Danny Woodhead Makes Final Roster

MikeJetsWord

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He could be one of the 8 inactives for all 16 games. Just sayin'.

Yeah, that's certainly POSSIBLE. Ultimately, I think Rex is just being more "safe than sorry" on this one. I wouldn't feel at all comfortable with Jones, Washington, and a questionable Greene heading into Houston.

I wonder if he'll see any carries.

You guys carry on with your Woodhead circle jerk. I will be the first one to eat crow if he does do something this year, but until then I still think the midget is a waste.

I think he's a waste too, doesn't mean I'm not going to root for him if by chance he sees action. But 99.99% sure he won't see any action.

You guys carry on with your Woodhead circle jerk. I will be the first one to eat crow if he does do something this year, but until then I still think the midget is a waste.

Continue ignoring reason, DLJ. I will eat crow as soon as Danny Woodhead remains on this roster beyond week 4.

DLJ's going off the deep-end on this one. Read what Max posted and do what he said....take a deep breath.

Again, Woodhead will be gone week 2 when Greene gets fully healthy. We won't be carrying 4 active RB's this season.

Thanks.

People get too carried away with the total # by position. Back when you had 45 (or whatever the total was) players and the I.R. was a 4 week thing, it was different. Right now you are managing the roster off of that 53.

They probably know Greene is out the first week or more. If he sat as the entire pre-season I don;t think he is going to be ready week one. So Woodhead is plan b.

Seems like a simple concept to me. Just be happy for the guy. If he lays an egg then so be it. Cheer for the team Jets fans, it is okay to do that. We are fans...

A 6th wideout, when we have no clear cut #2, would be nice.

That I disagree with. Totally.

If Allison doesn't get hurt, then another position gets impacted. Either DB, LB or RB. But with Allison getting hurt there is no reason to reach for another average Wideout just to have 6 at the position.

I think he's a waste too, doesn't mean I'm not going to root for him if by chance he sees action. But 99.99% sure he won't see any action.

Do you really think Im going to root against him? I will NEVER root against anyone wearing White & Green. I might not agree with them being on the team but Im not one of those people that will purposely root against a player because of my personal opinion. Im a JETS fan first, personnel fan second, As long as he's on the team I will root for him. Do I agree with him making the team, not really.

Im with Un Deux quatre here, a WR wouldve been nice. Any WR since that is such a glaring need.

Yes, they should have done the create a player like in Madden and made him a WR with an overall rating of 99.

These players don't grow on trees. Picking up a WR that doesn't know this playbook right now does the team no good for week one. And that is the immediate future here. They need help at RB so Woodhead made the team.

You guys have such thin skin, Im not being racist, Im only going off what you guys have said. You're telling me the fact that hes a white guy in a blk dominated position doesnt make him appealing? Did you guys not compare him to Chrebet? Did you guys not call him "Whitey" in the game threads? :rolleyes:

I didnt say it with malicious intent. If it makes you all feel better to label me a racist then wtf-ever.

None of my posts had anything to do with his color, i never mentioned it.

Let's not forget, the kid was the NCAA all-time all-division leading rusher. Also, it may have been a preseason game, and it may have been against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but he rushed for the second highest amount of yards in nfl preseason history. A lot of great nfl players have played in the preseason, and none but one rushed for more than him in that game. If you don't think any of that is reason enough to keep the guy around and give him a shot at the 4th rb position instead of taking a garbage 6th wr or an extra fullback who will never see the field when the starting fb doesn't even see a hole hell of a lot of pt, then you have to explain why he doesn't deserve a roster spot, and "he sucks, he's too small" isn't nearly a good enough excuse because he is playing with full sized nfl players and getting it done so far.

your a little liquored up, aint ya? God knows I am. But I;m in the "I love everybody" state of liquored up. Whereas you're in the "I'll kick your ass", "no, wait, I love you--you gonna finish that?" state of liquored up. Either way, good times, DLJ. Good times.

danny woodhead rules

:yawn:

yeah Woodhead is gonna make a world of difference.

Week 1 vs. Houston:

Thomas Jones

Leon Washington (RB and KR)

Shonn Greene -- OUT

Yes, I would say Woodhead being there for insurance would INDEED make a world of difference. Certainly more than your unnamed 6th WR you want on the roster.

Week 1 vs. Houston:

Thomas Jones

Leon Washington (RB and KR)

Shonn Greene -- OUT

Yes, I would say Woodhead being there for insurance would INDEED make a world of difference. Certainly more than your unnamed 6th WR you want on the roster.

You've made your ****ing point, no need to harangue me any further.

your a little liquored up, aint ya? God knows I am. But I;m in the "I love everybody" state of liquored up. Whereas you're in the "I'll kick your ass", "no, wait, I love you--you gonna finish that?" state of liquored up. Either way, good times, DLJ. Good times.

danny woodhead rules

Im 100% sober, i think it's a problem.

A 6th wideout, when we have no clear cut #2, would be nice.

right because a crappy #5 and a crappy #6 = a #2??

IF a guy didn't show crap why would you keep him just because you are week at the position? It isn't like we are gonna run 5 wr to make up for not having a good 1/2 combination of wr's. Woodhead looke good, he looked better at his position than those wr's looked at theirs. Every team has t very solid backs and a capable 3rd, it is how the league is going these days. We have an old back at the tail end of his contract, a young back who we need to pay a ton of money to, and a rookie who has been in the garage all preseason, woodhead is good cheap insurance for this year and next with the renegotiation of Leon and the likelyhood of cutting TJ. None of those cut wr's brings that kind of utility. Besides, this kid could probably do whatever that 6th wr would have done for this team anyway.

Hell yeah it's a problem. To hell with these guys. Let's me and you toss back a few and start arguing! Buzzed, I'm way unreasonable but kinda cute in a sad, three-legged-dog kinda way.

Im not a heavy drinker. I drink alcohol and all i wanna do is sleep. It's weird. i dont get feisty or tell all my deep dark secrets. Im a lame drunk. I also hate hangovers.:(

Im not a heavy drinker. I drink alcohol and all i wanna do is sleep. It's weird. i dont get feisty or tell all my deep dark secrets. Im a lame drunk. I also hate hangovers.:(

I'm exactly the same way, except I can't sleep, I once strangled a guy in a drunken rage and I'm secretly in love with my sister's ex-husband. Wait. What were we talking about again? Doesn't matter.

I think Woodhead sticks for the season and is used as a slot type receiver in some 3rd down situations.This kid has great hands,not good,but great!! I watched some training camp practices in Cortland and he is a very good receiver in the slot.Reminds me of a short kid in New England named Wes Welker.........:)

Oh and by the way, if you really hate the fact that this kid is on the team, don't hate him. Hate the Head coach that you all seem to be in love with. To say the kid sucks is completely ridiculous. He earned his spot, a decision made by Rex, not Woodhead.

For the record I love what Rex has done so far. Love that Woodhead, a guy who has busted his ass more then anyone at TC made this team. He's the type of guy you go to war with.

You guys have such thin skin, Im not being racist, Im only going off what you guys have said. You're telling me the fact that hes a white guy in a blk dominated position doesnt make him appealing? Did you guys not compare him to Chrebet? Did you guys not call him "Whitey" in the game threads? :rolleyes:

I didnt say it with malicious intent. If it makes you all feel better to label me a racist then wtf-ever.

Now you know how I feel when I say something about blacks or Latins.

Archived