Jets Signed Ryan Fowler

Ghost

Um....

Larry Izzo only plays on Special Teams in the Regular Season.

...but he plays ILB during the playoffs?

Izzo never was much at ILB. I don't think he was ever really a starter, but he's played there plenty and he's done so for some decent Pats teams. Fowler has been in the league for 3 years, even though he has started a bunch of games I'm willing to bet that Izzo has more "experience". With any luck neither of these two should be seeing the field.

...but he plays ILB during the playoffs?

Izzo never was much at ILB. I don't think he was ever really a starter, but he's played there plenty and he's done so for some decent Pats teams. Fowler has been in the league for 3 years, even though he has started a bunch of games I'm willing to bet that Izzo has more "experience". With any luck neither of these two should be seeing the field.

It said he had 23 career special teams tackles in the playoffs, not defensive.

He has 19 career defensive tackles, I think that shows you just how much he's played on Defense. On defense, Flower has more experience, on Special Teams, sure, Izzo is the grizzled veteran.

The past week has looked like a Fantasy Football waiver draft.

That's what happens when you forgo building depth through the draft. There are guys on the waiver wire that are better than the rookie free agents we have been forced to collect because we have not had our full complement of draft picks. I like your analogy.

Archived