I'm a homer...

fatcatxl

So I had a fantasy draft today and three of my starters

are Jets. Cotchery, Keller and the D. Then Leon is my

fourth back, and in round 17 i selected Mr. Sanchez.

Just wanted to share.

Being a homer will kill you in fantasy football, hope you got some good backups. The bye week is going to kill ya

Aren't the jets the historically the worst fantasy team.

Lol, pretty much. We've had our years though. I remember in '04 Martin was the steal of the draft, my buddy nabbed him in like the 6th or 7th round b/c of his TD total from the previous year combined with his age, and the dude winds up leading the league in rushing with double-digit TD's. Cotchery was an awesome pick in Mangini's first year, I remember picking him as a bench player in like the 12th or something. I was also one of the lucky ones who picked up Pennington in '02.

I took Leon this year in the 9th, he's a great pick if you're in a ppr league that also gives ST points to RB's and WR's. And a lot of sites have our D/ST's ranked fairly high. Other than that, I'm just not too intrigued by Cotch or Keller for fantasy purposes. Keller falls into the 2nd-year WR corollary IMO and Cotch is going to be blanketed all season unless Mr. August can pull something out of his a-s. I do usually try to stay away from Jets though unless I absolutely know they're a sure thing. Rules #1 and 2 of fantasy are don't be a homer for your own squad and don't stay away from players on teams you hate simply because you hate them.

cotch is a waste, teams will take him away

keller is a steal, I think he will blossom into a star this year

jets D - who knows. can they stop the run ?

mcdreamy is a total crap shoot. probably too many turnovers and most of the TD's in this offense will come on the ground

cotch is a waste, teams will take him away

keller is a steal, I think he will blossom into a star this year

mcdreamy is a total crap shoot. probably too many turnovers and most of the TD's in this offense will come on the ground

I draft tomorrow and I might pull the trigger a round early on Keller. Only because the league is full of Jets fans.

With a healthy Kris Jenkins, yes.

And in fantasy football, does it really matter? As long as the Jets produce turnovers and get some stops in crucial passing downs (thus preventing teams from high point totals), they'll be good. Rex Ryan is promising us that this will be a big play D, so that works well for fantasy.

I draft tomorrow and I might pull the trigger a round early on Keller. Only because the league is full of Jets fans.

when someone tells you that you should have taken a WR there....simply respond by saying...I did ....:cheers:

With a healthy Kris Jenkins, yes.

And in fantasy football, does it really matter? As long as the Jets produce turnovers and get some stops in crucial passing downs (thus preventing teams from high point totals), they'll be good. Rex Ryan is promising us that this will be a big play D, so that works well for fantasy.

I was getting more at points allowed. they better tighten up the safety play as well.

I have TJ for the second consecutive year. Praying he can give me 1100 yards, 8-10 TD's. Keller is my only other Jet. I had Cotch last year who was a fantasy disappointment. TJ was outstanding last year, I couldn't have won my league without him.

I have TJ for the second consecutive year. Praying he can give me 1100 yards, 8-10 TD's. Keller is my only other Jet. I had Cotch last year who was a fantasy disappointment. TJ was outstanding last year, I couldn't have won my league without him.

Should of quit while you were ahead with TJ. I don't expect **** from him this year.

Archived