Kerry Rhodes on Twitter: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back in the day the bottom of the spiral was open, and people would throw money down there to draw out people to get it. A bunch of kids, and some dipsh$t adults, would then run through the bottom of the spiral to pick it up, at which point it would rain beer, and some spit, down on them.

Gladiator!

If they hadn't put up the gates at the bottom to stop this, I might have never quit smoking, as this display was usually more entertaining than the game itself.

PFT:

Kerry Rhodes fails to deliver

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2009 3:42 PM ET

Jets safety Kerry Rhodes created a buzz recently on Twitter, hinting at "a big announcement."

In the end, it was merely an announcement.

We won't mention what it was specifically. It was a stupid marketing ploy, and we decline to help spread the word for something for which the Jets are getting paid.

So here's the rule of thumb going forward. Whenever anyone promises via Twitter that some type of major announcement is coming, assume that you're being set up for a major disappointment.

Or, better yet, just ignore it.

I hope Kerry's embarrassed. This was seriously lame. You really need to live up to your hype if you're going to screw with the fans like that.

i honestly don't care enough but back when it was a big story there were numerous women claiming they got chastized and spit on for not complying. but here's a link to one of the news stories......one woman getting spit on and having a beer bottle thrown at her is one too many. i'm sure she wasn't the only one.

http://wcbstv.com/local/jets.giants.stadium.2.592439.html

That is a total lie, I was at that game, and saw that chick in her steelers jersey, and her douche husband who was there egging her on to get the crowd going. She walked right up to the railing and started teasing like she was gonna show them. I even have a picture or two of her on my old phone.

Don't go believing everything you read.

PFT:

Kerry Rhodes fails to deliver

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2009 3:42 PM ET

Jets safety Kerry Rhodes created a buzz recently on Twitter, hinting at "a big announcement."

In the end, it was merely an announcement.

We won't mention what it was specifically. It was a stupid marketing ploy, and we decline to help spread the word for something for which the Jets are getting paid.

So here's the rule of thumb going forward. Whenever anyone promises via Twitter that some type of major announcement is coming, assume that you're being set up for a major disappointment.

Or, better yet, just ignore it.

I hope Kerry's embarrassed. This was seriously lame. You really need to live up to your hype if you're going to screw with the fans like that.

I really doubt he is embarrassed man, it was kind of funny actually. I think that anyone with common sense knew that it wasn't a trade or anyting like that because it would have been somewhere else. (aka ESPN, or another reliable source) I mean look at the discounts they are giving us Jet fans! That really does make it a Big Announcement because now we get all these great discounts! But seriously though Mangold was in on the joke too, I know everyone was disapointted but it was actually a good prank.

Archived