PC or Macbook pro???

Pragmatic Bus

PC or Mac  

1 member has voted

1. 1. PC or Mac

Neither, wait they both have substantial improvements on the horizon... wait it out and see what will be the best value after everything settles...

That is like a dog chasing its tail. There will ALWAYS be something new around the corner, you end up waiting forever for something new or something to get cheaper, meanwhile you miss out on all the value and utility of having it now to use.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any major new improvements that are going to come in the next few weeks that it really matters to hold off. As for usb3, no big deal really, I am sure he can wait until his next computer to catch up with that.

I of course vote mac. Apple does usually announce new stuff in january right after the holidays. If you are in no hurry or don't need to buy then you could wait until then, if you want it now then go for it, you will love it. Other than one poster on this board, I have not heard of anyone having buyers remorse over buying a mac, the same DEFINITELY can not be said for windows. But I am sure ecurb will have something to say contrary, lol.

wats the difference between a Macbook and Macbook Pro

Better performance. A better graphics card, firewire 800, etc, the aluminum unibody. I would probably not consider the 13inch macbookpro as it is very close to the cheaper macbook. My brother has a macbook pro and he records his band, does some video editing for youtube and random other stuff. My sister has a macbook and uses it mostly for facebook and the internet. They both love them. It really comes down to the things you want to do with it. For general web surfing the macbook is fine.

Usually more power (processor, video) and a couple of 100 dollars. For your needs, I say go for the Macbook remember you can still run Windows on it if you chose too.

Better performance. A better graphics card, firewire 800, etc, the aluminum unibody. I would probably not consider the 13inch macbookpro as it is very close to the cheaper macbook. My brother has a macbook pro and he records his band, does some video editing for youtube and random other stuff. My sister has a macbook and uses it mostly for facebook and the internet. They both love them. It really comes down to the things you want to do with it. For general web surfing the macbook is fine.

Thankyou folks. you have been repped!

I have the macbook pro.. use it for illustrating and graphic design (Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign etc).. LOVE IT!

I just love the mac OS.. I get giddy over aesthetic bells and whistles. lol

Which MBP? I have an older Core duo and I love it, but might be looking to sell it. Have you tried Snow Leopard yet?

You know what I think I might get the macbook pro 15 inch. I'll be broke afterwards but you can't put a price on happiness.

ps. should I get the free I touch promotion?

I thought that was for students? and only with a Macbook? I say go for it if you can. Even if you don't use the iTouch, sell it. I soooo want a new Macbook pro LOL

I don't want to pirate it. I was just hoping maybe i'll get it cheaper through another site.

Check out iWork, it's Apple (cheaper) alternative to Office, I don't know how heavy of a user you are of Office but iWork gets great reviews from Mac pple. Openoffice too....

Archived