Congrats To Derek Jeter

The Gun Of Bavaria

it'd be great to see someone besides Rose have the record though....I hate Rose with a passion (effing liar and degenerate!)

and it would bring more recognition to the great TY COBB (the best player in baseball history not named Ruth) - Cobb's .3664 batting average will NEVER be touched.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry but i really don't see the big deal in this. i guess it's kinda almost cool. but it's not like gehrig is very high on the list of all time hits leaders. jeter's still in the 50's......and he's not half the ball player gehrig was anyway. besides gehrig isn't even the yankees all-time hits leader, imo. babe ruth has more career hits than gehrig...just cause he didn't get them all as a yankee, big deal. babe ruth was a yankee...i mean c'mon the damn stadium was practically named after him. winfield has more hits also.....and he's pretty much known for being a yankee (he should be wearing a yankees cap in the hof, imo). this has been a pretty lame non-record chase if you ask me.

Wait. You call Rose a degenerate, yet want to praise Ty Cobb?

You truly are deluded.

pete rose was a "very good" player

ty cobb was the first player elected to the HOF, and an all-time baseball immortal

if it wasn't for Cobb then baseball wouldn't be what it is

Archived