A favor from fellow Jet fans

Iceman88

So I'm going to be driving cross country the first two weeks of the football season which should be sick. Unfortunately it also means I'm missing the first two Jet games of the season as I'm going to be in my car driving all day.

Now I've been on these forums long enough to not consider everyone else crazy internet stalkers and or murders so I have a favor to ask of Jetnation. Can one of you fine members please text me updates for the first two games? If anyone would be willing I'll PM them my phone number. You'd be helping out a fellow Jet fan big time.

So I'm going to be driving cross country the first two weeks of the football season which should be sick. Unfortunately it also means I'm missing the first two Jet games of the season as I'm going to be in my car driving all day.

Now I've been on these forums long enough to not consider everyone else crazy internet stalkers and or murders so I have a favor to ask of Jetnation. Can one of you fine members please text me updates for the first two games? If anyone would be willing I'll PM them my phone number. You'd be helping out a fellow Jet fan big time.

just find any sports bar where you are staying and ask them if they can put a jets game on for you. most bars have multiple games playing

just find any sports bar where you are staying and ask them if they can put a jets game on for you. most bars have multiple games playing

I'm going to be driving during the games and I'm going with two people who like to laugh at me for being a Jets fan so that plan isn't really going to work.

be careful while texting and driving my fellow jet brother.

I was reading an article that had cameras viewing truck drivers, over a series of months, and they came to the conclusion that texting makes it 27 times more likely to get in an accident. That's just insane. I never agreed with making talking on the phone illegal, but i can understand the texting thing.

I was reading an article that had cameras viewing truck drivers, over a series of months, and they came to the conclusion that texting makes it 27 times more likely to get in an accident. That's just insane. I never agreed with making talking on the phone illegal, but i can understand the texting thing.

I hope you weren't reading that article while driving.

I never do that sh*t would kill me. I figure if I'm the driver one of my friends will read em to me or I won't be driving and have no problems.

As for Sirius I have my iPod for unlimited music and this trip has been planned over a couple years. I wasn't really thinking about the Jets, I'm more excited to actually see a lot of the rest of the country. Thanks for all the tips and thanks to PS17 for helping me out.

He obviously doesn't have the time.

Yeah when I have to drive 6-8 hours a day it would be kind of hard to stop at a bar for 3 hours in the middle of the day when I need to be driving. The point of the trip is for me to see a bunch of different places, not just get from point A to point B.

I never do that sh*t would kill me. I figure if I'm the driver one of my friends will read em to me or I won't be driving and have no problems.

As for Sirius I have my iPod for unlimited music and this trip has been planned over a couple years. I wasn't really thinking about the Jets, I'm more excited to actually see a lot of the rest of the country. Thanks for all the tips and thanks to PS17 for helping me out.

Just a tip, I've driven FL-NY by myself 6 times. Music gets old quick, nothing beats talk radio on long drives. At least for me. Your obviously a sports fan, so I would look into what ESPN Radio is in each of the areas you'll be driving through.

You won't be alone so it might not apply.

Just a tip, I've driven FL-NY by myself 6 times. Music gets old quick, nothing beats talk radio on long drives. At least for me. Your obviously a sports fan, so I would look into what ESPN Radio is in each of the areas you'll be driving through.

You won't be alone so it might not apply.

Yeah another tip I heard was books on tape so I plan on getting a few of those.

My buddy in Atlanta swears by them - I don't know why though.

Everyone I talked to who recommended them said it's just nice to have something to pay attention too and be captivated by besides the highway. If its a good book it doesn't make you dread getting back in the car for a long drive each day too.

Archived