Yankees Magic Number Watch

DaBrick Wall

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't it you who extolled how well you could push people's buttons in order to get them banned? Didn't you have some type of success rate that you were all proud of?

No, I merely said that the only people I ever really got into it with were the people who were doing something that was ban worthy. I said tat if you looked at my track record at least 80% of the people I have had a problem with are no longer here. This site needs to be renamed strawmannation.

No, I merely said that the only people I ever really got into it with were the people who were doing something that was ban worthy. I said tat if you looked at my track record at least 80% of the people I have had a problem with are no longer here. This site needs to be renamed strawmannation.

I recall you getting into it with me ;)

Right, the whole world obviously views things this way.

Who's fault is it the number of years played are not the same?

So what you are saying is the Yankees have the most and for longer! :rl:

What I am saying is the most successful franchise, based on championship percentage is the Boston Celtics.

No one can argue that.

You can't win championships if you don't exist.

Just because you have been around longer, have had more opportunity to compile, does not make you the most successful in terms of percentage of opportunity.

Simple logic.

Yankees have the most championships. Celtics have the greatest percentage of championships based on years in existence.

No reason to get your panties in a bunch ;)

I recall you getting into it with me ;)

I don't recall that. Depends of your definition of getting into it. It will still not disprove what I said. Plus I thought it was just good old fashioned ball busting. Someone goes out of their way to bust my balls the least I can do is give them the reaction they were looking for. Keeps things fun :D

I don't recall that. Depends of your definition of getting into it. It will still not disprove what I said. Plus I thought it was just good old fashioned ball busting. Someone goes out of their way to bust my balls the least I can do is give them the reaction they were looking for. Keeps things fun :D

I could share a PM, but I won't.

I like you and you are a good poster and keep things lively. I just got under your skin ;)

What I am saying is the most successful franchise, based on championship percentage is the Boston Celtics.

No one can argue that.

Just because you have been around longer, have had more opportunity to compile, does not make you the most successful in terms of percentage of opportunity.

Simple logic.

Yankees have the most championships. Celtics have the greatest percentage of championships based on years in existence.

so the boston celtics and the new york yankees are both great teams. wow.

No one can argue that.

Simple logic.

I go commando. :Typotux:

OK well there is no way of knowing if the Celtics would have more or the same in the same amount of time.

The fact is the Yankees do have 26 in that amount of time and only the Montreal Canadiens are even close.

Many are going to view more as more successful, I give the Celtics credit, but IMO it takes more to win it all in most of the team sports, than it does to win it all in basketball.

On a side note The Canadiens have won at least once in every decade of their existence, except this one and they are over 100 years old.

This will be the last year to keep that string going as they have not won since 1993, and I don't think any other franchise can say they have done that.

I go commando. :Typotux:

OK well there is no way of knowing if the Celtics would have more or the same in the same amount of time.

The fact is the Yankees do have 26 in that amount of time and only the Montreal Canadiens are even close.

Many are going to view more as more successful, I give the Celtics credit, but IMO it takes more to win it all in the other 3 main sports, than it does to win it all in basketball.

On a side note The Canadiens have won at least once in every decade of their existence, except this one and they are over 100 years old.

This will be the last year to keep that string going as they have not won since 1993, and I don't think any other franchise can say they have done that.

To me, frequency of accomplishment (consistency) is the Hallmark to measurement.

That is me.

I will not be foolish enough to state how others view things, as you have done.

To me, frequency of accomplishment (consistency) is the Hallmark to measurement.

That is me.

I will not be foolish enough to state how others view things, as you have done.

Good for you.

So in the larger sample time frame, nobody has won it all more frequent than the Yanks. (consistency)

That would be the Hallmark to measurement for teams existing for the same time frame.

Not that a level playing field should matter or anything.

So in the larger sample time frame, nobody has won it all more frequent than the Yanks.

False, the Celtics have won more frequently than the Yanks.

62 years is a fairly substantial time frame.

Would you care to use only the 62 years that the Celtics have been a franchise? Your sample looks worse then.

You certainly can't punish the Celtics for not being established earlier.

The fact remains, no franchise has won more frequently than the Celtics. You can't dispute that.

As I mentioned earlier, you can use other measurements, but please stop disputing what is a fact.

False, the Celtics have won more frequently than the Yanks.

62 years is a fairly substantial time frame.

Would you care to use only the 62 years that the Celtics have been a franchise? Your sample looks worse then.

You certainly can't punish the Celtics for not being established earlier.

The fact remains, no franchise has won more frequently than the Celtics. You can't dispute that.

As I mentioned earlier, you can use other measurements, but please stop disputing what is a fact.

I'm not disputing that they won more in the shorter time frame, but at the same time you can't punish the Yanks for being around longer.

Again it's fact that the Yanks won 26 in their existance.

You can only speculate that the Celtics would have more, if they had been around as long, and if they will have more when they are around as long as Yankees are now.

I'm not disputing that they won more in the shorter time frame, but at the same time you can't punish the Yanks for being around longer.

Again it's fact that the Yanks won 26 in their existance.

You can only speculate that the Celtics would have more, if they had been around as long, and if they will have more when they are around as long as Yankees are now.

I am speculating nothing. Only stating fact. it is YOU who is speculating.

The idea that YOU call someone else "spin cycle" on this site, is rather comical, based on your exchange here.

I am speculating nothing. Only stating fact. it is YOU who is speculating.

The idea that YOU call someone else "spin cycle" on this site, is rather comical, based on your exchange here.

OK, what am I spinning?

What is the the Hallmark to measurement for teams existing for as long as the Yankees?

I did not ignore anything, when the Celtics win more than the Yankees have in less years, I'll precieve them as more successful over all.

So, if the Celtics had won more over a similar time frame, you would consider them more successful?

Shall we compare the first 62 years of each franchise? Would that be fair, based won what you have written here?

So, if the Celtics had won more over a similar time frame, you would consider them more successful?

Shall we compare the first 62 years of each franchise? Would that be fair, based won what you have written here?

No, why should we punish the Yankees for playing longer.

What's wrong with them having to win more total in less years?

Plus it's way harder to win the world series IMO, anyway.

It is not worth arguing with someone who can't even get the facts straight.

You are spinderella.

Fact-The Celtics have won the greatest frequency of championships in professional sports. That is all I have ever said here.

OK The Yankees won the most, and I see them as more succesful until someone wins more championships (26 as of now) in less years.

Scott. You are really splitting hairs here. The Yankees and Celtics percentages are awfully close to be making value judgments about them. It isn't a statistically significant difference.

24.07 vs 26.97

Which is pretty impressive seeing as how the Yankees would probably have to win 3 titles to move that number up a point where as every one the Celtics wins move it about 1.5-2 points.

Archived