Yankees Magic Number Watch

DaBrick Wall

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How important is home field advantage to the Yankees in the playoffs this season? What do you guys think?

Yankees are 46-20 at home this season. They are a dominant force at Yankee stadium. Home field is very important.

How important is home field advantage to the Yankees in the playoffs this season? What do you guys think?

I think it is very important. The Yankees are awful in Anaheim. 18-26 since 2000. I have a hard time believing that the Yankees can win a seventh game in that ballpark. Too many bad memories.

Then again the Red Sox will probably take the Angels out.

what did Crazy Carl do in his post in this thread that deserved the response from JG?

He asked a question. The response he received was inappropriate.

First of all Lil Bit, I did quit it like 12 hours before your post.

Good thing you came to the rescue. ;)

What about my post did not have to do with home field advantages?

What did I call him, clown show? He was spinning like a top in multiple threads.

If what I did was so over the top, I'll tell max to ban me again, and get it over with.

what did Crazy Carl do in his post in this thread that deserved the response from JG?

He asked a question. The response he received was inappropriate.

All he does is insult the new Yankee stadium in an attempt to belittle the Yankee accomplishments this year. Oh it's not the Yankees are good their new stadium is a joke and a bandbox. This can get annoying when the team he roots for plays in the most gimmicky stadium in the league. If it were you questioning about the effects and advantages of home field in the playoffs and how much of an effect it has on the outcome of the game. It would be a nice discussion. That isn't what CC was after. He was looking for an excuse to insult the Yankees and their stadium. Act a certain way the majority of the times and people will assume you are always acting that way.

For the record here is how I replied to him when he posted some substance and not all spin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonEJet viewpost.gif

What do the Yanks have to prove that they haven't all season

They are the best team in baseball

They have the most World Championships in sport

I think all other teams have alot to prove....like a team fighting it out to make the playoffs

Get ready to watch the spin fly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40 viewpost.gif

They are the best team in baseball, as their record indicates. They don't give out a regular season championship though.

The Yankees have to prove that they can win in the postseason, which is a completely different beast than the 162 game marathon.

All of the other teams have the exact same things to prove as the Yankees. Every team has question marks. No team is perfect and flawless. I just think it's a bit premature to be claiming the trophy in August and September.

Actually that was not too bad, I'll take this one back.

First of all Lil Bit, I did quit it like 12 hours before your post.

Good thing you came to the rescue. ;)

What about my post did not have to do with home field advantages?

What did I call him, clown show? He was spinning like a top in multiple threads.

If what I did was so over the top, I'll tell max to ban me again, and get it over with.

i figured you went to bed.

I dont care what anyone does in other threads. In this thread he asked a question and in response you attacked him. Thats not cool to me. Attack him in the threads where he's an ass, dont carry it over to every other thread.

Why do you like the trolls more than you like the regular posters? The people who intentionally push buttons are just as much to blame as the people who react wrongly.

Wasn't it you who extolled how well you could push people's buttons in order to get them banned? Didn't you have some type of success rate that you were all proud of?

All he does is insult the new Yankee stadium in an attempt to belittle the Yankee accomplishments this year. Oh it's not the Yankees are good their new stadium is a joke and a bandbox. This can get annoying when the team he roots for plays in the most gimmicky stadium in the league. If it were you questioning about the effects and advantages of home field in the playoffs and how much of an effect it has on the outcome of the game. It would be a nice discussion. That isn't what CC was after. He was looking for an excuse to insult the Yankees and their stadium. Act a certain way the majority of the times and people will assume you are always acting that way.

I am really not sure if a Stadium can feel insulted.

It is the fans of the team that play in that Stadium that seem to get uppity.

Gimmicky is when a stadium is designed to have quirks (see sh!tty field). Fenway is not a gimmicky stadium, it was designed around the area. so we can drop that crap now.

i figured you went to bed.

I dont care what anyone does in other threads. In this thread he asked a question and in response you attacked him. Thats not cool to me. Attack him in the threads where he's an ass, dont carry it over to every other thread.

I responded, and he spun it in this thread, before I called him a clown show, but whatever.

And Billion dollar stadiums became in vogue, what, 5 months ago?
What does that have to do with anything?

Like it would take a billion dollars to build a stadium that resembles something from this century and does not rely on a 40 ft wall to make it work.

It's not like they are the only stadium with one, it's not like doubles off that wall and HR's would be outs in most other stadiums. :rolleyes:

What does that have to do with anything?

Like it would take a billion dollars to build a stadium that resembles something from this century and does not rely on a 40 ft wall to make it work.

It's not like they are the only stadium with one, it's not like doubles off that wall and HR's would be outs in most other stadiums. :rolleyes:

There is only one Billion dollar MLB stadium that I am aware of.

The Green Monster takes HR's away as well.

Both teams that play on that field play under the same conditions on any given night, same as Yankee Stadium.

There is only one Billion dollar MLB stadium that I am aware of.

The Green Monster takes HR's away as well.

Both teams that play on that field play under the same conditions on any given night, same as Yankee Stadium.

There's also only one 26 time champ.

The red sox play on that for half their games, and it's the only stadium anything like it. (the dollar amount has nothing to do with any of this)

That museum should be put to rest, one block stadiums are a thing of the past, and we all know how sox fans despise the past.

Archived