So the Jets cant beat the Texans? Really?

Matt39

If Darrelle Revis is this world beater Cornerback that a lot of Jet fans believe he is, he should SHUT DOWN Andre Johnson, and with Jenkins healthy our run D should shut down Slaton.

Okay. Give some reasons why Revis is going to stop AJ. I know Revis has to stack up against Randy Moss 2 times a year and has been to the probowl in 2008. After that I don't know much about his overall style of game.

I think I showcased Johson a little earlier in this thread so I'll leave it at that.

Texans Secondary blows

These two words I am totally agee with. I think starting FS is Eugene Wilson, and he is injured from the Favre block on Monday night. Dunta Robinson is back. I don't know what to make of his role for the Jets game will be but he will see some sort of action.

Sanchez shouldn't have that hard of a day.

A rookie on opening day throwing his first game where everything counts. I know D'brick and Mangold and Faneca on the O line.

Mario Williams will be the focal point of your assignments. He is obvious. After that you got DeMeco Ryans. He's fantastic as well in the second level and unfortanately he has to fight off the guards and centers on the run. He's pretty good in pass coverage. The DT's are pretty weak, but it's somewhat interesting on the LDE spot as Antonio Smith is a new Acquisition and Conner Barwin is a rookie. I think he looks good, so I'm hoping he gets used a lot. Brian Cushing is another rookie so we're hoping for a solid game from him.

Houston is our most winnable game until Miami or Buffalo. We have to win it.

Counter Point: Houston is 12 - 4 over the last 2 seasons at home.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Texans always start slow...Schaub is already hurt...the defense has a new coordinator but the secondary is banged up:

Startng CB Jacques Reeves has a broken leg.

FS Eugene Wilson went down last night from a Farve block.

The JETS will start the Sanchez era with a win...24-10.

If you think the Texans will only score 10 points, you are in for a long year.

Agreed.

The people predicting Houston to win that division and or 10+ games are pathetic.

Every year all we hear about is how awesome Houston is going to be until they once again go 7-9 or 8-8. If Darrelle Revis is this world beater Cornerback that a lot of Jet fans believe he is, he should SHUT DOWN Andre Johnson, and with Jenkins healthy our run D should shut down Slaton.

Texans Secondary blows, Sanchez shouldn't have that hard of a day.

Houston is our most winnable game until Miami or Buffalo. We have to win it.

How do you figure? Andre Johnson caught 115 balls last year. No one should shut him down, not even Nnamdi Asomugha. Especially considering all the rules favor receivers.

How do you figure? Andre Johnson caught 115 balls last year. No one should shut him down, not even Nnamdi Asomugha. Especially considering all the rules favor receivers.

It's all there for the searching. Johnson had 2 catches for 19 yards and no scores against Asomugha last December. Slaton and Daniels did all the damage in that game. A similar outcome wouldn't shock me this Sunday. Revis really is arguably the second or third-best CB in the game right now but we can be exposed on the short pass.

And you know this for certain after watching our first team defense play 50 games under Rex Ryan's leadership. :rolleyes:

Ive watched the Jets for 20 years. They've never had a good defense. Until they prove otherwise, it is what it is.

Our pass coverage last season was laughable. It didnt look too promising this preseason, either. Our LB's are slow in coverage.

Ive watched the Jets for 20 years. They've never had a good defense. Until they prove otherwise, it is what it is.

Our pass coverage last season was laughable. It didnt look too promising this preseason, either. Our LB's are slow in coverage.

What does anything the Jets did prior to this year have to do with this year's team?

How the defense played under Rich Kotite has no bearing whatsoever on anything that will happen this Sunday.

I've watched the Jets for 30+ years, they've had good defenses in the past some (even in the past 20 years,) they will have good defenses again. One thing I've noticed is that trends developed by teams that played 15 years ago or 10 years ago have no effect on what happens on Sundays.

If your argument is seriously that the Jets had poor defenses in the past so as a result they will have a bad defense now, you are going to lose.

What does anything the Jets did prior to this year have to do with this year's team?

How the defense played under Rich Kotite has no bearing whatsoever on anything that will happen this Sunday.

I've watched the Jets for 30+ years, they've had good defenses in the past some (even in the past 20 years,) they will have good defenses again. One thing I've noticed is that trends developed by teams that played 15 years ago or 10 years ago have no effect on what happens on Sundays.

If your argument is seriously that the Jets had poor defenses in the past so as a result they will have a bad defense now, you are going to lose.

