***The OFFICIAL Jets vs. Eagles Discussion Thread***

InstantClassic

Clowney does good against stock clerks and beer delivery guys.

:D

The jury is still out on Clowney IMO. I think people instead of writing him off give him a little time to prove himself. Sure he looked god awful, but he's got 4 games that he'll be getting action....at least we're seeing something this week. Sure its against 2nd and 3rd stringers but at least he's showing he's capable of something.

I mean...what?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh My God, I just looked at ESPN NFL page, one of the headlines:

Dueling Browns' QBs Quinn, Anderson held out of game vs. (whoever)

THANK GOD MANGINA IS NOT HERE ANYMORE!!!!!!

What is a QB competition without QBs competing!?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA SORRY BROWNS FANS!

yeah, Ratty got the start. Friggin unbelievable.

He looks tired. But I don't think any OLB will ever play on this team without rotating at all through out a regular season game. He is definitely getting some serious playing time tonight.... and, it looks like it's paying off.

1. He's always around the action; he is really good at containing his target.

2. He has an effective bull-rush move... I hope Rex told him to keep the spin-move, and swim-move in his hidden bag of tricks for the regular season... As a strictly bull rush guy, he requires attention (1st qtr he was getting double teamed)

3. He still looks a bit slow, but nothing to worry about... once a guy is in his sights, he isn't breaking free, but he might get 8 yards... VG pursuit angle is very conservative.

4. He's had a sack, a near fumble recovery, and countless pressures. For being seemingly unmotivated, at least he's persistent.

5. He got ear-holed on a punt coverage... I think he just learned the hard way to keep his head on a swivel.

6. He seems to be learning from his mistakes...slowly but surely.

Great Points man!! Especially about keeping some of his moves in his back of tricks for the regular season. I believe in him whole heartedly, but definitely hope you're right about this.

He looks tired. But I don't think any OLB will ever play on this team without rotating at all through out a regular season game. He is definitely getting some serious playing time tonight.... and, it looks like it's paying off.

1. He's always around the action; he is really good at containing his target.

2. He has an effective bull-rush move... I hope Rex told him to keep the spin-move, and swim-move in his hidden bag of tricks for the regular season... As a strictly bull rush guy, he requires attention (1st qtr he was getting double teamed)

3. He still looks a bit slow, but nothing to worry about... once a guy is in his sights, he isn't breaking free, but he might get 8 yards... VG pursuit angle is very conservative.

4. He's had a sack, a near fumble recovery, and countless pressures. For being seemingly unmotivated, at least he's persistent.

5. He got ear-holed on a punt coverage... I think he just learned the hard way to keep his head on a swivel.

6. He seems to be learning from his mistakes...slowly but surely.

Thanks! I sure hope this guy can get us some sacks this year. We really need him.

The jury is still out on Clowney IMO. I think people instead of writing him off give him a little time to prove himself. Sure he looked god awful, but he's got 4 games that he'll be getting action....at least we're seeing something this week. Sure its against 2nd and 3rd stringers but at least he's showing he's capable of something.

I mean...what?

HAHAHA (I got that joke)

I mean...what?

:bwahaharoll:

awesome!

Alright Guys,

It's been a very fun night.

Sanchez is electrifying and perfect on his only drive for a TD

TJ hit the holes hard on his 2 carries (i think he had 2)

Referees were absolutely atrocious on our 1st defensive drive

Gholston's 1st sack & Good playing time in which he was very effective

Vick looks pretty terrible (I'm a dog owner)

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER 13th!!!!!!! 10 DAYS TIL WE START THIS GREAT RYAN CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!

I mean...what?

No, once you have gone on record as not liking someone, it is more important for you to be proven right than to hope the Jets have found a surprise who can actually help the team. :rolleyes:

Like I said several times, it is going to be a long and painful year for Clowney haters.

Bart was Bart. But Danny Woodhead---hoo boy! Sorry DLJ, but you'll need to reconsider your opinion of melatonin-challenged running backs. This pale little nugget can run.:)

BWHAHAHAHA

BTW Sanchez is assing out from what I've seen so far. That pump fake then bullet to my baby Kellah was a thing of beauty

Anyone else think we desperately need a better Punter, I mean, field position is going to be a HUGE part of this teams gameplan what with the rookie QB and lack of WR depth etc....but I mean Reggie Hodges used to BOOM punts and now all I see is 36 yard punts, they're disgusting!!!

He makes me miss Ben Graham. There has to be a better punter somewhere.

BWHAHAHAHA

BTW Sanchez is assing out from what I've seen so far. That pump fake then bullet to my baby Kellah was a thing of beauty

Sanchez to Keller is the key to this O's third-down conversion success this year. It's looked good so far. I think Rex naming Sanchez the starter has given him the confidence to step in and play with "swagger". Also. Ainge should be #2 and KC should be shopped for a #6 draft pick. JMO

Archived