Reggie Bush calls out Mark Sanchez via.Twitter

Vudu

Did they tweet sh*t like this under Mangini?

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Tweeter wasn't nearly the phenomena in 2008 as it is currently. True?

It's become much bigger this year.

Mangini has outlawed it for his players. I think that's a smart move.

Twitter is an amazing tool. People who blast it, generally don't understand it. I don't mean that just to you GOB, but I see it a lot. It is a good tool for a variety of "real world" purposes. More than just the "I am on the porch" kind of updates.

OK I'll bite. What are they? The real world purposes that is?

I use social networking like LinkedIn for business and that is a tremendous tool. For graphic artists and developers, ok facebook/myspace I get the purpose there. Twitter to me is only relevant for entertainment purposes, publicist statements, people who need to be in the know about their favorite artist or whatever...but any of the social networking sites can do that. What is so special about twitter? Seems the functionality is weak comapred to other sites and it also seems very limited by it's design. Other than someone being able to communicate to a specific fanbase (which can also be done with any other site or email in real time), what makes it so special.

I use social networking like LinkedIn for business and that is a tremendous tool. For graphic artists and developers, ok facebook/myspace I get the purpose there. Twitter to me is only relevant for entertainment purposes, publicist statements, people who need to be in the know about their favorite artist or whatever...but any of the social networking sites can do that. What is so special about twitter? Seems the functionality is weak comapred to other sites and it also seems very limited by it's design. Other than someone being able to communicate to a specific fanbase (which can also be done with any other site or email in real time), what makes it so special.

You are right, any social network or blog can out do twitter.

However, Twitter allows you to get all these updates in one place. You don't have to jump from site to site, profile to profile.

The other real advantages to Twitter is, it's easy to build a following and fast, and you can pretty much automate it with the right API.

I am no Reggie Bush fan, but it seems like he was obviously just ribbing a fellow USC alum.

Let's not all turn into sensitive vaginas.

Besides, there is no way Reggie would talk **** on the Jets knowing that we have Bart Scott, who once threatened to "put hot sauce" on his ankle.

I use linkedin and like it a lot for business purposes. BUT you are limited to your connections or your groups.

The power of twitter is in real time search. For business purposes, if you are doing a trade show you have an instant way to communicate with people at that show. If you are at any event the same is true.

You can share content instantly to more than just your followers. Real time search is the power of twitter.

I am no Reggie Bush fan, but it seems like he was obviously just ribbing a fellow USC alum.

Let's not all turn into sensitive vaginas.

Besides, there is no way Reggie would talk **** on the Jets knowing that we have Bart Scott, who once threatened to "put hot sauce" on his ankle.

Agreed people take things they read on the internet way too seriously.

Archived