Kerry Rhodes on Twitter: MERGED

SoFlaJets

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(me reading from a script in monotone)

Hello, everyone. I like the Jets. I like Mark Sanchez. I like Rex Ryan.

I really do.

(turning to Max) Anything else?

That will be all for now. Just wipe your chin off and let's call it a day. :-P

From HolyJoe...

Posted by A. Greenbaum On September - 7 - 2009

Thanks to all those that sent this to me, I have not confirmed but received this from about twenty people. Could this mean a partnership between the Jets and JetBlue Airlines or naming rights on the new stadium?

JETBLUE AIRWAYS AND NEW YORK JETS TO REVEAL

DETAILS OF MAJOR PARTNERSHIP

EDITORS NOTE: DETAILS ABOUT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT ARE EMBARGOED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 8.

WHAT: JetBlue Airways and the New York Jets will hold a press conference to reveal the details of an exciting new partnership.

WHO: Dave Barger JetBlue Airways CEO

Robin Hayes JetBlue Airways Executive Vice President, Commercial

Woody Johnson New York Jets Chairman & CEO

Matt Higgins New York Jets Executive Vice President, Business Operations

Joe Namath New York Jets Hall of Fame Quarterback

Marty Lyons New York Jets Former Defensive Tackle

Wayne Chrebet New York Jets Former Wide Receiver

WHEN: Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1:15 p.m. ET (arrive early to allow time to pass through TSA screening)

WHERE: John F. Kennedy International Airport

Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 12:10 PM ET

After more than 12 hours of silence on his Twitter page, which had folks buzzing over hints that receiver Brandon Marshall could be heading from Denver to New York, Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says that he wasn't referring to the potential trade for Marshall when promising a "big announcement" on Sunday night.

We think.

Rhodes posted, and then deleted, a tweet indicating that a trade for Marshall wasn't the big news to which he was referring. But the deleted tweet added that the trade for Marshall "may happen."

(Though he also posted, as some of you have pointed out in the comments, that the big news isn't that a Marshall trade, the point here -- for those of you who were unable to comprehend the prior paragraph and who likely won't comprehend this parenthetical, either -- is that Rhodes tweeted that Marshall wasn't the big news to which Rhodes was referring, that the Marshall trade "may happen," and that Rhodes thereafter deleted the tweet.)

Rhodes now says on his Twitter page: "everyone the news will b mad 2morrow and if you really are a JET fan you will appreciate the news!"

He then reiterated the news is coming Tuesday: "it will b told tommorow seriously i wont lie to my fans and fans of the jets."

Already, it sounds like we're all in for a letdown on this one.

Unless Rhodes deleted the other tweet because a trade for Marshall still might happen.

Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 12:10 PM ET

After more than 12 hours of silence on his Twitter page, which had folks buzzing over hints that receiver Brandon Marshall could be heading from Denver to New York, Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says that he wasn't referring to the potential trade for Marshall when promising a "big announcement" on Sunday night.

We think.

Rhodes posted, and then deleted, a tweet indicating that a trade for Marshall wasn't the big news to which he was referring. But the deleted tweet added that the trade for Marshall "may happen."

(Though he also posted, as some of you have pointed out in the comments, that the big news isn't that a Marshall trade, the point here -- for those of you who were unable to comprehend the prior paragraph and who likely won't comprehend this parenthetical, either -- is that Rhodes tweeted that Marshall wasn't the big news to which Rhodes was referring, that the Marshall trade "may happen," and that Rhodes thereafter deleted the tweet.)

Rhodes now says on his Twitter page: "everyone the news will b mad 2morrow and if you really are a JET fan you will appreciate the news!"

He then reiterated the news is coming Tuesday: "it will b told tommorow seriously i wont lie to my fans and fans of the jets."

Already, it sounds like we're all in for a letdown on this one.

Unless Rhodes deleted the other tweet because a trade for Marshall still might happen.

"If you are really a Jets fan you'll appreciate the news?" "Appreciate" sounds less than blockbuster.

PUH-LEEEEEZE. Someone needs to slap Kerry.

It is SO obvious that KR was a merely having a little fun alluding that this big Jets announcement (knowing full well that fans would assume it) had something to do with Brandon Marshall.

But giving Leon his cash, for example, would be/should be just as big or even bigger announcement than trading for Brandon Marshall and Jets fans would truly appreciate it, no?

By carefully parsing his original twitt/tweet (what is the singular form?) I have concluded it is the deal with Jet Blue.

He twitted/tweeted, "jet fans expect a big announcement coming soon lol"

Note the absences of the the letter "s" at the end of the first word. The team's name is "Jets." People who root for a football team in New Jersey not named the Giants are called "Jets fans" not "jet fans."

"Jet fans" are people who like aircraft that do not have props in the front but rear facing engines.

This is a big announcement for aviation fans.

:)

By carefully parsing his original twitt/tweet (what is the singular form?) I have concluded it is the deal with Jet Blue.

Note the absences of the the letter "s" at the end of the first word. The team's name is "Jets." People who root for a football team in New Jersey not named the Giants are called "Jets fans" not "jet fans."

"Jet fans" are people who like aircraft that do not have props in the front but rear facing engines.

Well, hold on there.. think about this a bit deeper...

So if the stadium is named JET BLUE stadium... that would make both teams fans happy.

BINGO... GWAGH is the winner!!! lol

I was half joking in the Kerry Rhodes thread but what's the possibility that the deal with Jet Blue has something to do with the name of the new stadium..

it would make sense for both teams JET and BLUE and would satisfy both fan bases.

Maybe not but I'm just thinking out loud.

I was half joking in the Kerry Rhodes thread but what's the possibility that the deal with Jet Blue has something to do with the name of the new stadium..

it would make sense for both teams JET and BLUE and would satisfy both fan bases.

Maybe not but I'm just thinking out loud.

I don't think so. The Giants would be involved in that sort of announcement. All I've seen is a partnership with Jetblue/NY Jets

I think it would be near impossible for Jet Blue to afford an NFL stadium endorsement.

discount airlines in a bad economy does not add up to 25 year deal worth 500 mill or whatever

I would have predicted WS bank, but they really don't want to tell congress why they needed to spend all the taxpayer money on a sign, so I think it will be a NJ based pharma company

LOL @jets fans

Sitting at home on a beautiful holiday day reading tweets... fml

Lets see... my wife is working today since its hard to get a day off at the hospital and my son is 3 months old.

Other than doing laundry, getting ready for an evening BBQ when my wife gets off work, watching sports and playings with a 3 month old what else is there for me to do? ;) Your in your 20s and single and your ass is online making comments about my married with baby ASS being online. :Nuts:

On the one hand, it sounds more and more unbelievable every minute.

On the other hand, if this was all a joke or if it was in reference to Jet Blue than Kerry is a tremendous moron. What do I do with my labor day weekend? Hmmmmm, how about piss off thousands of my fans?

Kerry Rhodes has no fans. My least favorite Jet.

Did you just post on JET Nation that Jet fans are into planes, not football? :winking0001:

Archived