Kevin Walter to NOT play?

Ghost

Texans coach Gary Kubiak confirmed that he has "some concern" about Kevin Walter's (hamstring) availability for Week 1.

Walter is a game-time decision candidate. His absence would lead to more targets for Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and perhaps even Steve Slaton.

Source: houstontexans.com

Kevin Walter is a very underrated wideout IMO. If this is the case, we would turn our focus only on Andre Johnson and Slaton.

Walter is from my beloved EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY. At least we have a few playets in the league.

Walter attended Eastern Michigan University, where he set school records for receptions (211), receiving yards (2,838), and touchdown catches (20). He also earned first-team All-MAC honors as a senior with 93 receptions for 1,368 receiving yards, which were both school single-season records.

It really doesn't matter if Walter can't go. We'll just make a star out of Jacoby Jones or whoever. We're going to be better against backs and tight ends, but the pass rush is only going to go so far against an offense that just spreads us out and throws wherever Revis isn't.

Walter's a real cool guy, I caddied for him a couple of summers ago. Nice for the Jets if he's out though, he's a real solid WR and Lito could probably use some help across from Baby Lockdown since he's going to have plenty of balls thrown his way.

K-dub is a great guy and unfortunatley will probably be FA after this season. He's been listed as day-to-day with his hammy injury. I'm not too worried because I believe in Andre Davis and David Anderson as his back ups. His absence would hurt but it won't break the offense.

I expect that he'll play, he seems like a pretty tough dude.

Archived