Jets 4.5 point underdog to the Texans- opinions?

faba

But hey we should bench the rookie and play Clemens, right? ;)

Nope. Clearly Sanchez is twice the player of Clemens. He definitely gives us the best chance to win...too bad neither of them has a chance to win this game. We lose by at least 10...my prediction...

Texans 27

Jets 17

Jack.

Get ready for 3-2 baby!!!

SoFla, a question: Do you still think we'll have a losing record like you thought in the summer?

I have no idea really this year 1-7...for all we know we could start out 5-0...there are too many unknowns-I ALWAYS hope for the best and the Super Bowl

Nope. Clearly Sanchez is twice the player of Clemens. He definitely gives us the best chance to win...too bad neither of them has a chance to win this game. We lose by at least 10...my prediction...

Texans 27

Jets 17

Disagree. I say Jets 24 -- Texans 17.

I think Leon will just have a monster day. Jones should do well too from what I've seen of their run defense. But their offense does have a ton of weapons, that's what worries me. I think if we can generate some good pressure on Schaub, we will force him into some mistakes and we will win.

Disagree. I say Jets 24 -- Texans 17.

I think Leon will just have a monster day. Jones should do well too from what I've seen of their run defense. But their offense does have a ton of weapons, that's what worries me. I think if we can generate some good pressure on Schaub, we will force him into some mistakes and we will win.

No Pace, No Ellis, No Pass Rush = Texans have a field day on our D.

Sanchez doesnt lead us to 20 + pts in his debut.

No Pace, No Ellis, No Pass Rush = Texans have a field day on our D.

Sanchez doesnt lead us to 20 + pts in his debut.

Best defense is a good offense. The Jets will be looking to grind it out on the ground and keep the clock moving when they have the ball, limiting Houston's offensive chances. The Jets rushing offense matches up very well with the Texans' rushing defense. Sanchez won't be asked to throw too many low percentage passes, and with the Texans' secondary that won't be much of a concern, anyway. Key matchup is D'Brick vs. Mario, where I think Mario has a big edge.

Defensively for the Jets, the key will be whether Revis can limit Andre Johnson on his own. If he can, and the Jets can be stout against the run, they'll be in good shape. But that's a lot of if's. I'd expect Houston to come out passing first, and running away from the middle of the Jets dee.

Jets need to control the clock and win the field position game.

I don't like the idea of leaning on Sanchez in a fourth quarter shootout, but I think he might be able to lead the team to some points.

The Jets will be underdogs in every game for the first half of the season.

If the Jets have a winning record by the half-way mark we'll see the Jets being Vegas favorites.

Remember, the national sports media is predicting that the Jets will be 0-5

Let's see what Mr. Defensive Genius Rex Ryan can improvise.

Yes, he is truly getting tested right off the bat. This game will give him an opportunity to showcase if he truly is a defensive guru.

I think Texans will run at Gholston all day long and he won`tbe able to stop them I think it will end up with 28 -27 game ,it will be a close game

I fear the same and I dont see it being close because of it.

Best defense is a good offense. The Jets will be looking to grind it out on the ground and keep the clock moving when they have the ball, limiting Houston's offensive chances. The Jets rushing offense matches up very well with the Texans' rushing defense. Sanchez won't be asked to throw too many low percentage passes, and with the Texans' secondary that won't be much of a concern, anyway. Key matchup is D'Brick vs. Mario, where I think Mario has a big edge.

Defensively for the Jets, the key will be whether Revis can limit Andre Johnson on his own. If he can, and the Jets can be stout against the run, they'll be in good shape. But that's a lot of if's. I'd expect Houston to come out passing first, and running away from the middle of the Jets dee.

Jets need to control the clock and win the field position game.

I don't like the idea of leaning on Sanchez in a fourth quarter shootout, but I think he might be able to lead the team to some points.

I think they run all over us without Pace and Ellis in the game. Which sucks, because I think you can let AJ do what he does as long as you stop the run against this team. If you force the Texans to be a pass happy offense, I think you can get Schaub to make mistakes. I just dont see us stopping the run.

You are right though, if we can control the clock by dominating in the run game, we can keep it close.

I see us down by 7 in the 4th and young Sanchez will immediately be asked to do something he has never done before only to come up short and the Texans will take it down and kick a FG to make it a 2 possession game. Texans by 10.

Archived