SJ Reviews" 'Adam'..Methodical unique romance (2 1/2)

SouthernJet

'Adam' is a Indie making rounds right now. Its aromance movie about a just jilted woman and a a just lost his Dad Asbergers Syndrome man.

Adam si smart, but socially inept and fearful of change. He has just lost his Dad when a new womean moves into apratment building.

They form a friendship as his inability to lie strikes a refreshing tone . She was cheate don by ex fiancee and her Dad has betrayed her thru criminal activity.

Its a filem that plays on teh odditioe sof Adams conditio nand how her love allows him to relate to the outsidfe world better , especially with woman.

Its OK, nothing greta.

Decent cast: Hugh Dancy, Rose Byrne, Peter Gallagher, Amy Irving, and Frankie Faison. They are more taht stellar.

2 1/2 stars_002.gif's .

Never heard of this flick. Do you get free movie passes or something?

Its a Independent film. I like Indies as well as Mainstreams.

No free passes, but I use a frequent buyer card at chains that offer them. I get free popcorn at Indie theater I go to. We usually go 2-3 times a week. Its just money ;)

To see the current Indies (usually MUCH better scripts) and current Mainstreams and the consensus national review average go to this link below. Then on left side of screen, its in 2 sections, 'Wide Release Now in Theaters (mainstream) ' and lower down 'Limited Releases now in Theater (Indie films)'.

Then you can sort by name or highest rated. Enjoy.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/

Its a Independent film. I like Indies as well as Mainstreams.

No free passes, but I use a frequent buyer card at chains that offer them. I get free popcorn at Indie theater I go to. We usually go 2-3 times a week. Its just money ;)

To see the current Indies (usually MUCH better scripts) and current Mainstreams and the consensus national review average go to this link below. Then on left side of screen, its in 2 sections, 'Wide Release Now in Theaters (mainstream) ' and lower down 'Limited Releases now in Theater (Indie films)'.

Then you can sort by name or highest rated. Enjoy.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/

I like Indies as well.

Never heard of it either. Indie films have limited $$ for ads.

Yes, you jsut have to look to see what is showing at your local Indie theater and then go see the trailer son metacritic.com to see if it looks good to you..

hint: ads dont correalate to quality ;)

Archived