Anyone else slightly concerned about...

4HCrew

I'll be considered if it keeps up. This was one bad game. Well, okay, it was an awful game, but, you can't get any worse when you look at whose next and that would be Dwight Lowery. I'd rather have a piece of cardboard out there instead of Lowery. Lito will be fine. Everyone has a bad game, hopefully that was it for him and it's out of his system.

I was concerned from the time we traded for him.

This is a guy that lost the NICKEL job in Philly last year to Joselio Hanson.

Yet, many expected him to be the elite corner that he was a couple years ago.

It's a problem. But if we can generate pass rush, it shouldn't be a huge one.

I was concerned from the time we traded for him.

This is a guy that lost the NICKEL job in Philly last year to Joselio Hanson.

Yet, many expected him to be the elite corner that he was a couple years ago.

It's a problem. But if we can generate pass rush, it shouldn't be a huge one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troll, and you expect this pass rush from who? Marques Douglas? Vernon Gholston?

There is no pass rushing lineman on this team. BT sux, Ellis is getting old, Jenks is a force but not a rusher.

Lito is washed up.

Why they wanted this guy is beyond me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troll, and you expect this pass rush from who? Marques Douglas? Vernon Gholston?

There is no pass rushing lineman on this team. BT sux, Ellis is getting old, Jenks is a force but not a rusher.

Lito is washed up.

Why they wanted this guy is beyond me.

Ryan will blitz from all angles. I'm not saying that we WILL have a pass rush, because BT and Gholston suck, and even Pace is just ordinary as a rusher. But I have a feeling that Scott, Harris, and Rhodes will be deployed on plenty of blitzes.

I was more concerned about his penalties then anything else.It was almost like he was allowed to cover that way in the NFC but not not in the AFC..I mean you don't change how you do something over night and I don't recall him getting so many interference calls last season

Jesus we brought the guy in as a #2 cb playing accross from a lock down guy...he barely played last season of course hes going to get picked on. Were not going to get 2 shut down corners, so you may as well get used to the fact that Lito will get thrown at a lot and hes never going to be Revis...

Still think you could do a lot worse than Lito as a #2 cb...

Jesus we brought the guy in as a #2 cb playing accross from a lock down guy...he barely played last season of course hes going to get picked on. Were not going to get 2 shut down corners, so you may as well get used to the fact that Lito will get thrown at a lot and hes never going to be Revis...

Still think you could do a lot worse than Lito as a #2 cb...

Just imagine if Lowery was the #2...

oh wait, we did that last year for a while.

The Eagles benched and traded him because he wanted a new deal, more than they are willing to give a Cornerback not named Asante Samuel. They will be doing the same thing again very shortly. They wouldn't even give Brian Dawkins a new deal.

He was a 2005 and 2007 Pro Bowler for a reason.

I am concerned but keep in mind even when Lito was playing at a very high level he gave up some big plays and had some very poor games, what made him stand out was that he'd make as many plays as he gave up. In a similar way to the guy who took his job - Asante Samuel. I'm not too concerned for now as it may take him some time to regain his old form but I highly doubt he's finished, the guy's not too old.

i thought one of the PI calls was BS. that and the fact that it didn't seem like we were getting much qb pressure. it is what it is. like someone already said you can't have elite players at every position. i'm confident that ryan will devise schemes that will work with the players that we have. and here's a good one...actually make in-game adjustments when something isn't working. thats said...this defense will need some time to gel so don't expect a miracle from week one.

The play of Lito? it is not like he was facing Welker, Moss, TO and Evans out there

The plays he was making (or not making for that matter) seemed to be 15-20 yard slant patterns where he expected help over the top. No doubt he needs to get quicker hips, but this is still a preseason game, and I think that Pettine has to have help for Lito over the top a little more often.

Also, our pass rush wasn't really consistently there, which also affects the QB and forces bad throws, which then directly helps Lito & the Secondary.

I think Lito will be absolute shut down come week 1 vs. the Houston Texans. I am not worried at all about their #2 or #3 WR, I'm more worried about the Tight End Daniels, whom can exploit us over the middle for sure, with our LB's not necesarily being good enough to pass cover this guy.

well, if lito was good, then the QB would pick on the LB covering the TE

I'm also worried about the safety play, in an attacking defense, you have to be able to cover behind it or rex is gonna have to reign it in

i know i keep sayign this but...this defense is gonna need abotu half a season to really gel...and during the season it may become apparent that there is a piece or 2 that needs to be replaced. this IS NOT a win now team. we are a good year away from really being competitive.

Archived