Coaxial to Component converter?

Papageorgio268

I just bought a tv on craigslist and didn't check for a coaxial input on the back of it, which it doesn't have. Is there anything I can use to convert my cable line (coaxial) to the three component input (red/yellow/white cables)?

FYI, you want a coax to COMPOSITE, not component. Composite is a yellow video which is usually combined with L and R audio on red and white. Component is 3 separate video cables, blue, green, and red, usually not combined with audio cables.

I would say your best bet is just to walk into a radio shack, they will have what you need.

BTW, does your tv have any other inputs besides the composite? IF it has s video that would give you a better picture.

The best picture from least to best

Coaxial

composite

S video

Component

dvi/hdmi ---which is debatable, hdmi is not inherently better quality, although some people think it is just because it is digital. The difference between component and hdmi/dvi depends on the source and display and to a lesser extent the interconnects between them.

Component

dvi/hdmi ---which is debatable, hdmi is not inherently better quality, although some people think it is just because it is digital. The difference between component and hdmi/dvi depends on the source and display and to a lesser extent the interconnects between them.

True, with one notable exception - though it is possible to do so, most consumer electronics will not accept a 1080p signal over an analog (component) cable, per the AACS standard.

True, with one notable exception - though it is possible to do so, most consumer electronics will not accept a 1080p signal over an analog (component) cable, per the AACS standard.

you are 100% correct. That was the content provider's addition to the bluray standard to get them on board, so that encryption could be added to the digital feed through the hdmi pipe to keep pirates from being able to copy the bluray, which is basically as high quality as the source material. You probably knew that already, just mentioning it for general fyi for everyone else.

Archived