Chiefs Cut Toomer...

Jaded Green

A guy like that would in theory be good for the Jets. A 4th receiver, veteran who brings some experience.

BUT the problem is that Smith and Wright are so valuable as special teamers. Would either of them do what Toomer did last year? Almost 60 catches for 600 yards, no way either of those guys do that...

But special teams are important so it, or a move like it, probably won't happen.

A guy like that would in theory be good for the Jets. A 4th receiver, veteran who brings some experience.

BUT the problem is that Smith and Wright are so valuable as special teamers. Would either of them do what Toomer did last year? Almost 60 catches for 600 yards, no way either of those guys do that...

But special teams are important so it, or a move like it, probably won't happen.

Toomer is an upgrade over Smith. And Toomer can definitely mentor Clowney and Stuckey.

I'm not so sure Toomer is an upgrade over anybody at this point. Did anybody notice how ****ty the Giants WR were Saturday night? They still elected not to keep Toomer around. The Chiefs are rebuilding, but I'm pretty sure they still have Bobby Engram and Ashley Lelie, two other old journeymen. Hell, I think the Chiefs still have Mark Bradley starting. They picked Bradley up in October last year. He had by far his best year and he still wasn't even as good as Stuckey in 2009.

Archived