Teddy Bruschi Retiring: MERGED

Gotta give some praise to Bruschi. Takes a lot to come back from a stroke and then not just live a normal life again, but play professional football again. Never liked him on the field, never, but that took a lot of balls.

That said, he was only going to be a part time player this season, so, not a big loss, other than vocal leader, I would think?

I have no doubt BB sat him down and told him it was time - and to go out the right way. Thank goodness. IT IS TIME. He was a special player and I thank him for everything he did. He was an integral part of the team for a very long time. Enjoy your kids. Stay healthy.

Gotta give some praise to Bruschi. Takes a lot to come back from a stroke and then not just live a normal life again, but play professional football again. Never liked him on the field, never, but that took a lot of balls.

That said, he was only going to be a part time player this season, so, not a big loss, other than vocal leader, I would think?

Wow. You've been hanging out with Gainzo too much.

:Typotux:

Patriots inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi has decided to retire from football.

He'll make the announcement Monday at 10:45AM ET (Bruschi -- barely sleeps in on retirement day). A 13-year career Patriot, Bruschi captained three Super Bowl winners, registered five 100+ tackle seasons, and was a Pro Bowler in 2004. The former college defensive end played inside linebacker, outside, and end in pass-rush situations throughout his career. His October return from an offseason stroke earned him Comeback Player of the Year honors in 2005. Bruschi will likely fall short of the Hall of Fame, but is a shoe-in for the Patriots' Ring of Honor and may have his No. 54 retired.

Source: NFL.com