Congrats To Derek Jeter

The Gun Of Bavaria

I never said what you experienced was wrong. Just that your experiences isnt the be all and end all of a situation. You refuse to accept that its possible that not all Mets fans hate the Yankees. You refuse to accept that there are Yankee fans who hate the Mets. You deny when anyone says counter to what you say...

So, exactly where is my arrogance? In telling you there is a world outside of what you experience? Then yes, Im an arrogant asshat.

And my rooting for the Red Sox has nothing to do with being a Mets fan or hating the Yankees. But yet you want to ignore that fact.

Any Mets fan who lives in NY area who roots for the Red Sox because they are a rival of the Yankees is pathetic. Any Mets fan who hates the Yankees is pathetic.

I never disregarded anything. I can not speak for what I have not seen or experienced. I didn't even mention nor comment on your claim that not all Mets fans hate the yankees. All the Mets fans I have known do. All the people I know who know Mets fans have said those fans hated the yankees and rooted for the socks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever, you said that's how he likes to view it, you totally discredited his experiences. Go back and re-read it!

hmm.. i re-read it and dont see where I discredited his experiences. Just pointed out its foolish to say Mets fans do this, yankee fans do that.

when one only views things through their own experiences and dont allow other opinions on the subject, then yes, they view things the way they want to.

I never disregarded anything. I can not speak for what I have not seen or experienced. I didn't even mention nor comment on your claim that not all Mets fans hate the yankees. All the Mets fans I have known do. All the people I know who know Mets fans have said those fans hated the yankees and rooted for the socks.

Since I dont live inside you, no i cant say that you actually have disregarded it. But I can assume it since this isnt the first time this subject has been discussed here and yet the same generalizations still are typed out by yankee fans... so thats how I come to the conclusion that people see and hear what they want to fit their point of view.

I find Yankee fans arrogant, not because of posters here, not because of friends, but because of my experiences with many yankee fans at work, at events, and games. My points of view come from observing, reading, listening and seeing. I guess others arent like that.

BTW, in case anyone thinks differently, I still love Arsis (no-homo) and enjoy his posts. There is no anger in my posts. Just a difference of opinion... hopefully i didnt post anything that was a personal attack..not meant that way.

hmm.. i re-read it and dont see where I discredited his experiences. Just pointed out its foolish to say Mets fans do this, yankee fans do that.

when one only views things through their own experiences and dont allow other opinions on the subject, then yes, they view things the way they want to.

He was giving an acount of his experiences no?

Cry more. All the Mets fans I know root for the Socks and have the ****ty little brother complex with the Yankees. Most Yankee fans I know don't give a **** about the Mets.

I missed the part where he said all Mets fans and no Yankees fans do it.

He was giving an acount of his experiences no?

I missed the part where he said all Mets fans and no Yankees fans do it.

yes he was. and i made the point back that not all mets fans act that way. dont see how I discredited him in anyway.... in fact, i believe I asked for the nonsense generalizations about mets fans and yankee fans stop because its a waste of time. yet it continues.

BTW>.. i love you too. I just love arsis more. Dont hate me.

:)

yes he was. and i made the point back that not all mets fans act that way. dont see how I discredited him in anyway.... in fact, i believe I asked for the nonsense generalizations about mets fans and yankee fans stop because its a waste of time. yet it continues.

BTW>.. i love you too. I just love arsis more. Dont hate me.

:)

That's nice, but it's rather obvious I'm not lookin for any love here, I do however like you for the most part, and am glad to know you love me. :P

You said "that's how he likes to view it," yeah you really gave his experiences allot of thought with that one.

But I must be wrong, after all I'm the arrogant one, wearing the pinstriped glasses. ;) I don't hate you though.

Anyway, It's nice to see you call it like it is when it comes to Jeter and you are always honest with how you feel about your teams, that's more than I can say for allot of people here.

And your stomach is large and your posts godawful.

I've been drinking milk and exercising. It does a body good.

I've also finally began to read actual books. Have you ever read The Velveteen Rabbit? I'm hoping that my new skills will help me with my posting.

I'm all about improving my station in life right now.

That's nice, but it's rather obvious I'm not lookin for any love here, I do however like you for the most part, and am glad to know you love me. :P

You said "that's how he likes to view it," yeah you really gave his experiences allot of thought with that one.

But I must be wrong, after all I'm the arrogant one, wearing the pinstriped glasses. ;) I don't hate you though.

Anyway, It's nice to see you call it like it is when it comes to Jeter and you are always honest with how you feel about your teams, that's more than I can say for allot of people here.

because I dont believe people when they make a comment like he did. I gave his experiences enough thought and responded with my experience.

People (and I mean everyone) do have biased views and look for stuff that reinforces their view and exclude views that dont mesh with their view. The tough part is being open to differing views.

Im not sure you're arrogant, but those pinstriped glasses look good on you.

I've been drinking milk and exercising. It does a body good.

I've also finally began to read actual books. Have you ever read The Velveteen Rabbit? I'm hoping that my new skills will help me with my posting.

I'm all about improving my station in life right now.

Lmao. Let me know when you get up to Hume and we can have a nice discussion about normative facts.

because I dont believe people when they make a comment like he did. I gave his experiences enough thought and responded with my experience.

People (and I mean everyone) do have biased views and look for stuff that reinforces their view and exclude views that dont mesh with their view. The tough part is being open to differing views.

Im not sure you're arrogant, but those pinstriped glasses look good on you.

Ok, I'm not sure how my comment lead to you thinking I can't read then though, sounds about spot on to me.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm proud to wear them, and they don't blur my vision either.

I also think they are what you "love" about me. :lol:

As Craig Carton said the other day on WFAN, of course Derek Jeter sets the all time Yankee hit record on 9/11. This guy just can do nothing wrong and does everything right. Congrats Derek. Born in my hometown of Pequannock, NJ. (Yes I know he was raised in Kalamazoo, MI). Represent!

Archived