Danny Woodhead Makes Final Roster

MikeJetsWord

Sorry man, this isn't really even a debatable subject.

Only if you're headed for the mental institute or drug/alcohol rehab. Then again, could drugs/alcohol make you that ****ed up to think Danny Woodhead is better than Thomas Jones?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I bitched and moaned all last year that they were only keeping 2 backs active each week. And as much as people want to run Thomas Jones out of town for no apparent reason, the rookie that everyone seems to love (Shonn Greene) is hurt. He has very little playing time in his first pre-season.

So Woodhead is probably on the roster until Greene is ready to be active. I am all far arm chair QB'ing and all but take a deep breath everyone. Exhale every once in awhile.

I disagree Woodhead will stay on roster might not play alot or at all but if he gets released some team will pick him up. The rest of the people the jets released are nothing and I dont think anyone of them will be on another team. they all will be on PS and we can pick them up if someone gets hurt...

That may be Jones' rep but that wasn't what he did last year. He had a solid season. And anyway you slice it, if you give Jones 100 carries behind the same OLine as Woodhead who also gets 100 carries; Thomas would have far superior numbers.

Sorry man, this isn't really even a debatable subject.

I dont think the numbers will be FAR superior. I think he will have better numbers but not by much. Jones will have alot more TDs then Woodhead but Woodhead would have more catches/yards.

I disagree Woodhead will stay on roster might not play alot or at all but if he gets released some team will pick him up. The rest of the people the jets released are nothing and I dont think anyone of them will be on another team. they all will be on PS and we can pick them up if someone gets hurt...

Let me start by saying that I am rooting for this kids. Stories like his are great. DII UDFA to I.R. to the 53 man roster, that is amazing. I don't think he looked that good until the last game. He was even caught from behind on his 55 yard run, he just happened to get pushed into the end zone.

Also -- he probably won't be himself until next season. He had a pretty bad injury and just being healthy now is a good thing. But a lot of players have said they weren't 100% until that 2nd season.

If it wasn't for the Eagles game and he was cut, he would not have been picked up. Hopefully he gets a chance to show something in the first few weeks. He sounds like a great person and he is definitely easy to root for. I just don't agree that the Jets would be better off having

Shonn Greene

Leon Washington

Danny Woodhead

as their 3 options.

Thats the thing I hate the most just because he is white and short makes him horrible.

You made up your mind by just looking at him

Um, no actually, I've just seen nothing from him to think he will become something. He has heart, great. He ran the ball well against the guys the Eagles cut today or will use on Special Teams this season. Great. What else has he done? He's done nothing special in my eyes. What he did against the Eagles does not warrant a roster spot on the Jets.

Trust me, I love to see white players succeed. Woodhead will not be one of them.

Um, no actually, I've just seen nothing from him to think he will become something. He has heart, great. He ran the ball well against the guys the Eagles cut today or will use on Special Teams this season. Great. What else has he done? He's done nothing special in my eyes. What he did against the Eagles does not warrant a roster spot on the Jets.

Trust me, I love to see white players succeed. Woodhead will not be one of them.

What players do you believe should've made it over him on the team?

He's a waste of a roster spot. So? Can't you guys relate--the little engine that could earned his spot. He's a great story and a joy to watch. I know he's not the player that's going to take us to the promised land. But we aren't going to the promised land this season, with or without him. Let's enjoy the story and root for the tough little bastard. I know the rest of the roster is enjoying his success--he was swarmed by teammates after his big runs and, in the end, that's a morale boost for the entire team. This is, after all, a team sport, a fan-driven sport, and one we all enjoy because we want to back a winner. Whether the Jets win or not, we can look at Danny Woodhead, a quintessential long-shot, and smile because he gave his guts and made the roster even though he's no taller than my ballsack. Appreciate these things once in a while. Life is too short to dream of rare Superbowls when there are so many satisfying surprises to enjoy along the way.

Let me start by saying that I am rooting for this kids. Stories like his are great. DII UDFA to I.R. to the 53 man roster, that is amazing. I don't think he looked that good until the last game. He was even caught from behind on his 55 yard run, he just happened to get pushed into the end zone.

