Mark it down: Sanchez has 'it

SoFlaJets

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, he's the same height as Clemens and is actually 4 pounds heavier.

6-2, 225 isn't exactly little. He's 6 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than Leon Washington and I don't hear anyone worrying about Leon's durability.

First of all comparisons to Clemens don't help at all. The only time that guy got extended action Richard Seymour almost broke him in half.

Also, almost everyone worries about Leons ability to stay healthy. Not so much me, I think Leon could handle the load and do a great job. I also think Sanchez will be fine, but I can understand Chan's concern, he just doesn't look very big. Not to mention he played at USC where he was rarely hit.

Not really, only in terms of if he was suddenly used in a completely different way than he currently is and probably never will be.

Well, if Leon is used in the same capacity, something that Ryan promised was not going to be the case, than he'd be getting significantly less touches than Sanchez, so the comparison falls flat, especially when you consider the fact that the main reason people seem to think Leon doesn't get more touches is that he wouldn't hold up.

Well, if Leon is used in the same capacity, something that Ryan promised was not going to be the case, than he'd be getting significantly less touches than Sanchez, so the comparison falls flat, especially when you consider the fact that the main reason people seem to think Leon doesn't get more touches is that he wouldn't hold up.

Boom goes the pwn-a-mite.

First of all comparisons to Clemens don't help at all. The only time that guy got extended action Richard Seymour almost broke him in half.

Also, almost everyone worries about Leons ability to stay healthy. Not so much me, I think Leon could handle the load and do a great job. I also think Sanchez will be fine, but I can understand Chan's concern, he just doesn't look very big. Not to mention he played at USC where he was rarely hit.

This.

Also, I'm not going to lie. pretty boys just don't strike me as tough... brady's atleast 6'5, and being 6'2 myself, I've stood next to 6'5 people and there's a pretty big difference..

This.

Also, I'm not going to lie. pretty boys just don't strike me as tough... brady's atleast 6'5, and being 6'2 myself, I've stood next to 6'5 people and there's a pretty big difference..

Brady's official Combine measurement was 6'4 3/8" to Sanchez's 6'2 1/8" inches.

So there is a 2" difference.

As to the toughness, we'll just have to see.

Brady's official Combine measurement was 6'4 3/8" to Sanchez's 6'2 1/8" inches.

So there is a 2" difference.

As to the toughness, we'll just have to see.

Over 2 inches and Brady didn't start until over a year in a pro weightlifting program, including the offseason period when bulk is added. If i had to guess, Sanchez looks 210-215 now

I hope Sanchez has "it". So far, he's looked VERY good and has made me do a 180 on him since Draft Day.

I'm excited to see what he will do over his rookie campaign, a 16 game season, taking all the snaps, with no vanilla offense and no vanilla defense. Just REAL football.

Sunday we get our first taste.

Over 2 inches and Brady didn't start until over a year using HGH and other PEDs which added bulk. If i had to guess, Sanchez looks 210-215 now

Fixed.

In any event, I was just pointing out the correct height difference. I don't know what he weighs, but he did weigh in at 227 at the combine.

Like I said, we'll just have to see how tough he is.

Joe namath didn't face lb's that were 260lbs of muscle running a 4.5

Boy, there isn't a point that can be made that doesn't fly right over your head, is there meat?

The point is that size is relative. Namath looked like a big QB in his day and was brittle, damn near missing almost as many games as he played in his career.

Drew Brees is listed at 6-0 209. He hasn't missed a game in five years. Tom Brady is 6-4 225. He missed all of last season. Chad Pennington is 6-3 230. Need I say more? Your boy Big Ben is 6-5 241 and he's missed more games than Brees the last five years.

Sanchez has no history of injury. He has an outstanding offensive line to protect him.

Your concern is completely irrational.

Boy, there isn't a point that can be made that doesn't fly right over your head, is there meat?

The point is that size is relative. Namath looked like a big QB in his day and was brittle, damn near missing almost as many games as he played in his career.

Drew Brees is listed at 6-0 209. He hasn't missed a game in five years. Tom Brady is 6-4 225. He missed all of last season. Chad Pennington is 6-3 230. Need I say more? Your boy Big Ben is 6-5 241 and he's missed more games than Brees the last five years.

So the fact that bigger guys get injured, some how proves to you that Sanchez won't. Ok..

Sanchez has no history of injury. He has an outstanding offensive line to protect him.

Your concern is completely irrational.

The dude dislocated his knee cap in practice a year ago and then hurt his knee again 2 months later. His "history" without injury consists of 16 college game where he was barely touched. Your assertion that he history dictates otherwise is irrational.

Listen, I hope I'm wrong, but to suggest the concern is completely unfounded isn't realistic..

So the fact that bigger guys get injured, some how proves to you that Sanchez won't. Ok..

