John Lennon the New York Years

Jetman_67

I felt really bad when he got gunned down. No-one deserves to die like a dog. Still, he was an anti-American dirtbag, and all these years later, not crying me a river. Piss on the U.S. yet take our money hand over fist. Not into it. RIP. Sorta kinda.

Anti American? John Lennon was not anti american. He was anti vietnam war, which we had no business in fighting anyway. he was never anti-american

Funny how history plays all this out. I read an article in NY Magazine recently that said (and illustrated why) that the Beatles were as influential as the Jonas Brothers are today.

I don't know much about them but it seemed like they should have more clout than that. But I guess the Jonas Brothers is a good level for them to be at. Kind of impressive.

Funny how history plays all this out. I read an article in NY Magazine recently that said (and illustrated why) that the Beatles were as influential as the Jonas Brothers are today.

I don't know much about them but it seemed like they should have more clout than that. But I guess the Jonas Brothers is a good level for them to be at. Kind of impressive.

This made me laugh. A few months back my niece (turned 13 a month ago) told me that the Jonas Brothers are as important/influencial to music as the Beatles were. I laughed at her. I was waiting for her to tell me that the Pu@@y Cat Dolls are as talented as Heart was in their heyday. Anyway, jokes on me. This is not a new phenomenon, unfortunately.

This made me laugh. A few months back my niece (turned 13 a month ago) told me that the Jonas Brothers are as important/influencial to music as the Beatles were. I laughed at her. I was waiting for her to tell me that the Pu@@y Cat Dolls are as talented as Heart was in their heyday. Anyway, jokes on me. This is not a new phenomenon, unfortunately.

What's not a new phenomenon" Not having any understanding of the history of music?

I went to see the Lennon exhibit today and it was more than I expected. Not only did it feature his legandary army jacket and New York City t shirt, but then there was his artwork and original hand written lyrics to some of his best songs. Yoko including the paper bag with his blood stained clothes really shows the effects of gun violence. Watching his home videos was a experience.

If you have the chance to see the John Lennon exhibit it is worth going to. the man was a true genius.

WHAT???

the jonas...dear god

that's saying the Beatles were a fad.

A) The Jonas Brothers and all these other crap bands are around for like 3 years max. So to compare them to the Beatles, who's music has been around for around 45 years, is silly. Not to mention, what influence have the Jonas Brothers had on anything? I can go on and on about the musical influence, along with the social influence of the Beatles. (Not necessarily directed at any body on this board just venting with this one)

B) For some reason Jetophile, you just hate the Beatles haha. Lennon wasn't Anti-American, he was just a Peace-nik. Leave the guy alone. If he was Anti-American he wouldn't have fought so hard to stay in NY. He loved it here. -- Think about it this way, back then we had John Lennon in the spotlight, today we have people like Paris Hilton giving their opinions. At least his were intelligent.

C) I definitely want to check this exhibit out.

A) The Jonas Brothers and all these other crap bands are around for like 3 years max. So to compare them to the Beatles, who's music has been around for around 45 years, is silly. Not to mention, what influence have the Jonas Brothers had on anything? I can go on and on about the musical influence, along with the social influence of the Beatles. (Not necessarily directed at any body on this board just venting with this one)

B) For some reason Jetophile, you just hate the Beatles haha. Lennon wasn't Anti-American, he was just a Peace-nik. Leave the guy alone. If he was Anti-American he wouldn't have fought so hard to stay in NY. He loved it here. -- Think about it this way, back then we had John Lennon in the spotlight, today we have people like Paris Hilton giving their opinions. At least his were intelligent.

C) I definitely want to check this exhibit out.

Its so worth it. Even the paper bag of John's belongings from the night of his murder gives you chills. While some criticized Yoko from including it, the bag really gets the message across of the effects of gun violence.

Archived