Breaking Down the Jets vs the Texans

jason423

Breaking Down the Jets vs the Texans

There are few things more exciting in the sporting world than opening week in the NFL. Every team and fan believes that the sky is the limit for where they can go. The Houston Texans for the first time ever are a trendy

Great breakdown. Nice read.

The suspension are going to kill us this week. We are going to lack pressure and stopping the run near the LOS is going to be tough with out Pace and Ellis.

This is definitely a game that will showcase Rex's defensive brilliance because we are going to have to stop the best WR in the game and a very potent running attack. Worst part is, we havent been able to cover a TE in years and Daniels could be roaming free. Hopefully, we cant take away the underneath routes by getting some punishing hits from Leonhard/Rhodes/Scott/Harris.

I think we lose by 10 and we dont score more than 20 pts.

The defense is going to be built on capitalizing on mistakes made by the opposition and they can not afford to drop an interception or not recover a fumble. There also has to be a conscious effort to avoid the penalties which were being called at an Oakland Raiders rate against New York this preseason.

I think this is key. If the defense can get us a few turnovers, and control the field position game, we may be able to squeak out a win.

Of course this is also the time of year where I throw out logic and put on my green glasses, so.... :)

That was a great write up. Thank for for taking the time to do it.

great read indeed.

Texans spanked the dolphins in a huge upset week 1 not long ago so we know they are capable of a good start.

I think a lot rides on the play calling of schotty. Our offensive line doesn't seem to be garnishing much love from the experts. I think we will move the ball all day long providing we get the push off the line & schotty keeps em off balance with smashmouth rushing mixed in with a short passing game to keller,leon,jones & quick slants to wide recievers. Sanchez will get his shots downfield if this happens with some success.

I think our D is hinged on Jenkins staying healthy for 4 quarters and solid play from the linebacking core. We gotta make em pay for any short receptions. we know Revis will hold his own so a good game from lito can really allow our D to blitz the qb from anywhere. If Jenkins doesn't tire we should be effective in stopping the run for 4 quarters.

jets win this one guys. I'd bet my other toaster if there wasn't a bank lean on it.

Great breakdown. Always well done.

Couple things I'm really looking forward to seeing. #1 Revis vs. Johnson. Besides his overall natural ability, the one thing I loved about Revis was his size and physicality. He's one of the bigger and more physical corners in the league, which is going to be a necessity when playing quite possibly the best WR in the league and one of the most physical (that award definitely goes to Brandon Marshall). If we don't have to roll a safety over the top, we could leave one of Leohnard or Rhodes to hopefully cause some turnovers.

#2 Gholston. Just wanna watch.

#3 Devito. I'm not sure if we'll see much of a dropoff from Ellis. I've loved everytime he was in there, because you know that he is going to be giving 110 on every single snap all game long. If you could get his heart for the game and throw it in Vernon, than we'd have something. But i still look forward to see this matchup.

great read indeed.

Texans spanked the dolphins in a huge upset week 1 not long ago so we know they are capable of a good start.

I think a lot rides on the play calling of schotty. Our offensive line doesn't seem to be garnishing much love from the experts. I think we will move the ball all day long providing we get the push off the line & schotty keeps em off balance with smashmouth rushing mixed in with a short passing game to keller,leon,jones & quick slants to wide recievers. Sanchez will get his shots downfield if this happens with some success.

I think our D is hinged on Jenkins staying healthy for 4 quarters and solid play from the linebacking core. We gotta make em pay for any short receptions. we know Revis will hold his own so a good game from lito can really allow our D to blitz the qb from anywhere. If Jenkins doesn't tire we should be effective in stopping the run for 4 quarters.

jets win this one guys. I'd bet my other toaster if there wasn't a bank lean on it.

Very true. And not only for this game, but for the entire season. Hopefully with Rexxy's scheme, he'll be able to stay healthy all season long.

Very true. And not only for this game, but for the entire season. Hopefully with Rexxy's scheme, he'll be able to stay healthy all season long.

yeah with starters out and jenkins being huge, I wonder what they'll have in the tank come midway thru the 4th quarter. Lets hope Sanchez can do enough for us to keep 8 men outta da box. we don't need miracles from him, just minimal mistakes & a well managed game with accurate short passing.

Overall we have to stay disciplined to avoid too many penalty yards & mistakes. I do think we'll win the turnover battle

the nfl is all about picking on the weak links

devito, gholston and lito are easy targets. houston scores 35 easy

supermario is the type of guy that really gives brick a hard time

gonna be a double chin strap games boys, don't have any sharp objects around

I can't wait for this game, there are so many things to watch for that will really show what we can do this season. My favorite matchup in this game is Revis/Johnson. This will really show how elite Revis is. Also if our defense has a big game for us I can't wait to see them with Ellis and Pace. I dunno why people are predicting our D giving up 30+ points... That is funny to me because we have so much talent on this D without pace and ellis. With players like Rhodes Revis Jenkins Harris and Scott we already have a better D than the Texans..We also gotta remember that the Texans Qb is Shaub. He is good at times but after a mistake or two he really can get rattled. Pretty much if Revis locks down Johnson, and we can hold Slaton off to an average day, this games ours. The Texans defense is mediocre besides Ryans and Williams.

Archived