Favre: The Jets knew about my torn bicep

Jetsfan80

I believe it. We have an front office that is run by an accountant. Not a football GM, but an accountant.

yeah I agree beans. why would he lie? I really don't think he's chasing headlines with this comment. I'm sure he told them he was still fine to play when asked.

I don't hate favre but I really can't watch him at any podium or interview. His schtick of good ole boy really is getting old.

shut up & play ole man

I guarantee you he said nothing about being willing to sit out. They prob all knew about the injury, but Favre and his ego would not voluntarily offer to sit, and not further extend his streak, unless it was a major injury preventing him from throwing at all. To come out with this bull**** now just turns me more against someone I had respect for before he came to this team and I learned more about him.

yeah I agree beans. why would he lie? I really don't think he's chasing headlines with this comment. I'm sure he told them he was still fine to play when asked.

I don't hate favre but I really can't watch him at any podium or interview. His schtick of good ole boy really is getting old.

shut up & play ole man

That's what I'm thinking. He and his ego got into the way of common sense. He has his streak to think of afterall.

Let alone he was trying to take jabs at Mangini this week, he's just being a prima donna drama queen he is. I really want him to get hurt so he can't play. Torn ACL/Achilles something so he legit cannot walk. Imagine him crying on the sideline like the time he retired. Or was it two times he retired?

I don't trust anything Favre says.

But how can anyone doubt the Jets knew about the injury?

It was reported DURING THE SEASON that Favre had gotten an MRI. We didn't know for what and the reports were that he had either a sore or tired arm. It came out later that he had a torn bicep.

But since he had an MRI the Jets would know the result. The same with Chad in 2004. The Jets knew he had a torn rotator cuff but didn't reveal it.

Methinks Favre knows he's done and is only using this as an excuse not to play the entire season for Minnesota. On the eve of the new season, he comes out and talks about injuries/imminent injuries. if he knew he couldn't withstand the rigors of a full NFL season, he should have stayed in Hattiesburg.

Methinks Favre knows he's done and is only using this as an excuse not to play the entire season for Minnesota. On the eve of the new season, he comes out and talks about injuries/imminent injuries. if he knew he couldn't withstand the rigors of a full NFL season, he should have stayed in Hattiesburg.

I don't care where he goes, I just wish he'd shut the **** up.

Brett should take a 17 week break from talking to the media about any subject.

That said, why would Jets fans be angry at him for bashing the Mangini management style. Mangini's ego is equal to Favre's. At least Favre has a hall of fame career to back it up. Mangini consistently made poor player and game decisions in New York. I dont have any doubt that he knew Favre was hurt and didnt list him as injured. Mangini thinks that the press, the fans, and even the NFL rule book are beneath his consideration.

Brett should take a 17 week break from talking to the media about any subject.

That said, why would Jets fans be angry at him for bashing the Mangini management style. Mangini's ego is equal to Favre's. At least Favre has a hall of fame career to back it up. Mangini consistently made poor player and game decisions in New York. I dont have any doubt that he knew Favre was hurt and didnt list him as injured. Mangini thinks that the press, the fans, and even the NFL rule book are beneath his consideration.

Favre has a hall of fame career to back up his lousy throws and horrible decision making as a Jet? That makes it all better.

Any complaint you have with Mangini's game decisions and player personnel decisions pales in comparison to the lack of credibility of Mr.

Mike T admitted it, but Mangini vaguely denies it:

GM Mike Tannenbaum admitted he screwed up.

Addressing the Brett Favre injury cover up, Tannenbaum said he should've listed Favre as probable on the injury report. Tannenbaum, reacting to Favre's remarks yesterday, said he already has reached out to the league and will cooperate.

"I'll take responsibility for that," Tannenbaum said of the injury-report deception - a violation of league rules that likely will result in a fine. "As GM of this team, I should've handled that differently and listed him on the report. We didn't because he wasn't getting treatment every day. We knew he was going to play. But, looking back on it, I should've listed him as probable."

Favre discovered a torn biceps tendon with four or five games to go, but he still "gave us the best chance to win." That doesn't say much for the team's confidence in Kellen Clemens. Tannenbaum said Favre was "part of the decision" to keep playing.

In Cleveland today, Eric Mangini, the likely mastermind behind the cover up, insisted he did nothing wrong.

"I can tell you we have always filled out the injury report by the guidelines set by the NFL," he said. "That was true there and it will be true here."

Asked why he played a QB with a bad wing, Mangini said, "I made the decisions that I thought were best for the team at that time. There were a lot of things I could've done better, a lot of things the coaches could've done better, a lot of things the players could've done better. I don't think winning or losing ever comes down to one guy."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/index.html#ixzz0QiylpgLy

Who hear or anywhere could ever possibly believe that anyone could force Favre to play a single game he didn't want to. That is purposturess. Favre only plays when Favre wants to. This smells more like Favre is laying to groundwork for another piss poor season. My prediction is the Vikings won't even smell the playoffs this year. They would be better off with Tavaris Jackson because Favre is going to leave their offense inconsistant and all of Peterson's yards will be wasted by turnovers.

Good for Tanny owning up and saying he should have called him probable, even though they all new he was going to play, and not pulling a "miss interpretation" of the rules turd out of his ass!

Tanny's an idiot for owning up to this.

Teams mess with the injury report all the time but since their is no definitive proof generally nothing happens. Tanny could have denied what Brett said and the NFL probably would have let it pass. Now that he owned up to it the NFL is forced to discipline the team. I'm afraid this will cost us a draft pick.

Tanny's an idiot for owning up to this.

Teams mess with the injury report all the time but since their is no definitive proof generally nothing happens. Tanny could have denied what Brett said and the NFL probably would have let it pass. Now that he owned up to it the NFL is forced to discipline the team. I'm afraid this will cost us a draft pick.

This happens all of the time, and it NEVER cost anybody a pick.

If Tanny would have pulled an "I missed interpreted the rule" bullsh*t comment it would have been worse.

If they all knew he was going to play, I'm not sure you have to list him anyway, and Tanny said they all knew it.

The reason why he said he should have listed him as probable was so Failve would not be able to cause trouble with his excuses, like he's doing now!

I believe it. We have an front office that is run by an accountant. Not a football GM, but an accountant.

look into his education at tulane instead of regurgitating what you read on the innerwebz

He graduated Cum Laude from Tulane Law School where he earned his certificate in sports law. He also received a degree in accounting and a minor in sports management from the University of Massachusetts.

he's more lawyer than accountant, and has sports related degrees

jets fans always forget about Joey C and bradway and the entire scouting dept as well

Archived