Also -- he probably won't be himself until next season. He had a pretty bad injury and just being healthy now is a good thing. But a lot of players have said they weren't 100% until that 2nd season.

If it wasn't for the Eagles game and he was cut, he would not have been picked up. Hopefully he gets a chance to show something in the first few weeks. He sounds like a great person and he is definitely easy to root for. I just don't agree that the Jets would be better off having

Shonn Greene

Leon Washington

Danny Woodhead

as their 3 options.

not this year, but maybe next year. Keep in mind TJ's age, and what happened to CMart (who TJ only wishes he could come close to) the year after he won the rushing title with 1,700 yards in 04?

I asked that question in one of these threads today. Does anyone think one of the 2 wr's that were cut showed any more promise than Woodhead did? Having 2-3 crap wr's does not equal one good wr.

Wooodhead looked like sh*t against the starters in the previous preseason games, but he rushes for 150 + yrds against scrubs who will be working in Walmart this season and he makes the team? Whatever.

Wooodhead looked like sh*t against the starters in the previous preseason games, but he rushes for 150 + yrds against scrubs who will be working in Walmart this season and he makes the team? Whatever.

Damn you Woodhead for not being able to run against the Ravens, lol.

Lol, of the players that were cut, who brings more to the table and showed more promise?

Don't be racist.

lol, kinda crazy to think that i guy could get a job (or into college etc) just because the color of his skin huh?

You guys have such thin skin, Im not being racist, Im only going off what you guys have said. You're telling me the fact that hes a white guy in a blk dominated position doesnt make him appealing? Did you guys not compare him to Chrebet? Did you guys not call him "Whitey" in the game threads? :rolleyes:

I didnt say it with malicious intent. If it makes you all feel better to label me a racist then wtf-ever.

I think Max's point is very reasonable. This kid didn't make the roster because we're planning on using him all season. He's on the roster because Shonn Greene is hurt. How comfortable to you feel going into Houston with, potentially, just Jones and Leon Washington healthy, and Leon returning kicks to boot?

This isn't a "feel-good story". It's a business decision, and a smart one. Rex Ryan likes having THREE active RB's to choose from.

He will be off the roster as soon as Greene is 100 % healthy (likely week 2).

Would you like him if he were black, DLJ? Its okay if you're racist. I have some racist friends, I won't think of you any less. We are all here for you. JN is a family that cares.

I don't like him period, he f^cking sucks. Black, White, yellow or ****ing green. He's a waste of a roster spot. All that other sh*t you typed Im disregarding. Yeah Im such a ****ing racist/redneck. :rolleyes:

The f^ck ever man.

You guys have such thin skin, Im not being racist, Im only going off what you guys have said. You're telling me the fact that hes a white guy in a blk dominated position doesnt make him appealing? Did you guys not compare him to Chrebet? Did you guys not call him "Whitey" in the game threads? :rolleyes:

I didnt say it with malicious intent. If it makes you all feel better to label me a racist then wtf-ever.

I don't think you're a racist, your just being realistic, obviously. White or black or orange, Danny is too small to last very long in this league (he's already had a concussion). Here's the HOWEVER, though. If Vernon Goulston gets a starting spot simply because he's expensive, then why can't a little running back win a backup job for working ten times harder and showing ten times the production? He'll be on this team for less than a month. Why hate him?

DLJ's going off the deep-end on this one. Read what Max posted and do what he said....take a deep breath.

Again, Woodhead will be gone week 2 when Greene gets fully healthy. We won't be carrying 4 active RB's this season.

He could be one of the 8 inactives for all 16 games. Just sayin'.

I don't like him period, he f^cking sucks. Black, White, yellow or ****ing green. He's a waste of a roster spot. All that other sh*t you typed Im disregarding. Yeah Im such a ****ing racist/redneck. :rolleyes:

The f^ck ever man.

im a redneck. you dont have to be racist to be a redneck.

Archived