This Yankee Team Is Really Good

Maxman

Not sure if anyone noticed. But they do a lot of things well. They always seems to play from ahead. They can score even when they don't hit home runs. And they cna pitch pretty well. Phil Hughes is looking good in the 8th, funny how that worked out.

Not sure if anyone noticed. But they do a lot of things well. They always seems to play from ahead. They can score even when they don't hit home runs. And they cna pitch pretty well. Phil Hughes is looking good in the 8th, funny how that worked out.

Right now I would say they're the best team in baseball. Getting decent pitching and murderous hitting. All the pieces seem to be fitting nicely. I'm wondering where Bob has been with his " Clueless Joe" remarks from earlier in the season. :P

Yeah, this team is put together quite nicely. This is the best team we have had this decade. Hopefully theyshow some ofthat late 90's postseason spirit.

The post season is the key of course. They had an interesting stat on ESPN Saturday. Since 2004 the Yankees , in the post season, are hitting .213 with men in scoring position.

Tex has been a difference maker. Jeter has found the fountain of youth, Robinson Cano is having a great year & Johnny Damon is wearing out right field. This team is exciting to watch, they're a fun bunch, unlike the corporate, robotic teams of the past.

Can't argue with the title of this thread at all.

Tex has been a difference maker. Jeter has found the fountain of youth, Robinson Cano is having a great year & Johnny Damon is wearing out right field. This team is exciting to watch, they're a fun bunch, unlike the corporate, robotic teams of the past.

If only Tex had signed with the Red Sox. :biggrin:

That is what this team has been missing since 2000, btw.

We will see come October.

I do though like this team ALOT. Hughes in the bullpen has been pretty much lights out and the addition of Tex and let's not forget Nick Swisher, who I think has loosened up this clubhouse quite a bit have been huge.

I still though have my questions about A.J and Joba.

There are days where A.J. goes out there and is electric and then there are days where he is garbage. He does seem to be on who will get down on himself if things don't go well early. That can be deadly in the post season.

I really don't know what to make of Joba anymore. He starts yesterday and goes only three innings and 35 pitches ?

I know the Yanks want to shelter him as much as possible yesterday seemed like a spring training outing.

I'm not ready to punch a ticket to the World Series yet. The Angels have owned the Yankees the past couple of years and now with the addition of Kazmir makes them that much tougher.

And never ever let the Bosox out of your sight.

This thing is far from over.

Whenever I watch this team and I'm hammered I often yell "THIS ISN'T EVEN FUN ANYMORE". I think it hilarious, the people next to me do the first time. But by the 15th time I yell it I usually get myself into trouble.

Just sayin'

I'm too lazy to look it up. What is the Yankees record since the All Star break?

Whatever it is it has to be up there as one of the best.

The Yanks are 31-11 since the All-Star break. The Cards have the second best record (28-13).

Some other random numbers...

They've won 44 of their last 60 games.

They're 69-33 since ARod's return in May.

Since the All-Star Break...

Derek Jeter is batting .370 with a .421 OBP

Joe Mauer is batting .351 with a .415 OBP

Blackout, a serious question. Why do you do all that other stuff where you play stupid when you can post gold like this? You're a smart dude who is capable of being funny.

Ha! I'm so silly I thought he was serious. I forgot the Yankee fan that hates the Yankees left. That guy was always serious. I think.

I cannot core a apple.

the thing i like about this team is that unlike the past few years these guys seem to really care. i think swisher has made a real difference. i haven't seen a guy that intense since o'neil left and the championships stopped.

this year is about more than the payroll, although you can't ignore buying cc, tex, and burnett.

also having competition at the OF positions has made the guys play better or risk sitting on the bench. that and i think both matsui and damon are in contract years.

I'm too lazy to look it up. What is the Yankees record since the All Star break?

Whatever it is it has to be up there as one of the best.

Gainzo they are 114 and 8 in the second half. They were 67 and 22 in the 1st half. Anyway you add it up that is an awesome year.

Archived