dont put points on the board.

Shaort and sweet and very much to the point .

Get Brandon Marshall on this team now. If you guys remember Moss was a disaster and about to go postal in Oakland as well.

+1,000,000

JIF Pressuring Tom Brady works for the moment but hes the type of guy who does not get rattled like say a Peyton Manning would. You cant sack him every play so eventually hes going to get top you if you dont put points on the board.

Sure he doesnt get rattled but thats how beat them. It was the difference between the SB win and the regular season loss of the 07 battles with the Giants.

The Giants had constent pressure and held that offense to 14 pts. I think the sacked Brady 5 times or something like that...and he was pressured all game.

Brady has been hurt in two of the last 4 games he played. He came out after half time, warmed up and went back in. He got hurt. Karma has caught up to the Patriots.

You guys can keep up the love parade, I am just being a realist. They didn't make the playoffs last year and Brady is back now, but hurt again.

The Patriots are still a much better team, no doubt about it. But I am not going to give up and concede anything.

They play the games on the field. The Patriots love fest is embarrassing. You guys sound like Red Sox fans.

Trusnick is a CB in a LB body. He can cover all day long. ALL DAY LONG I SAID.

Mark it down.

A'rent we JETS fans sick of saying "NEXT YEAR" ?

Every year its the same sh^t, we'll get em "NEXT YEAR" or we'll be better "NEXT YEAR"

"NEXT YEAR" never seems to come. :bag:

yeah well with a new coach and a rookie qb without a true #1 receiver. and with a new defensive scheme and some new players that will need some time to really gel.........guess what?

unfortunately it's once again next year.

No bigger fraud than you and Jeeter.

U R a fraudulent football fan not to know Welker was not on the field.

Jeter (Jeeter?) is a multimillionare bangin a 10 or 2 every night.

When the Patriots start losing you will be off the wagon faster than Ted Kennedy went off the bridge.

It IS what it is.

Sure he doesnt get rattled but thats how beat them. It was the difference between the SB win and the regular season loss of the 07 battles with the Giants.

The Giants had constent pressure and held that offense to 14 pts. I think the sacked Brady 5 times or something like that...and he was pressured all game.

Your exatly right and Brady Drove the Pats up the field with 2 min left in the game for the go ahead score. The Giants had a bunch of very lucky plays on that last drive and when they got to the red zone they went to there big 6-5 wideout to win the game.

In order for the Jets to win this year our Defense will have to play out of their minds. Ido think will have an exacptionally good Defense but a bad offense wears down a good defense. We have got to make a move

I will say that in the preseason the Pats have been getting much better pressure than they did last year. TBC, Burgess, Thomas, Guyton, Mayo, all have had chances to chase QBs around. Mind you it still isn't a great pass rush by any means, but even a slightly improved pass rush, plus an improved back four, that will be enough assuming Brady is back in form (which he appears to be).

My concerns so far have been our WRs after Moss. Galloway has been iffy, Welker and Edelman are both banged up, Lewis hasn't done much. Though thankfull between Brady and Moss taking pressure off the other receivers, I feel comfortable that whoever is in the #2 and 3 spots will do at least a decent job, assuming health.

As for the Maroney comment: If you look at him when he catches the ball in space, he is barrelling into defenders. For whatever reason, our OL has done a terrible job blocking for the first string RBs this preseason. Maroney, Taylor, and Morris all had trouble behind the starting OL against starting DLs, and that is a concern I have. Maroney has just looked worst because has had the most time behind them against defensive starters. You look at Green-Ellis and Chris Taylor and they are running through gaping holes against the 3rd team defenses.

I will say that in the preseason the Pats have been getting much better pressure than they did last year. TBC, Burgess, Thomas, Guyton, Mayo, all have had chances to chase QBs around. Mind you it still isn't a great pass rush by any means, but even a slightly improved pass rush, plus an improved back four, that will be enough assuming Brady is back in form (which he appears to be).

My concerns so far have been our WRs after Moss. Galloway has been iffy, Welker and Edelman are both banged up, Lewis hasn't done much. Though thankfull between Brady and Moss taking pressure off the other receivers, I feel comfortable that whoever is in the #2 and 3 spots will do at least a decent job, assuming health.

As for the Maroney comment: If you look at him when he catches the ball in space, he is barrelling into defenders. For whatever reason, our OL has done a terrible job blocking for the first string RBs this preseason. Maroney, Taylor, and Morris all had trouble behind the starting OL against starting DLs, and that is a concern I have. Maroney has just looked worst because has had the most time behind them against defensive starters. You look at Green-Ellis and Chris Taylor and they are running through gaping holes against the 3rd team defenses.

I agree with your assessment.

I think the pass rush is coming along, more so because of the DBs, but it is coming along.

As far as Maroney, the knock on him is still true. He still tip toes too much. It seems he is more indecisive when he gets out on sweeps and has to decide what to do when the play does not create a huge hole for him to run through.

He seems to be better suited to be a North/South runner running off tackle/power runs.

I agree the OL does him no favors, but if he showed the decisiveness he does between tackles on the outside, they would be talking about resgining him and not questioning his ability.

U R a fraudulent football fan not to know Welker was not on the field.

Jeter (Jeeter?) is a multimillionare bangin a 10 or 2 every night.

When the Patriots start losing you will be off the wagon faster than Ted Kennedy went off the bridge.

It IS what it is.

It is what it is, but I would be a little disappointed if Jeter was bangin' a 2.

As far as Maroney, the knock on him is still true. He still tip toes too much. It seems he is more indecisive when he gets out on sweeps and has to decide what to do when the play does not create a huge hole for him to run through.

He seems to be better suited to be a North/South runner running off tackle/power runs.

I agree the OL does him no favors, but if he showed the decisiveness he does between tackles on the outside, they would be talking about resgining him and not questioning his ability.

My pipe dream is that Maroney improves his blitz pickup to Kevin Faulk-like levels, and can be Faulks replacement as a 3rd down back for the next six to eight years.

Unfortunately SOMEONE is bound to try to sign him for starter money, so that may be an unreasonable plan.

I saw his jersey on and immediately thought that when the safety came up it was to cover Welker.

But you got me. I was wrong. I dont follow pre season like reg season.

That is okay, you are not a huge fan. No problem with that.

Go Tommy. Go Tommy.

I thought Sims made a great point. Maroney should just pick a hole, bury his head and go regardless if there is day light or not.

That would break him of the dancing, hopefully.

I dont get too excited over pre season. 9/14 is what really matters.

But Go Mark Go. You look awesome.

Spoke like a true bandwagon Patriots fan.

You don't care that much about the Patriots preseason games. Yet you are on a Jets board commenting on a game that it looks like you didn't even watch.

Archived