Jets 4.5 point underdog to the Texans- opinions?

faba

Really? Based on what?

Based on the fact that they aren't particularly fast, they didn't look good in pass coverage in the preseason. David Harris has never been good in pass coverage based on his two years starting and Bart Scott isn't particularly known for that facet of his game.

Based on the fact that they aren't particularly fast, they didn't look good in pass coverage in the preseason. David Harris has never been good in pass coverage based on his two years starting and Bart Scott isn't particularly known for that facet of his game.

Actually, it is one of Bart Scott's strengths. Scott's doesn't stay step for step with many receivers but there may not be a LB in football who is better at taking advantage of the 5-yard rule. Not many receivers get past Scott without getting knocked on their ass when he is in coverage.

Also, teams really didn't test our ILBs in the preseason enough for us to make a real judgement. Most teams were too busy trying to pick on Lowery or Sheppard when our first team D was on the field.

Actually, it is one of Bart Scott's strengths. Scott's doesn't stay step for step with many receivers but there may not be a LB in football who is better at taking advantage of the 5-yard rule. Not many receivers get past Scott without getting knocked on their ass when he is in coverage.

Also, teams really didn't test our ILBs in the preseason enough for us to make a real judgement. Most teams were too busy trying to pick on Lowery or Sheppard when our first team D was on the field.

I'm going to disagree with you but we will find out on Sunday. I hope you're right and Daniels doesn't shred us but I think that's our biggest weakness.