I think Woodhead made the team tonight.....

JonEJet

Saw an interview with Ryan the other day, and they asked about Woodhead

Ryan said, "He;s got 3 studs ahead of him, but the kid has overcome bigger odds than that in his life"

Well, I think and hope he did because before today, don;t think he had much of a chance....he may have earned himself a roster spot with tonights performance

We'll see

Saw an interview with Ryan the other day, and they asked about Woodhead

Ryan said, "He;s got 3 studs ahead of him, but the kid has overcome bigger odds than that in his life"

Well, I think and hope he did because before today, don;t think he had much of a chance....he may have earned himself a roster spot with tonights performance

We'll see

I hope he makes it. He showed flashes, and if he's able to continue to learn from Washington maybe it'll be a four headed monster. Talk about fresh legs....

NASTY!

What about using him in a Wes Welker/Sproles kinda role? He only had one catch though all night, is he really good catching the ball too?
Hah, I almost started a 'Danny Woodhead, seriously?' thread last night, but I figured Thor99 would be on it. He's asleep at the wheel. Someone will do it, though. :P

I was cheering for him, but also cracking up while he was on his way to his first TD. Danny the Midget looked like a Jets booble head doll. I thought, "What does Pee Wee football have to do with this game? Didn't we just see this at HT? His helmet is bigger than his body!" It was great.

As good as Woodhead was last night, and as much as I really would like to see him make the team...does anyone think he could actually contribute anything to do this team in a real game?

I just don't see it. Valiant effort, but it was too little, too late, IMO.

Hah, I almost started a 'Danny Woodhead, seriously?' thread last night, but I figured Thor99 would be on it. He's asleep at the wheel. Someone will do it, though. :P

I was cheering for him, but also cracking up while he was on his way to his first TD. Danny the Midget looked like a Jets booble head doll. I thought, "What does Pee Wee football have to do with this game? Didn't we just see this at HT? His helmet is bigger than his body!" It was great.

i can just hear Cosell say

Look at that Little pecker run!!!:D

As good as Woodhead was last night, and as much as I really would like to see him make the team...does anyone think he could actually contribute anything to do this team in a real game?

I just don't see it. Valiant effort, but it was too little, too late, IMO.

As a backup to Leon and a ST maybe. It depends on whether or not we carry four RBs.

I would be shocked if Woodhead made the team.

If he goes to the practice squad another team will probably claim him anyway.

Yes it was nice to see, but he was running through holes that we criticize Thomas Jones for... he doesnt have breakaway speed or any sort of moves.

I wish the kid the best but there isnt a spot here for him.

I would be shocked if Woodhead made the team.

If he goes to the practice squad another team will probably claim him anyway.

Yes it was nice to see, but he was running through holes that we criticize Thomas Jones for... he doesnt have breakaway speed or any sort of moves.

I wish the kid the best but there isnt a spot here for him.

Gee - I have to disagree with you on him not having any moves. Did you seen him spin around and add about 6 yards to his run down near the goal line ? I though that was a beautiful move. I would love to see someone with his heart make our team. Kinda reminds me of another little guy that had heart and was a GREAT player for us. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about.

Gee - I have to disagree with you on him not having any moves. Did you seen him spin around and add about 6 yards to his run down near the goal line ? I though that was a beautiful move. I would love to see someone with his heart make our team. Kinda reminds me of another little guy that had heart and was a GREAT player for us. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about.

one move that wasnt too good at the end of a run... not enough. he looked like he was in slow motion making the pirouette.

if he had Leon's ability to cut and move he would make the team... but unfortunately he moves like a white guy. he hits the hole well. but he doesnt have breakaway speed, he cant cut too well and doesnt provide us with anything we dont already have.

Dont get me wrong.. I love the kid and was happy with his performance last night. But he needs to be evaluated against others and his performance as a whole... and he is 4th in line... and we dont need a 4th rb.

one move that wasnt too good at the end of a run... not enough. he looked like he was in slow motion making the pirouette.

if he had Leon's ability to cut and move he would make the team... but unfortunately he moves like a white guy. he hits the hole well. but he doesnt have breakaway speed, he cant cut too well and doesnt provide us with anything we dont already have.