The defense was atrocious last season. I think that's a fair way to judge this years bunch. Especially our LB's in coverage. Its a huge concern for me.

The defense was atrocious last season. I think that's a fair way to judge this years bunch. Especially our LB's in coverage. Its a huge concern for me.

Actually it's not fair at all when you consider the FACTS.

We have different players at ILB. Bart Scott was not a Jet last year (do yourself a favor and check out Wes Welker's stats from when the Pats played the Ravens in '07, Scott was his worst nightmare that day) and Harris was injured for a good part of the season, missing 5 games and rarely playing at 100%. So it is a FACT to say that the talent level has improved dramatically from last year at inside linebacker. We also didn't have Jim Leonhard at SS last year. So the players who will be responsible for underneath coverage are basically completely different than the guys who were last year. That's a FACT.

We also have a totally different scheme. The Jets new defensive system is designed to punish teams for trying to go underneath. If you actually catch a pass there, one of the LBs or the SS will take your head off. The design is to force teams to throw to the outside and create opportunities for the CBs and FS to make plays on the ball. That is how the Ravens always generated a lot of takeaways under Ryan. This is a FACT.

So the FACTS do not back up your contention at all. Actually the reality is the opposite of your argument.

Actually it's not fair at all when you consider the FACTS.

We have different players at ILB. Bart Scott was not a Jet last year (do yourself a favor and check out Wes Welker's stats from when the Pats played the Ravens in '07, Scott was his worst nightmare that day) and Harris was injured for a good part of the season, missing 5 games and rarely playing at 100%. So it is a FACT to say that the talent level has improved dramatically from last year at inside linebacker. We also didn't have Jim Leonhard at SS last year. So the players who will be responsible for underneath coverage are basically completely different than the guys who were last year. That's a FACT.

We also have a totally different scheme. The Jets new defensive system is designed to punish teams for trying to go underneath. If you actually catch a pass there, one of the LBs or the SS will take your head off. The design is to force teams to throw to the outside and create opportunities for the CBs and FS to make plays on the ball. That is how the Ravens always generated a lot of takeaways under Ryan. This is a FACT.

So the FACTS do not back up your contention at all. Actually the reality is the opposite of your argument.

We havent played a game yet. So sorry, there arent any facts.

We havent played a game yet. So sorry, there arent any facts.

Actually, those are facts whether you like it or not.

Bart Scott was not a Jet last year - FACT.

David Harris played about 3 games at 100% last year and completely missed 5 - FACT.

Jim Leonhard was not a Jet last year - FACT.

The Jets have a different defensive scheme from last year - FACT.

The Jets new defense is designed to punish teams from trying to exploit underneath patterns - FACT.

I made no judgements as to how the Jets would play. I was simply completely tearing the a-hole out of your ridiculous contention that the Jets defense of a year ago had any bearing on how the Jets defense would play this year.

The FACTS prove your theory to be incorrect. Just be wrong and deal with it.

Schaub will probably be getting treatment twice a day on his leg prior to the game, so I don't think it will be that much of an issue. However, it will be great to see the best WR in the game in Andre Johnson go up against Revis.

Should be a good overall game.

Well, that's the thing. He isn't going to go up against Revis for the most part. Opposing teams will throw wherever Revis isn't, because the weak link to exploit is Justin Miller. I mean Lito Sheppard.

I can see the Jets winning this one in a squeaker.

Damn, was I ever WRONG, WRONG, WRONG in post #49! And I love being wrong! Wrong in the sense that I had no clue the Jets D would be that ferocious - other than Jenkins and Harris. Or cohesive, I should say. I was sure that Sheppard would be the rube to pick on, who wouldn't?! Sheppard shed his inner Justin Miller, so Revis' coverage of Andre Johnson, I almost wept. The fact is, the Texans had NOWHERE to go, so avoiding Revis and picking on Sheppard wasn't even a factor.

And how about Strickland? POW! The were all animals. I love animals. Especially wild dogs.

Damn, was I ever WRONG, WRONG, WRONG in post #49! And I love being wrong! Wrong in the sense that I had no clue the Jets D would be that ferocious - other than Jenkins and Harris. Or cohesive, I should say. I was sure that Sheppard would be the rube to pick on, who wouldn't?! Sheppard shed his inner Justin Miller, so Revis' coverage of Andre Johnson, I almost wept. The fact is, the Texans had NOWHERE to go, so avoiding Revis and picking on Sheppard wasn't even a factor.

And how about Strickland? POW! The were all animals. I love animals. Especially wild dogs.

Pack of wild dogs;)

Archived