The dude dislocated his knee cap in practice a year ago and then hurt his knee again 2 months later. His "history" without injury consists of 16 college game where he was barely touched. Your assertion that he history dictates otherwise is irrational.

Listen, I hope I'm wrong, but to suggest the concern is completely unfounded isn't realistic..

Again you miss the point.

You can't worry about it. Injuries are a part of football. As the old coach saying goes: "the best way to avoid injury is to play hard." I don't think that's gonna be a problem with this kid.

FWIW, this is violent sport and every single player that takes the field is exposing themselves to injury. I dont necessarily think just because Sanchez looks skinny, short or what have you...makes him any more susceptible to injury then anyone else in the game...especially at the QB position. You learn how to take hits. Your favorite all time player Brett Favre isnt exactly this huge Adonis and never missed a game.

Its not like he's in a position where he takes on monsters all the time. He is occasionally going to get hit, its a part of the game and to go on worrying about every little hit like the guy is Chad Pennington, will be very stressful on your soul. And you dont want that CTM, stress takes years off your life and you are already a Jets fan.

Again you miss the point.

You can't worry about it. Injuries are a part of football. As the old coach saying goes: "the best way to avoid injury is to play hard." I don't think that's gonna be a problem with this kid.

I can make any observation i like. Sanchez is a pretty boy that looks tiny out there, it doesn't bode well for durability in my mind.

FWIW, this is violent sport and every single player that takes the field is exposing themselves to injury. I dont necessarily think just because Sanchez looks skinny, short or what have you...makes him any more susceptible to injury then anyone else in the game...especially at the QB position. You learn how to take hits. Your favorite all time player Brett Favre isnt exactly this huge Adonis and never missed a game.

Its not like he is a position where he takes on monster all the time. He is occasionally going to get hit, its a part of the game and to go on worrying about every little hit like the guy is Chad Pennington, will be very stressful on you soul. And you dont want that CTM, stress takes years off your life and you are already a Jets fan.

and now the leader of the three beefkuteers chimes in, can the third be far behind?

qeez.. it's not like i lose sleep over this, but chad is perfect example. He's a girly man as well and has proven to be a liability. I do believe some people are just built more sturdy.. like some boxers have a better jaw..

I can make any observation i like. Sanchez is a pretty boy that looks tiny out there, it doesn't bode well for durability in my mind.

And Ben Roethlisberger is a monster who looks like he can run through a Mack truck and he gets hurt a pretty decent amount.

The point is that injuries will happen. Some guys get hurt more than others. Their size and build has little, if anything, to do with it.

Worrying about it ain't gonna have any effect on the situation.

Sometimes I wonder if you get any joy out of life.

and now the leader of the three beefkuteers chimes in, can the third be far behind?

qeez.. it's not like i lose sleep, but chad is perfect example. He's a girly man as well and has proven to be a liability. I do believe some people have just built more sturdy.. like some boxers have a better jaw..

You love sturdy men.

And Ben Roethlisberger is a monster who looks like he can run through a Mack truck and he gets hurt a pretty decent amount.

The point is that injuries will happen. Some guys get hurt more than others. Their size and build has little, if anything, to do with it.

I get joy out of making fun of you..

qeez.. it's not like i lose sleep over this, but chad is perfect example. He's a girly man as well and has proven to be a liability. I do believe some people are just built more sturdy.. like some boxers have a better jaw..

Nobody was insulting you. Why do you always feel the need to be a douche when you are losing an argument?

It comes down to their balls.

But you're right, size doesn't matter when it comes to Quarterbacks and injuries.

I was sincerely trying be nice in this debate PHAGBOY. You know how many insults I've deleted from my posts just prior to hitting 'submit reply?'

The gloves are off now ****smoker.

i thought the gloves were to protect your knuckles from chafing due to being dragged around?

If he looked like Corkey (aka Stafford), would you think different?

Like DLJ would say: "Don't hate Sanchez because he's beautiful."

Just to point out why you and fatnip are ridiculous people who make me laugh...

Nobody was insulting you. Why do you always feel the need to be a douche when you are losing an argument?

Its what you do when you have **** for brains.

I was sincerely trying be nice in this debate PHAGBOY. You know how many insults I've deleted from my posts just prior to hitting 'submit reply?'

The gloves are off now ****smoker.

Post #2 in this "debate" and the first evidence of name calling...

You guys are like shooting fish in a barrel .. lol .. it's a shame cause jif normally seems to be a reasonable person, but everytime he gets in bed with kleck he ends up looking as cartoonish as kleck does..

You guys are like shooting fish in a barrel .. lol .. it's a shame cause jif normally seems to be a reasonable person, but everytime he gets in bed with kleck he ends up looking as cartoonish as kleck does..

What on earth makes you think I am reasonable person?

So says the guy who has a photoshopped picture of me as his avatar and makes the same three jokes over and over and over again. :rolleyes:

Archived