Dont get me wrong.. I love the kid and was happy with his performance last night. But he needs to be evaluated against others and his performance as a whole... and he is 4th in line... and we dont need a 4th rb.

He definitely has some break away speed, not on Leon's level. But no one is on Leons level. But if you didn't see break away speed last night, you're blind.

He definitely has some break away speed, not on Leon's level. But no one is on Leons level. But if you didn't see break away speed last night, you're blind.

no i didnt see it and i watched the whole game. he kept pace with the beer delivery guys and the stock clerks, but no breakaway speed. he was lucky he had Thomas Jones holes to run through to make him look good. he doesnt have that extra gear you need when you're a small back.

no i didnt see it and i watched the whole game. he kept pace with the beer delivery guys and the stock clerks, but no breakaway speed. he was lucky he had Thomas Jones holes to run through to make him look good. he doesnt have that extra gear you need when you're a small back.

You don't average 8.8 yards on 18 carries without break away speed. Oh and two TD's.

Has Leon ever averaged that with that many carries?

yardage has nothing to do with breakaway speed. He never ran away from any defenders last night. he did keep pace with the 3rd stringers, but he never ran away from them.

There aren't many RB's in this league that can completely blow away defenders. His first TD run he broke away from everyone. He got touched at the end but that was a desperation dive that resulted in a fingertip shove.

There aren't many RB's in this league that can completely blow away defenders. His first TD run he broke away from everyone. He got touched at the end but that was a desperation dive that resulted in a fingertip shove.

JB- Im not trying to change you opinion on what you saw. You can be all happy and giddy about him.

I know what i watched and what I feel about Woodhead. He's a 4th stringer that we dont need and doesnt give us anything we dont already have.

You're not going to change my opinion. I respect you disagree with me. But we'll keep going around this circle all day and i really dont care to. but thanks for helping me waste some time at work.

JB- Im not trying to change you opinion on what you saw. You can be all happy and giddy about him.

I know what i watched and what I feel about Woodhead. He's a 4th stringer that we dont need and doesnt give us anything we dont already have.

You're not going to change my opinion. I respect you disagree with me. But we'll keep going around this circle all day and i really dont care to. but thanks for helping me waste some time at work.

In the history of internet forums, I don't think anyone's opinion on anything has ever been changed.

I know Woodheads the 4th string that we don't need. I know he'll most likely be cut. But it's hard to cut a guy who's worked as hard as he has and proved as much as he has. Those are the kind of guys you want on your team. If and when he's cut, it will probably be the hardest decision Rex ever had to make.

I was sitting right behind the bench last night and you could see every single Jet was pulling for that kid and was happy as hell to see him perform the way he did last night. It might have been because they knew it was his last hoo-rah, but that whole sideline was loving Danny last night.

In the history of internet forums, I don't think anyone's opinion on anything has ever been changed.

I know Woodheads the 4th string that we don't need. I know he'll most likely be cut. But it's hard to cut a guy who's worked as hard as he has and proved as much as he has. Those are the kind of guys you want on your team. If and when he's cut, it will probably be the hardest decision Rex ever had to make.

I was sitting right behind the bench last night and you could see every single Jet was pulling for that kid and was happy as hell to see him perform the way he did last night. It might have been because they knew it was his last hoo-rah, but that whole sideline was loving Danny last night.

mine was changed once. I thought Garb was a guy.

:Ban:

I wish the kid would make it. He has a lot of Chrebet in him.

understand that . but its not apples to apples. and until u have aapples to apples comparison u cant make woodhead vs leon comparisons

Agreed, I was just using Leon as an example of break away speed. You can't expect that kind of speed from everyone.

How many teams have more then 1 or 2 guys with break away speed?

All I'm saying is the kids been proving people wrong his whole life. He's not gonna give up now. He won't be on our practice squad for long. Someone will give this kid a shot.

Archived