Happy Birthday Garb

JonEJet

Thanks people!

I'm not feeling this birthday - at all. But I am grateful to those who wish me a good one.

Just got back from a lunch break. Took a stroll to the Sapulding Hospital. A mere five minutes from my building. Anyway, they have a kayak, small sail boat and paddle boat program right out back on the Charles River. It's designed as a rehabilitation program for stroke victims, accident victims, paraplegics, etc. I sat on a public bench by the river an watched the patients take to the water - watching their faces beam in delight in this latest accomplishment. Yah, so I'm a year older.....these folks were dealt a sh*tty hand man, and they are rowing away on the Charles, on a beautiful, sunny 72 degree day. Puts everything in perspective. At least I'm old enough (wise enough?) to know how lucky I am and how to remind myself of that very fact. Might sound effed up, but it works.

I did a software install at that rehab hospital (Spaulding) in 1999 or 2000. Anyhow the HR guy there is probably in jail right now. No way are they an equal opportunity employer.

Every girl in the place was 23 and super model hot. Except the guy I had to work with. He was 35 or so and totally gay.

Sadly, every word that I just typed is true.

Thanks people!

I'm not feeling this birthday - at all. But I am grateful to those who wish me a good one.

Just got back from a lunch break. Took a stroll to the Sapulding Hospital. A mere five minutes from my building. Anyway, they have a kayak, small sail boat and paddle boat program right out back on the Charles River. It's designed as a rehabilitation program for stroke victims, accident victims, paraplegics, etc. I sat on a public bench by the river an watched the patients take to the water - watching their faces beam in delight in this latest accomplishment. Yah, so I'm a year older.....these folks were dealt a sh*tty hand man, and they are rowing away on the Charles, on a beautiful, sunny 72 degree day. Puts everything in perspective. At least I'm old enough (wise enough?) to know how lucky I am and how to remind myself of that very fact. Might sound effed up, but it works.

So you look at people with disabilities to feel good about yourself?

Just kidin Happy B-Day :-P

Thanks people!...Puts everything in perspective. At least I'm old enough (wise enough?) to know how lucky I am and how to remind myself of that very fact. Might sound effed up, but it works.
Oh, blah blah blah. Screw being thankful. Sweating the small stuff is what makes life worth living! Can't wait to lean on the horn in the back of the next school bus. Pre-school is the worst. You always have some pain in the ass mother who just HAS to get on the bus and talk crap to the driver for hours when I'm late. What is that? Do you PLAN it? Get your kid off the bus and shut up. They're lucky I don't ram it - repeatedly. What was this about again...?

Oh, right...Happy Belated Birthday, Beans!

football_cake_325.jpg

And I kid, of course. Sort of. A little. No. :P

Archived